Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Recommendation for Best "Club" Hotel

all41

Heading to South Beach February 05. :bounce:

Looking for the best hotels that are close/walking distance to the clubs.

Ideally on the beach side but doesn't have to be.

Its is "in season" rates but I have a $250/night max.

Any suggestions appreciated!

never get a room at the delano or shore club for that cheap of a price.

they have a 3 day min. usually booked up for months

My visit will be Sunday to Sunday so that's not a problem.

250/night is cheap?

I guess that's what the market charges. Supply and demand.

Delano is overpriced. How much time do you really spend in your room anyway? Im not a big advocate of places like the Loew or Delano for that matter. I prefer the smaller, boutique style hotels that South Beach offers. My girlfriend is the one who turned me onto the Whitelaw. She and I stayed there 2 wks ago and it is my #1 choice. I have stayed at the Chesterfield as well but again, prefer the Whitelaw.

My recommendation for the best club hotel is to keep up the good work, because the hospitality business here in south florida is very competitive and your title of best club hotel must be the subject of lots of admiration as well as envy...anyways, good luck! :updown::spin2:

congratulations!

:beer:

So, unless you are looking for something fancier than you need, you can get away with much less than that, and keep the rest for alcohol (cause you'll need it). Like the man said, how much time are you going to spend in your hotel room? Hopefully none. Between South Beach & Downtown, you should be able to party nearly non-stop, not to mention the myriad of daytime activities that South Florida offers. In my opinion, your two choices for best value in a hotel are the Edison on 10th & Ocean , and the Holiday Inn on 23rd & Collins (on the ocean). Use the first if you really want that "in the mix" boutique hotel experience. But, use the second if you really want a nice place to sleep for a decent price. The Holiday Inn offers all sorts of extra benefits, not the least of which is a free parking garage on property. Check it out.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'd prefer an "interesting" hotel experience but I know I won't spend much time there. Want to be near the club action and close to the beach.

As to the $250/night, its a business trip. That's my "max" allowance. Spending less doesn't save "me" any money. Saving for alcohol is a good idea but that's another part of the expense account!

Nine years after it opened, this landmark renovated art deco gem is hot as ever: The adjacent pool has been replaced with more room to mingle, and chic in-house eatery Metro Kitchen + Bar cooks up one of the best Saturday night scenes in town."

- Ocean Drive Magazine

Perhaps the hottest (straight) scene right now is at the Astor and Metro Kitchen & Bar on Saturday nights, which, long before Match.com and Jdate.com existed, served as the official hotbed of heteros on the hunt. More than one woman has informed VU of their successful encounters with men at the Astor on a Saturday night, and whereas the club scene is more overtly slutty, hotel bars can be a bit more demure." - Miami Herald

Yeah, since you're staying on the company dime, I'm gonna have to go with the Chesterfield. It's a little far south, but not too bad. Realize that it is not actually on the beach. If you are looking for something like that, you need to make sure that your hotel is on Collins above 15th Street (address of 1500 and higher). Almost all of those are really nice, so you can just do a superpages search and start calling. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one of those for that price.

While it isnt on the beach, the Chesterfield is a block away-ditto for the Whitelaw. If you have time, hit the Chesterfield on Friday night(6-12) for Sunset Sessions w/ James Stratus & Alan Stenback. Havent been but looks like a cool way to start spend a Friday.