Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rocky Horror Fans...

patois

There was some talk before about Rocky Horror...and since a bunch of us seem to be fans, I think it would be nice to have a Rocky Horror theme party sometime :party: Rocky events always makes for some good memories...so whatever I can do to make this happen, I would do! Who else is game?

Ok, I will attempt to explain Rocky - it all started as a little B musical that came out in '75...a spoof on a variety of science fiction and horror films. The movie soon took on a life of its own...audience participation was sparked where people improvised lines to shout as a group along with the movie...the audience, at key points, all throws things like water, toilet paper, playing cards, etc...there are dances that go along with the movie (Timewarp), people dress up as the characters and act out their own version of events underneath the real screen....there is a lot of room for creativity, roleplaying, mind expansion, liberation...;)

The actual Rocky theater experience is best seen to be understood. Apparently there is a showing of Rocky in our area - Hollywood: Flipper's Hollywood Cinema 10. And as usual, it is Saturday at midnight, the way the show originally started out ("Whatever happened to Saturday ni-ite?"). We should make a group exodus out there sometime and do Rocky CP style.

Ok, I will attempt to explain Rocky - it all started as a little B musical that came out in '75...a spoof on a variety of science fiction and horror films. The movie soon took on a life of its own...audience participation was sparked where people improvised lines to shout as a group along with the movie...the audience, at key points, all throws things like water, toilet paper, playing cards, etc...there are dances that go along with the movie (Timewarp), people dress up as the characters and act out their own version of events underneath the real screen....there is a lot of room for creativity, roleplaying, mind expansion, liberation...;)

The actual Rocky theater experience is best seen to be understood. Apparently there is a showing of Rocky in our area - Hollywood: Flipper's Hollywood Cinema 10. And as usual, it is Saturday at midnight, the way the show originally started out ("Whatever happened to Saturday ni-ite?"). We should make a group exodus out there sometime and do Rocky CP style.

I'd rather not cause then I would have to sit through one of blings famous 3000 word reviews. Maybe you should get clue freak and grow up. Repititious cult freakdom is for the mental derranged.

:half:

There's a lot to be said for some occasional freakdom in life every now and then...life can get very boring otherwise

Additionally, one of the things that really kept me going to eventually pass the Bar Exam was "Don't Dream It, Be It" (which I posted over my desk and looked at every day)....just proof that a little immature cult show can affect someone's life in a positive and constructive way

if you havent been to a "real" rockey horror your missing out on something as unique as fliptonia.....

besides you get to see a young susan sarandon looking pretty cute ...

sarandon-rocky-akira-u-101.jpg

BTW I get to be meatloaf

I wanna see you as meatloaf!!!