Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Greek Food

bumpdaddy

A greek family moved next door to me a few weeks ago... great bunch of people... they invited me over for dinner yesterday. The food was amazing octopus salad, all kinds of broiled fish and the most amazing spinach pie I've ever had in my life. They had homemade rice pudding that was off the hook too... I thaught my family ate good... these people know how to do it... Gotta find some good greek restaurants... Only been two one or two but the food was nothing like the homemade stuff.... any suggestions??

A greek family moved next door to me a few weeks ago... great bunch of people... they invited me over for dinner yesterday. The food was amazing octopus salad, all kinds of broiled fish and the most amazing spinach pie I've ever had in my life. They had homemade rice pudding that was off the hook too... I thaught my family ate good... these people know how to do it... Gotta find some good greek restaurants... Only been two one or two but the food was nothing like the homemade stuff.... any suggestions??

astoria is chock full of them. Kati Allo on Frannie Lew Blvd is awesome .let me get back to u on this..i cant remember all the names of the ones ive been too..because ..frankly..they were in Greek. my greek friends drag me along to all these places...and we eat like a motherfucker

i was going to say the same...go to astoria or anyplace in jackson heights.

astoria is chock full of them. Kati Allo on Frannie Lew Blvd is awesome .let me get back to u on this..i cant remember all the names of the ones ive been too..because ..frankly..they were in Greek. my greek friends drag me along to all these places...and we eat like a motherfucker

i love greek food, i wish i could make it half as good as some greek restaurants... mofos know how to cook... :clap:

I've eaten at two greek places in the city(Molyvos and Uncle Nick's) and one in astoria (Karyatis)... There have to be some better ones I dont know about in some hole in the wall in astoria....but I guess nothing can substitute for home cooked ...

and one in astoria (Karyatis).....

this is the one I was going to recommend. There's also one further down on Ditmars Blvd....right across the street from Astoria Park...but I'll be damned if I remember the name. It's VERY small...so small they have seating with overhead shelter outside in the warmer months to compensate. But the food is out of this world.

this is the one I was going to recommend. There's also one further down on Ditmars Blvd....right across the street from Astoria Park...but I'll be damned if I remember the name. It's VERY small...so small they have seating with overhead shelter outside in the warmer months to compensate. But the food is out of this world.

I think I know the place you're talking about... it has a smoked glass overhang and a small parking lot next to it??

...where's phatty....doesn't he know someone who owns one?......

..anywhere i LOVE fish so...it's a given..

....i'm right here.......but most of the joints i know are in jersey.....and to be honest, i usu eat home made meals at friends and families' joints......i can def say that Avra in midtown is a great spot......spendy, but a great spot - same owners as Tao....and there's Barba Georgos in Astoria.......i'll prob have a ton of greek cullinary treats laid out next weekend if i go ahead with the house party i'm planning.......just ask tony, marci and marko.....i laid out spinach and cheese puffs, greek cheeses, olives, meatballs, etc........too bad not enough people showed up.......lmao.......

Christos Taverna in Astoria is good...

Mythos on Northern Boulevard in Flushing...

Kati Allo on Francis Lewis is ok...

Stamatis in Astoria is good too..

Thanks for the info... a few people have recommended Christos to me... gotta get over there... There was a big argument in my office about some place elias or something like that... some people swore by it and a bunch of guys said it's really bad... Funny thing is my favorite italian place is in astoria and i never even think of checking out all the little greek places around there..