Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What stlye of music did Danny T. play at ark?

You can go into a long description of how Danny plays, but the best way to describe him is that he takes all of the so-called rules of djing, and throws them out the window...

The best quote I remember from him was from one night at Vinyl, where he was in the midst of one of his tribal/techy/housey/whatever the fuck you want to call it sets, and Veronica - Someone To Hold, just gets dropped out of no where, and he gets on the mic and says "Vinyl is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.."

I realized that I spelt it wrong a while back, but I didn't realize we were in first grade. Why don't you guys show the vibe you always talk about from that place and answer the fucking question. Thank you to the people that did

Bro, I was just kidding (but it's not the first time I've been accused of acting like I'm in the first grade).

Danny was great at Vinyl/Arc. He played every style of dance music possible. But I will say this: there were some nights where he was HORRIBLE. Some nights where people walked out scratching their heads saying "what the fuck was that?"

The party started to die a little, right before the announcement that the building was sold. Then it picked up again.

I think he used his party to experiment with different things at times, just to see what works. It was a great party overall though. I wish there was a Friday party like Be Yourself now.

yes he is and it annoys me that people label him a HARD TRIBAL DJ ,nonsense i tell ya. Wanna see what danny is all about then i suggest you pick up his CHOICE: A COLLECTION OF CLASSICS double cd on AZULI. Enjoy hopefully then you will understand and get it.

Yes Danny is definitly NOT a hard tribal dj, personally I LIVE for his tech-house sets, there is NO ONE that compares IMO. But still to this day I have never heard a more varied set from a DJ, he can satisfy so many different crowds it's amazing. It's all about the soul though, all the tracks he plays have SOUL tribal, classics, garage, tech whatever they all got it. :)

But I definitly agree about his CHOICE album, it truly is an amazing CD that people who TRULY appreciate house and all areas around it will love. Especially that second track by Yello (MY FAVE) :)

i think that every time that i went there i went on a bad night. as much as i wanted to like him, cause everyone was getting their panties up in a bunch about his music, i just couldn't get into it. after about three times i just had to give up on it. i'll be seeing him again at roxy though, im def checking out lawler.