Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~ OFFICIAL RED SOX vs. CARDINALS POLL ~

lolahotass

Who's going to win the world series?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win the world series?

• Boston Red Sox
    • St. Louis Cardinals

Random factoid: The Red Sox have been to the world series 4 times since 1918 (1946, 1967, 1975, 1986).

All four times, they lost to the National League team with the best record in the NL for that decade.

Two of those times were to the Cardinals.

This year, the Cards won 106 games, best so far this decade.

At the very least the "curse", and the blessed "1918" chant may stay alive.

here's another fact:

no team in the history of baseball has come back from 3-0 to win a series.....till now

why dont we try laying off the obscure facts because obviously they mean dick

I have to agree... I am still going for the Cards and think they have a great chance to win it all here...

BUT ALL THESE BULLSHIT STATS THAT THEY SHOW YOU AT THE END OF THE YEAR MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. IT IS ALL TO GET THE FANS INTERESTED AND CURIOUS. BUT THEY MEAN SHIT AND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN...

I voted the Cards (sorry Bo Sox fans).....

I just think they have the momentum going... I think Boston might be a little more emotionally drained after the 7-game series with the Yanks.

I do feel, however, Boston has the advantage in game 1 as they had an extra day of rest where as the Cards only get one day off (today).

Should be a great World Series! Good luck to both teams :pint:

I just think they have the momentum going... I think Boston might be a little more emotionally drained after the 7-game series with the Yanks.

I do feel, however, Boston has the advantage in game 1 as they had an extra day of rest where as the Cards only get one day off (today).

Should be a great World Series! Good luck to both teams :pint:

wait....momentum?????

I have to completely disagree with you when you said cards have the momentum because the Sox just accomplished the greatest feat in a 7-game series of all time....not to mention the cardinals just finished a very emotional 7 game series of their own

i dont know lola, usually you're on point but you are way off here

The thing about the Cards is that they don't have a lights out starter. The Red Sox have 2. That gives Boston a huge edge imo...

Don't tell me you are gonna consider Pedro a Lights out Pitcher?He may be very good. But I would not call him lights out.

And even though Schilling showed something we all didn't think he was going to show with his injuries. Who is to say he will not be hurting going into the WS with the Cards... I am not hoping it on him. But who knows...

wait....momentum?????

I have to completely disagree with you when you said cards have the momentum because the Sox just accomplished the greatest feat in a 7-game series of all time....not to mention the cardinals just finished a very emotional 7 game series of their own

I agree that both teams definately have momentum going into this game. I always think that the team that has least rest has the advantage because they are going in with a little more momentum without the extra day off. Sometimes that extra day or 2 off gets you a little too comfy.

I do believe that the Boston win was alot more emotional than the Cards win. And usually when Boston and New York battle it takes alot out of both teams.

Who Knows.

LETS GO CARDS!!!

The thing about the Cards is that they don't have a lights out starter. The Red Sox have 2. That gives Boston a huge edge imo...

they dont have a lights out starter, but their rotation is of similar quality. no one stands out, but there isn't necessarily a weak link in their rotation.

cards play extremely great defense, up until yesterday when edmonds got charged on an error trying throw beltran out at third and the ball got away from the 3rd baseman, they had not commited an error during the entire post season.

they can hit for power as well as anybody, they can play small ball, and I would say their weakest part right now is their bullpen as a few relievers have gotten injured - like trying to hit a telephone.

Don't tell me you are gonna consider Pedro a Lights out Pitcher?He may be very good. But I would not call him lights out.

And even though Schilling showed something we all didn't think he was going to show with his injuries. Who is to say he will not be hurting going into the WS with the Cards... I am not hoping it on him. But who knows...

Pedro isn't lights out over the course of a 162 game schedule but he can be dominant in spots. He's been waiting for this chance his whole career and he's also playing for his last big contract. I think that's enough motivation. As for Schilling, as long as that tendon holds in place, I think he's the best starter on either team...

As did I (too bad Bosox fans).....

I've been cheering for the Cards in the NLCS all along - I originally wanted a Yankees/Cards World Series, but since the Yankees didn't make it, I'm definitely rooting for the Cards.

pedro compared to anyone the cards throw out is just by comparisan lights out. BUt really the only lights out guy in the american league is santana.

I do not like ortiz playing first, thank god we have home field. We have better starting pitchers, bullpen i give to them but closers i take foulke.

Overall lineup I think we are close. They have the big guns but they do have some Pokey reese type easy outs in there.

manager well i think tony is over rated but i would still give the edgre to the cards.

wait....momentum?????

Is this the same momentum the Yankees had last year when they beat Boston in 7 thanks to a homer by Aaron Boone? If I recall, every sports broadcaster in America claimed the Yankees had the momentum after beating Boston....."yep, the yankees are rolling forward after their 7 game series with Boston... ready to take on the lowly Marlins for the World Series... "yep, I call a sweep" (Joe Buck - total douchebag)......blah blah blah

Oh and how quickly it turned to "ahhh the Yankees are emotionally drained after beating the BoSox" when they got their asses handed to them by the Marlins......

I'm sure the same thing will be said this year if the Cards win. They'll blame the "emotional drainage of Boston beating the Yankee's...." or some lame shit like that..

I only watched up until the 5th inning and was surprised I made it that far. I am on my 6th 12 hours shift this week and I am tired.

Anyway I heard about the errors. But from what I watched I really enjoyed the game. Alot of hitting, alot of runs. One team scores the other counter scores. I believe this is going to be another great series. Cards have a solid defense and both teams have a ton of offense. And both teams have decent but not great pitching.

here's another fact:

no team in the history of baseball has come back from 3-0 to win a series.....till now

why dont we try laying off the obscure facts because obviously they mean dick

Dude, wow. Are you serious?

10-17-2004, 12:21 PM #13

djjonstephen

On The Inside Looking Out

there was a nice stat posted by fox sports before the game about teams in best of seven series that are down 3-0 and how often they win:

MLB 0-25

NBA 0-73

NHL 2-138

the odds are less than 1%

Do you remember posting that?

And now you're talking about how stats mean 'dick?'

yup, I posted that

like I said before, STATS MEAN DICK

the stat was pointing to the Sox having no shot at coming back, and they did....

what point are you trying to prove btw? you posting my comment from a while before only solidified my point....am I missing something here?