Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My 25 minute Godskitchen/Ikon review

Walked up to the place and the crowd was thugged out guys waiting on line for what seemed like a while, we just walked up and said we were there for Godskitchen and walked right in for free.

I hated Exit, and if you went to Exit then you can definitely stand on the main and remember it, but on the whole I am thrilled w/ the changes they've made there.

They've made the main floor look about half the size of Exit, put a pretty good system in there, and cut off the mezz level more or less which allows for a vibe b/c it's not so huge like you're at a concert. We were on the main for about 2 minutes, it was about 1/3 full but I liked the atmosphere if not the music so much. The system needs more coverage but is solid.

Up to the Pinky, Jason Jollins was on, good music and I loved the room. Sparse tho, and I looked for some CP/Rhythmism peeps, said hello to Alex Pearce but saw nobody else, looked for Kimee and Mask.... but didn't see them. (I actually saw a guy chilling like he was resting a knee injury and looked like Alan but no!)

Hit the rooftop to check it out and it was packed w/ hip-hop.

All in all I have to say that I think this party resembles the elements of the crowd at Tunnel in many ways and I would not just throw that out there frivolously. Eclectic, hard-partying and casual/ghetto I was really taken back by how dark the corners are w/ places to chill and how the place has an element of being a little bit run down which I really appreciate. I was only there for less than half an hour but I see tremendous potential and I will be back!

----on the negative side they need to come back from outer space on the drink prices. 9 for a dixie cup is only going to force heads to turn to elements and then this place will be shuddered once and for all.

Question: Does Marvesi own it still? And why did Godskitchen move to Friday's?

All in all I have to say that I think this party resembles the elements of the crowd at Tunnel in many ways and I would not just throw that out there frivolously. Eclectic, hard-partying and casual/ghetto I was really taken back by how dark the corners are w/ places to chill and how the place has an element of being a little bit run down which I really appreciate.

----on the negative side they need to come back from outer space on the drink prices. 9 for a dixie cup is only going to force heads to turn to elements and then this place will be shuddered once and for all.

Friday's?

word!!! good review... i forgot about the slight ghetto element at clubs that i miss out on sometimes.. i used to complain about shady charactarers but i guess i kinda miss them now... lol.. weird.. but i definitely agree with you on the rundown part.. i like my clubs gritty..

Walked up to the place and the crowd was thugged out guys waiting on line for what seemed like a while, we just walked up and said we were there for Godskitchen and walked right in for free.

I hated Exit, and if you went to Exit then you can definitely stand on the main and remember it, but on the whole I am thrilled w/ the changes they've made there.

They've made the main floor look about half the size of Exit, put a pretty good system in there, and cut off the mezz level more or less which allows for a vibe b/c it's not so huge like you're at a concert. We were on the main for about 2 minutes, it was about 1/3 full but I liked the atmosphere if not the music so much. The system needs more coverage but is solid.

Up to the Pinky, Jason Jollins was on, good music and I loved the room. Sparse tho, and I looked for some CP/Rhythmism peeps, said hello to Alex Pearce but saw nobody else, looked for Kimee and Mask.... but didn't see them. (I actually saw a guy chilling like he was resting a knee injury and looked like Alan but no!)

Hit the rooftop to check it out and it was packed w/ hip-hop.

All in all I have to say that I think this party resembles the elements of the crowd at Tunnel in many ways and I would not just throw that out there frivolously. Eclectic, hard-partying and casual/ghetto I was really taken back by how dark the corners are w/ places to chill and how the place has an element of being a little bit run down which I really appreciate. I was only there for less than half an hour but I see tremendous potential and I will be back!

Question: Does Marvesi own it still? And why did Godskitchen move to Friday's?

bassboy .. i am glad u had fun (seems like .. :) ) ... i wish i could've been there .. but if u don't know . i am in my father's country Egypt .. since my dad passed away 10 days ago and i am here to take care of family and business ..

it is funny u did not see kimee . she told me she was all over the place .. need new glasses perhaps .. hehe

i will catch you later my friend .. when i get back .. say in few weeks ..

peace

the MASK

Yeah, the crowd was a little more thugged out than usual.

When I arrived at around 1:15, I noticed how long the line was, and thought it would take me forever to get in. Some friends I happened to see there decided to give up and go somewhere else. Luckily for me, not too long later, one of the door people told me to go right to the front of the line.

Interesting schedule of music in the Grafitti Room, or so I had heard. First, drum & bass, then trance (spun by someone I know through tranceaddict, and it was quite nice), then hard house.

Alex Pearce was there? He was supposed to play in the Pink Room at 4:30, but I saw no sign of him.

The whole third floor closed down early, a little before 5 am.

Does anyone else think there could be cool afterhours on the roof, like on the terrace at Space (in both Ibiza and Miami) ?

