Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AMSTERDAM-CANNIBUS CUP

jins

Originally posted by jins:

Hi!

Just wanted to know if anyone has been to Amsterdam for the Cannibus Cup or for just any occasion. Any advice on where to go? where to stay? clubs?

thanks!

I went in 1995, we stayed at the Radisson which is right in the center of everything. I would recommend going through High Times magazine, we went through them & they hook you up with discount Judge Passes that give you discounts on herb & hash in the best headshops, they also take you to grower seminars & stuff like that.

If you don't want to go through them, I would recommend picking up an issue of High Times Cannibus Cup Special. In it there are lists for where to go, what to look for etc. As for clubs, we went to a few but my memory fails me right now. If I remember I'll post back. Hope this helped a little.

Guest ally

Hi!

Just wanted to know if anyone has been to Amsterdam for the Cannibus Cup or for just any occasion. Any advice on where to go? where to stay? clubs?

thanks!

Gene2K was there...he was actually a judge for it. I'll let him know someone's asking.

smile.gif Ally

I wish i was going but it's actually my boyfriend. he's flying on thursday and didn't book a place to stay yet. he is so siked though.... i'll definitely get him on this board so that you guys could talk.... he was thinking about being a judge but heard you have to wait between each bud to smoke the next one and he's all into being baked 24/7....

a friend of mine went there as ajudge one year ..... it was a 100 bucks to become a judge , but i think they gave u like 5 type of buds a day for 5 days or some shit like that .... that a lot of chronic .... and it aint no swhag weed neither .... its teh shit competing for the cup so it the bomb shit .. that'll be one forgetfull weeeeek .. worththe bean tho .... make sure u get on line at some point while ur there and give us an update ,.. peace ,, have fun .... !

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Hi!

thanks!

went to amsterdam this past summer. since we backpacked for 5 weeks, we stayed in hostels which is the cheap way to go. if you want to do that...try the flying pig...we didn't get to stay there cos it was booked but you can meet tons of people there. they have a website and you can try to make reservations there. in hostels...there should be fliers for the coffee shop tours which i didn't get to do cos my friend's not into that stuff. funny.

have lots of fun and be safe. i remember walking down the street and some dude came up to us and said "hey are you americans..." then continued on to say "be careful whatever you do here. i'm through with this place." and gave us a tiny plastic box with shrooms in it. also...somebody staying at our hostel jumped into the river with his friend's laptop computer...lots of drama...i dunno what he was on.

cheers!

cwm1.gif

------------------

dancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gif

Plan ahead! In one of the least logical arrangements in history, no store in Amsterdam sells Dutch Masters. There are Phillies and higher priced cigars, but no dutchies. I had a friend from home overnight me some cuz there was just no way I was gonna be in A-dam and not get off a Dutch.

You might want him to look into the Hotel Kabul also. It has a mix of hostel type rooms (4 - 10 occupants) and more normal hotel type of rooms. Really resonable prices (at least back in 96). It's very close to Central Station (3 blocks or so) and it's close to some really cool coffee houses.

My favorite place to go chill was a place call the Greenhouse Effect. You could get shit by the gram instead of by the 25 gilder, so it give you the ability to sample a larger variety of stuff. Plus the staff in there was super cool...

cwm11.gifcwm4.gif

I went to Amsterdam last september...can't remember the name of the hotel..thats how burnt I am. Definately check out the Sex Musuem, Van Gogh Musuem, Anne Frank House, Heinken Brewing Factory, Club Innercity, Sensation, Grasshopper, Flower Market, Tulip Fields.

PS:THE BEST BUD IS JACK FROST AND WHITE WIDOW! Have a great time!

DJ smile.gif

i lived in a'dam for 2 years while i studied. the best coffeshop is de rokerij. there are 3 of them. go to the one near leidseplein. it is up the block from mcdonalds. the best club was the it when i was there. friday nite is known as madhouse and the resident dj is dj jean, who is great. this club has the best light show i have ever seen. do not buy any xtc in the street. try to talk to some dutch people in clubs or in coffeeshops and ask around if you are interested. do not buy weed at the bulldog, too commercial. go to de rokerij, any weed or hash is good. have fun it is a great place to party. have a nice trip.