Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar and Bad Boy Bill

patois

I got down to Sobe early since I'd heard about the problems with traffic the Source awards would cause. So I got there around 8:30....just had dinner, walked around Espanola Way, which is beautiful.

When I entered Crobar at about 10:15, I was one of the first ones there. The opening DJ, Boris, was already throwing down extremely energetic house - which was really only an appetizer compared with BBB's main course.

I just chilled with Bling while Crobar filled up steadily. We also got a chance to say hi to Buster, who was jammin behind the DJ booth. Also nice to meet Colby Reese, our gracious host. Grazie mille, Colby!

Right before BBB came on, the dance floor was already packed to the gills. There was a platform set up right in front of the DJ booth, which had also filled up. When BBB seized command of the decks, we knew it right away just from the strange exotic new flavor of the track with which he made his entrance. Everyone was eating it up.

I haven't seen parties and crowds get too much more wild in a club than what I saw with BBB. His soundscape was fast, pulsing and hard-edged. There would be occasional breaks in his rhthym, but the energy level did not drop. When the music ebbed, the crowd kept the energy going with shouts, cheers and whistles. BBB supplemented his relentless beats with a slideshow of hard, provative images that moved as fast as did the music....the image of a writhing woman's body, flashes of light, a print of a dance troupe...it added to the surreal atmosphere.

Unexpectedly I got very exhausted, so I had to leave around 2:15. On my way back to my car I saw all the evidence of the Source award traffic I'd been warned about. There was a crowd of people a block long waiting to get into some club at about Washington and 8th or 9th.

I got down to Sobe early since I'd heard about the problems with traffic the Source awards would cause. So I got there around 8:30....just had dinner, walked around Espanola Way, which is beautiful.

When I entered Crobar at about 10:15, I was one of the first ones there. The opening DJ, Boris, was already throwing down extremely energetic house - which was really only an appetizer compared with BBB's main course.

I just chilled with Bling while Crobar filled up steadily. We also got a chance to say hi to Buster, who was jammin behind the DJ booth. Also nice to meet Colby Reese, our gracious host. Grazie mille, Colby!

Right before BBB came on, the dance floor was already packed to the gills. There was a platform set up right in front of the DJ booth, which had also filled up. When BBB seized command of the decks, we knew it right away just from the strange exotic new flavor of the track with which he made his entrance. Everyone was eating it up.

I haven't seen parties and crowds get too much more wild in a club than what I saw with BBB. His soundscape was fast, pulsing and hard-edged. There would be occasional breaks in his rhthym, but the energy level did not drop. When the music ebbed, the crowd kept the energy going with shouts, cheers and whistles. BBB supplemented his relentless beats with a slideshow of hard, provative images that moved as fast as did the music....the image of a writhing woman's body, flashes of light, a print of a dance troupe...it added to the surreal atmosphere.

Unexpectedly I got very exhausted, so I had to leave around 2:15. On my way back to my car I saw all the evidence of the Source award traffic I'd been warned about. There was a crowd of people a block long waiting to get into some club at about Washington and 8th or 9th.

GREAT & ACCURATE REVIEW!! NICE MEETING YOU TOO, I HAD A BLAST, CROBAR WAS JAMMING ALL NIGHT LONG- ESP. AT 5AM!