Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Massive sound system @ Revolution Nightclub - Fort Lauderdale

festivalcre8or

Just wanted to fill you all in on what's going on at Revolution Nightclub in Fort Lauderdale (the old Chili Pepper space). The company that I work for, Pro Sound, is putting in a massive and I mean massive JBL Vertec sound sysem indoors and a JBL Custom Shop SRX system on the outdoor stage. The entire installation will be managed and supervised by myself, THE FESTIVAL CRE8OR.

For those who don't know, Revolution Nightclub is THE dedicated under 10,000 person Clear Channel concert venue. They will be booking national concert tours as well as some of the largest DJ's in the industry.

The characteristics of the club are virtually the same as it was when it was The Edge accept that it's more open and cleaned up. The second floor catwalk is still in place and a new VIP skybox has been added for a killer view of the stage.

The outdoor stage has been totally overhauled. The new stage is 40 feet wide and 30 feet deep. A new 6000 lb capacity roof was fabricated to hold touring lighting and audio systems. The outdoor legal capacity has been rated at 1750 people.

We will be starting the audio installation this week and will be pushing to have it done by Oct 29 for the Skinny Puppy show and for the Oct 30 and 31st shows with Jerry Bonham and UNKLE with James Lavalle.

If you went to ULTRA 1, 2 and 3, Cyberfest 2000 or Beyond 2002, I think you'll have some idea of what kind of sound system to expect.

Revolution Nightclub will be the prototype of what nightclubbing will be in the near future. This will be the first true dual duty club in South Florida equipped with a full concert touring system that can turn into a SUPER DJ system.

See you all there Halloween weekend.