I think that terrace could be real hot, but the sound system up there needs a lot of help...

I was there last night too, and i checked out the hip hop terrace, and the music was real low, for the obvious reason, its outside and they will get fined cuz theyre are residents in that area.

It does remind me a lil bit of the old school tunnel, but damn....going last night reminded me how the scene has changed......its all good though.

I got there a little too early I think so I'll try to be fair by mentioning that however,

there was a little too much 'tude for so after 20 minutes, I had to go. Ended up at Crobar and had a pretty good time, but I didn't want to dance with anybody, and eventually had a pretty tipsy cute guy make the moves on me when I was just trying to mind my own business. Guess I was at the wrong place at the time to be doing that.

I loved the music. It rocked me nice in the main room. But I'm really looking foward to tonight at Avalon. I lean more on the disco-y type of electronic and I hear Bad Boy Bill will be there.

I got there a little too early I think so I'll try to be fair by mentioning that however,

there was a little too much 'tude for so after 20 minutes, I had to go. Ended up at Crobar and had a pretty good time, but I didn't want to dance with anybody, and eventually had a pretty tipsy cute guy make the moves on me when I was just trying to mind my own business. Guess I was at the wrong place at the time to be doing that.

I loved the music. It rocked me nice in the main room. But I'm really looking foward to tonight at Avalon. I lean more on the disco-y type of electronic and I hear Bad Boy Bill will be there.

bad boy bill should be fun tonight.. me you and luz should meet by the men's bathroom @ 3:15for a good time...

Bassboy! We missed each other again! I don't know how you missed me (not to sound arrogant), but I was all in white with white netted shirt, lil white palm gloves, and pants so I figure I might have stood out? ...anyway...sounds like you had a great time! Good review :)

I had a really good time too. The music on the main floor was at first some commercial tunes mixed in with house which was cool and later hard house beats. The renovations look great...really nice on the main floor with all the white drapes, couches and walls...reminds me of the roof and BED in Miami. Two thumbs up...it doesn't look as dark as before and I could actually see people! hehe

Nice prog house in the Pink room too. Thanks to DJ Jason Jollins and staff for helping us out with my friend's bday party! Y'all rock!!! Nice prog beats too! Alex Pearce, we gotta catch you next time :)

I've mentioned this before...the line is a huge problem...Exit people always hold the lines...I dunno, probably to make the place look more happenin, but you know, I had two lil separate groups of friends who came, saw that line, and just went off to Crobar instead because they didn't wanna deal with that mess. I hope that gets fixed bc I wished my buddies made it inside :(

Great hanging with everyone else though... love you guys! :love:

Bassboy! We missed each other again! I don't know how you missed me (not to sound arrogant), but I was all in white with white netted shirt, lil white palm gloves, and pants so I figure I might have stood out? ...anyway...sounds like you had a great time! Good review :)

I had a really good time too. The music on the main floor was at first some commercial tunes mixed in with house which was cool and later hard house beats. The renovations look great...really nice on the main floor with all the white drapes, couches and walls...reminds me of the roof and BED in Miami. Two thumbs up...it doesn't look as dark as before and I could actually see people! hehe

Nice prog house in the Pink room too. Thanks to DJ Jason Jollins and staff for helping us out with my friend's bday party! Y'all rock!!! Nice prog beats too! Alex Pearce, we gotta to catch you next time :)

I've mentioned this before...the line is a huge problem...Exit people always hold the lines...I dunno, probably to make the place look more happenin, but you know, I had two lil separate groups of friends who came, saw that line, and just went off to Crobar instead because they didn't wanna deal with that mess. I hope that gets fixed bc I wished my buddies made it inside :(

Great hanging with everyone else though... love you guys! :love:

Lookin forward to checkin out Danny T at Ikon on Fri, Oct. 29th! Yay!

finally you got to put your review .. hehe ..

is that the long-ass review you were telling me about and that when you trie to submit you lost??? hehe ... well if it was then congrats for putting it back . if it wasn't .. then i understand .. few times i wrote long reviews .. and when submitting, they take forever and by the time u try to go back and forth .. they some how get lost .. and i end up giving up on re-writing them ... LOLOLOLOL

they need to bring in some hot trance dj's; the space is perfect for huge crowds, not like freaking avalon.

I've always thought the same too before Godskitchen took over...that this space would be great for a huge DJ because there's alot of space to accomodate so many people. Looks like they're workin on it :spin:

I've always thought the same too before Godskitchen took over...that this space would be great for a huge DJ because there's alot of space to accomodate so many people. Looks like they're workin on it :spin:

i saw pvd at exit back in june of 2002... i couldnt believe how PACKED the space was... i've never seen it like that before..

i was also there for oakenfold on thanksgiving eve and it was packed that night too, but that's a given since it's thanksgiving eve..