Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the biggest choke in history

jtk4

Why? Dude had cancer for god's sake. I hope he comes back and is 80% of his MVP form.

now this is pure speculation but seeing where he had cancer i would say that it was from roids. Atleast that is where alot of people who do roids end up getting cancer.

i am not a doctor but i did play one on tv.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on that we all know that he does drugs and takes roids because he can not handle the pressure in the bronx. !) years from now there will be a true holywood sports story on him.

atleast that is what i hear :)

I have no idea if he's on roids or not. I think he handled the pressure fine. First year was a typical Giambi year. Second year the average was down but the hr's and rbi's were there. This year he obviously had problems. If he's on roids then he's been on them for a long time...

Based on?

based on the fact that the whole "he has a parasite" and "he has a benign tumor" that no one could locate for quite some time....seemed just a little too shady to cover up for losing energy in a hurry

its no secret Giambi was a coke head and he was on roids.......maybe he stopped doing both. if thats the case (as one could tell by his serious loss in muscle mass and constant tiring) then he was going through withdrawals and depression associated with breaking any addiction. its not to say he wouldnt be fine if he werent playing baseball, but he had to subject himself to physical effort day after day in the middle of the summer while going through that.....

it'll never be proven until he gets caught, but I dont buy that whole cancer bullshit

based on the fact that the whole "he has a parasite" and "he has a benign tumor" that no one could locate for quite some time....seemed just a little too shady to cover up for losing energy in a hurry

its no secret Giambi was a coke head and he was on roids.......maybe he stopped doing both. if thats the case (as one could tell by his serious loss in muscle mass and constant tiring) then he was going through withdrawals and depression associated with breaking any addiction. its not to say he wouldnt be fine if he werent playing baseball, but he had to subject himself to physical effort day after day in the middle of the summer while going through that.....

it'll never be proven until he gets caught, but I dont buy that whole cancer bullshit

The parasite thing I believe because Giambi, his wife, and Kevin Brown all had it as well. Supposedly something like that isn't uncommon when you travel to a completely different culture as was the case with them all going to Japan. I don't buy the cokehead stuff personally, because if he was why would he stop all of a sudden? I know MLB drugtests but we both know there are many ways to beat those tests so why even bother? As for the rest, I really don't know. the only way we could find out is if he's healthy next year and hits 15 homeruns..

I have no idea if he's on roids or not. I think he handled the pressure fine. First year was a typical Giambi year. Second year the average was down but the hr's and rbi's were there. This year he obviously had problems. If he's on roids then he's been on them for a long time...
How can you have no idea. He got huge. And than when the steroid issue came up and they were cracking down on everyone. The man SHRUNK!!!

Plus if you look at his face the last few months. He looks like a man who went through detox. He looks like hell.

Eh what ever I am not a hater of him. I think he had a ton of potential and a ton of ability when he was healthy. But For a healthy Giambi or not. I still would have rather had Tino!

What are you gonna say if he hits .300 with 40 homers next year?

God bless him then... I am not gonna change my opinion he came into NY and had a good first year. And than a decent second year and it has been all down hill. He was been off the field more than on the field with injuries. I don't hate the man. I had respect what he did when with Oakland. Maybe NY is just not for him. I think he came here and enjoyed partying that is all.

I WILL STICK TO WISHING THAT TINO NEVER LEFT!!!

I WILL STICK TO WISHING THAT TINO NEVER LEFT!!!

I love Tino as much as anybody else but Tino hasn't come close to putting up the numbers Giambi has over the last 3 years even with the disaster of a year he had this year. Maybe Giambi isn't the ideal guy but Tino is clearly past his prime...

I love Tino as much as anybody else but Tino hasn't come close to putting up the numbers Giambi has over the last 3 years even with the disaster of a year he had this year. Maybe Giambi isn't the ideal guy but Tino is clearly past his prime...

I am talking when they first got rid of Tino... Tino still puts up good numbers considering the team he is on has 3 firstbasemen and he does not play all that often. You put him on a team and play him all year long he will still put up great numbers... Plus he was one of the few core players left.

Giambi is on the bench putting up absolutely nothing. And if you have noticed Giambi is not the same hitter he used to be. Forget the power. But his average since becoming a Yankee has dropped by a huge percentage.

I am talking when they first got rid of Tino... Tino still puts up good numbers considering the team he is on has 3 firstbasemen and he does not play all that often. You put him on a team and play him all year long he will still put up great numbers... Plus he was one of the few core players left.

Giambi is on the bench putting up absolutely nothing. And if you have noticed Giambi is not the same hitter he used to be. Forget the power. But his average since becoming a Yankee has dropped by a huge percentage.

Giambi's Numbers the last 3 years:

2002 .314 41hr 122rbi .435obp .598slg 1.033ops 560ab

2003 .250 41hr 107rbi .412obp .537slg .939ops 534ab

2004 .208 12hr 40 rbi .342obp .379slg .721ops 264ab

Avg season the last 3 years:

269 avg 31hr 90 rbi over 1359 ab's

Tino's Numbers the last 3 years:

2002 .262 21hr 75rbi .337obp .438slg .775ops 511ab

2003 .273 15hr 69rbi .352obp .429slg .781ops 476ab

2004 .262 23hr 76rbi .362obp .461slg .823ops 458ab

.266 20hr 73rbi over 1445 at bats

So despite this lost year Giambi has hit for a higher avg, more hr's, more rbi's that Tino in less AB's over the course of 3 years. If he put up the same numbers as last year (which most consider to be a down year) this wouldn't be close. It's one thing to be nostalgic, it's another to be realistic.

PS: Tino never put up great numbers. Outside his one career year his numbers were average for a first baseman...

Giambi's Numbers the last 3 years:

2002 .314 41hr 122rbi .435obp .598slg 1.033ops 560ab

2003 .250 41hr 107rbi .412obp .537slg .939ops 534ab

2004 .208 12hr 40 rbi .342obp .379slg .721ops 264ab

269 avg 31hr 90 rbi over 1359 ab's

Tino's Numbers the last 3 years:

2002 .262 21hr 75rbi .337obp .438slg .775ops 511ab

2003 .273 15hr 69rbi .352obp .429slg .781ops 476ab

2004 .262 23hr 76rbi .362obp .461slg .823ops 458ab

.266 20hr 73rbi over 1445 at bats

So despite this lost year Giambi has hit for a higher avg, more hr's, more rbi's that Tino in less AB's over the course of 3 years. If he put up the same numbers as last year (which most consider to be a down year) this wouldn't be close. It's one thing to be nostalgic, it's another to be realistic.

PS: Tino never put up great numbers. Outside his one career year his numbers were average for a first baseman...

Giambis numbers have steadily declined, Tinos stay constant. Dont go by the RBIs because Tino is batting behind a bunch of young kids. Yanks have more people on base. Tino is far more superior defensively than Giambi is. Tino is more about his team. Giambi is all about himself. I am sorry Giambi just does not fit in here in NY.

Tino payed attention to his fans. Giambi walks right by like your not even alive.

Do not argue this with me. My mind will not change. And I am sure many many New Yorkers agree with me. I mean have you been in the Stadium when Tino is playing against the Yanks. I will tell ya 55,000 + people think the same thing I do whenever he steps onto that field.

Giambis numbers have steadily declined, Tinos stay constant. Dont go by the RBIs because Tino is batting behind a bunch of young kids. Yanks have more people on base. Tino is far more superior defensively than Giambi is. Tino is more about his team. Giambi is all about himself. I am sorry Giambi just does not fit in here in NY.

Tino payed attention to his fans. Giambi walks right by like your not even alive.

Do not argue this with me. My mind will not change. And I am sure many many New Yorkers agree with me. I mean have you been in the Stadium when Tino is playing against the Yanks. I will tell ya 55,000 + people think the same thing I do whenever he steps onto that field.

1) How can you say that Giambi's numbers have declined? Guess what? If you don't play half the season you won't put up the same numbers. You can't factor this year if he hasn't played. The year before his avg dipped but everything else stayed constant. If he is healthy next year and puts up shit numbers then you have a basis for arguement.

2) Tino may have played behind kids this year, but he didn't in his two years with the Cards. The Cards couldn't give him away. They are pretty much paying the rest of his contract for Tampa. As a matter of fact, Tino's numbers have actually improved this year because he's playing in a tiny ballpark. FYI, Tino's numbers declined dramatically between the Yanks and Cards..

3) I agree that Tino is a team player, but what makes you say Giambi isn't? I have never heard anyone on the team complain about Giambi. Bonds is a dick but somehow the Giants manage to play with him.

4) Tino is a better defensive player. The Yanks never signed Giambi for his defense. Half the season he DH's anyway and Clark / Olerud are just as good defensively as Tino.

Don't take this as a knock on Tino. I appreciated him as much as anyone. All I'm saying is that they wouldn't be any better off if they had him over the last 3 years...

1) How can you say that Giambi's numbers have declined? Guess what? If you don't play half the season you won't put up the same numbers. You can't factor this year if he hasn't played. The year before his avg dipped but everything else stayed constant. If he is healthy next year and puts up shit numbers then you have a basis for arguement.

2) Tino may have played behind kids this year, but he didn't in his two years with the Cards. The Cards couldn't give him away. They are pretty much paying the rest of his contract for Tampa. As a matter of fact, Tino's numbers have actually improved this year because he's playing in a tiny ballpark. FYI, Tino's numbers declined dramatically between the Yanks and Cards..

3) I agree that Tino is a team player, but what makes you say Giambi isn't? I have never heard anyone on the team complain about Giambi. Bonds is a dick but somehow the Giants manage to play with him.

4) Tino is a better defensive player. The Yanks never signed Giambi for his defense. Half the season he DH's anyway and Clark / Olerud are just as good defensively as Tino.

Don't take this as a knock on Tino. I appreciated him as much as anyone. All I'm saying is that they wouldn't be any better off if they had him over the last 3 years...

Just call me one pissed off NY fan who is tired of buying players who eventually become unhealthy.

You put up good arguments. I appreciate that on this board. :)

Lets hope for a better next year.

now....let me step in on this Giambi issue

he was a 300,35,100 type player for four years in Oakland before entering New York supposedly at his prime. he had one Giambi type year and then stuck to trying to jack the ball out of the park. I also remember reading articles in the News pointing out that Giambi wasnt coming through in the late innings and doing most of his damage in the early innings suggesting that he would tire as the game wore on during his second season as a Yankee

call me crazy, but I see a trend forming here...........

so'k, we'll just get Sexson at 1B. 11 mil for him, another 17 mil for Beltran, it'll be great. Also, we'll probably trade for a lefty, either Zito or RJ and who knows? maybe Petey as well. 250 million doallars for next year.....15 All Stars and a partridge in a pair tree.