Clubplanet Nightlife Community

for those who drive stick...or know how to...a ?

iamme

how often do emergency brakes fail????

on a car when u use the e-brake often it is possible for the tension to start to wear and the e-brake become useless...also as barstar said if u park on a hill or a steep incline its best to use both the e-brake and parking it in gear...

ok, never heard of this phenomenon, continue...

years ago when i was working at strauss both of my rear e-brake cables froze and i had to resort to parking in gear...i didnt think it would happen but i learned the hard way that it can happen...

it sux leaving it in gear cause 1 time i didnt realize it...left of the clutch and nailed the wall infront of me...

that sucks :laugh:

i didnt even realize people parked it in gear till i dropped off mine in a lot where some midget had to park it for you and when i got back into the car BAM the ish jumped and then stalled.

luckily there was no one in front of me.

why the hell do so many people their cars and leave it in first gear?? is there any real benefits to it?? i always just park it in neutral...

like others said... it acts as a break, so your car doesn;t go flying into something while parked

i love driving stick shift . My jeep was, had so much fun with that ride :cool: