Clubplanet Nightlife Community

scheff should really just shut his mouth

jtk4

He made some comments today that are just stupid when playing a team. PRetty much said the sox do not care about winning and other shit. I just do not get why you would say shit before a game about the other team. I am sure torre was thrilled about it.

He made some comments today that are just stupid when playing a team. PRetty much said the sox do not care about winning and other shit. I just do not get why you would say shit before a game about the other team. I am sure torre was thrilled about it.

isnt this the same sheffield that said he had no idea he was taking steroids and that he would never win the MVP because everyone is out to get Sheff???

class act

see none of it bothers me and i do not think the sox players really care, they no he is a dick, but torre must just be why?

I dont think the managers care about the trash talking that much.....

you think Francona cared that much when Pedro called the Yankees his daddy?

well.....bad example

Where did he make them? I haven't read anything in NY or on ESPN...

Where did he make them? I haven't read anything in NY or on ESPN...

one of the side reporters had it during the 2nd or 3rd inning..... ask googleboy to get it for you, i'm sure he has it... he wont mind sending it to you. :) oh, btw..ask him to find out which team has hit into the most double plays in the alcs lately :laugh:

I don't watch the game with the volume on, I usually just have music going instead. McCarver is practically senile these days anyway...

I would like to be in the same room as McCarver while he is broadcasting so I can smack the shit out of him everytime he says something stupid... Especially about the Yanks.

You never know with the press these days...

Think about it. Everyone is expecting a big brawl between the 2 teams. And they have not seen it yet. Ever think something was taken a bit out of context just to try and get something started here... So the papers have something more to write about.

I do not deny the fact that he may have said it. But don't believe everything you read in the paper.

I do not deny the fact that he may have said it. But don't believe everything you read in the paper.

Yeah, they're usually exaggerated or taken out of context... like Schilling saying "I want to make 55000 New Yorkers shut up." There was more to the conversation than that. I guess it helps make the series more interesting though heh.

You never know with the press these days...

Think about it. Everyone is expecting a big brawl between the 2 teams. And they have not seen it yet. Ever think something was taken a bit out of context just to try and get something started here... So the papers have something more to write about.

Yeah, they're usually exaggerated or taken out of context... like Schilling saying "I want to make 55000 New Yorkers shut up." There was more to the conversation than that. I guess it helps make the series more interesting though heh.

Yeah but think about it... Schillings is on TV right in front of your face to hear it. And there was nothing wrong with what Schilling said. If I was a pitcher I would agree that there is no better feeling than making the home teams fans quiet down. Cause with them quiet you know you are doing your job.

but he said he liked doing that not he was going to do it there is a difference. The papers made it seem like he said "I will shut up 55000 ny fans" but he just said there is no better feeling.

Ahhh. I got ya... Yeah big difference in what he said on TV to what they said he said... My bad.

"I was talking to [pitcher] Terry Mulholland [in 1993], and he said the awesome thing about being a starting pitcher is you have the ability to make 55,000 people shut up when you're on the road," Schilling said Monday, according to the Boston Herald.

"I'm not sure of any scenario more enjoyable than making 55,000 people from New York shut up