Clubplanet Nightlife Community

office dress codes...

dgmodel

my friend hated wearing suits to work when he had to, now he has a job that's business casual, and he still wears suits to work everyday and likes to now.. go figure

my jobs business casual, jeans on fri... but certain ppl in the office gotta wear suits everyday...

six years of having to put on that costume kind of gets ingrain into your daily routine... i had to wear a suit and tie everyday except fridays, and now that i dont have to i still do only because i dont feel like im at work or working if i do not... some clients that i go to see now i do not dress up for but for the most part i wear a suit... (plus it would be a waste to leave all of them in my closet after i spent so much time and money getting them...)

my last job i didnt have a dress code , and i wore jeans and flips every other day. it was great to roll out of bed and go to work. when i did mix in a skirt, people would ask "so where are you interviewing?" ironically i just got a new job and although the dress code is not as informal and i cannot wear jeans anymore (huge minus for me) i have made more of an effort to "dress the part." if you want to be taken seriously by your peers and management, then dressing to impress goes a long way.

agreed... apples always says to me why do you dress up for work and have briefcases and messenger bags, why not just wear jeans or sweats and throw all your shit in your bookbag... :laugh: i think wearing the costume goes along way, especially if you would like to be taken seriously like you said...

well...i have 2 jobs...

i'm a server/cocktail waitress/bartender at nite, n i work at a law firm during the day....just started the law firm about 3months ago, n its weird for me. i HATE dressing up cuz i guess i'm so used to bein in NYC at nite doin that whole scene, wearing black pants n a blank tank or something like that. i dunno...the whole dressing up thing sux to me. but hey...ya gotta do watcha gotta do. :yuck:

my last job i didnt have a dress code , and i wore jeans and flips every other day. it was great to roll out of bed and go to work. when i did mix in a skirt, people would ask "so where are you interviewing?" ironically i just got a new job and although the dress code is not as informal and i cannot wear jeans anymore (huge minus for me) i have made more of an effort to "dress the part." if you want to be taken seriously by your peers and management, then dressing to impress goes a long way.

I agree...my boss says he doesn't care what I wear but I only wear jeans on Fridays. Considering that most people think that I'm 18 anyway they would probably think I was even younger if I didn't dress up.