Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Porsche 944

truex1200

• 3 weeks later...
I thought that was the boxter? ;)

Wassup peoples..

Definitely pass on an N/A 944, unless you can pick one up for like $2k just to drive around as a beater car. They are slow as hell.

No turbo no go.

You can pickup a good condition '87-88 944 turbo with about 70-100k miles for around $9k. It's not a cheap car to maintain, but for about $2k in mods you can see 300 reliable hp at the wheels. \

Speaking of BoxSters... the depreciation is terrible on them! A 2000 with low miles can be had for about $20k. Not the quickest car, but they handle VERY well, the sharpest steering respone of any car that i've driven. They are a bit heavy though.

Wassup peoples..

Definitely pass on an N/A 944, unless you can pick one up for like $2k just to drive around as a beater car. They are slow as hell.

No turbo no go.

You can pickup a good condition '87-88 944 turbo with about 70-100k miles for around $9k. It's not a cheap car to maintain, but for about $2k in mods you can see 300 reliable hp at the wheels. \

Speaking of BoxSters... the depreciation is terrible on them! A 2000 with low miles can be had for about $20k. Not the quickest car, but they handle VERY well, the sharpest steering respone of any car that i've driven. They are a bit heavy though.

Boxser S or just boxster? The S is a nice ride, not smooth but fun and handles like it's on rails. Like everyone else has said stay away from the 944, unless your a mechanic and out of work....

Boxser S or just boxster? The S is a nice ride, not smooth but fun and handles like it's on rails. Like everyone else has said stay away from the 944, unless your a mechanic and out of work....

I've autocrossed both and driven a plain Boxster regularly. The ride is pretty smooth, but it depends on what you call smooth for a sports car. The gearbox/clutch isn't as smooth as it should be. My brother and I just finished a complete rebuild on his 944 turbo about two months ago. Took almost a year, but it all works perfectly. I'm talking complete strip down to the block, machine/replace everything and back up.

Take a Boxster and plant a 3.6 in there... now you are talking. :pint: