Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ VIBE Owned Spirit!!

yeah eliseo that shit was ill all night the vibe spot in the corner man. you picked a good one.that cat learned his lesson tho with the backing of the ass move he was doing (is that even dancing?) shoot me if it is...i'm gonna stay local tonight tho i'm hurting ...

I thought Vibe played better in the summer at spirit.

LES were killing with their opening set. last 1-2 hours of their set was peak haedline tunes, they are great and didnt really play warm up.

so when vibe came on he had to kick tougher beats to match what LES were playing. I thought some of his records were cool rhythmically and he did play alot of tribal bottoms but I prefer his more melodic or eurodisco side.

in summer he played more sweet and disco.

i thought he was too much tribally progressive and not as song based as sm times. anyway I will go see him everytime hes one of the coolest djs.

he played one song that a lot of trance/progg djs play I call it 'the roger tisch song' cos I dont know the name of it.

but the crowd was pretty bad. i actually thought spirit on a friday wldnt have that b&t/nj/mook populace but it sure did. crobar draws a much better looking crowd.

i did see a few people i knew from last time vibe at spirit & they were cool but basically i was shocked to see even 4 or 5 cute girls last night cos the crowd was so ugly and downmarket.

also the 'asian' factor really got to me last night. believe me i respect every ethnic group but there was a convention of koreans & phillppini at the stage area near the bar that was acting so F*ed up. what is with that shaking dance? its not pleasant to see it looks like a sex crime is occuring.

also why do the asians clustre around each other like a big convention? and why are they so unfriendly to non-asians? at a club a vibe occurs when diff races come together & accept each other openly. there was not that vibe at spirit last night. the asians commandeered one side of the club and the other side was everyone else, a few cuties & cool clubbers but a lot of mooks who are so gross with their mousse hair and sleeveless tees.

i want to see vibe smwhere else like when he played at arc. i cant handle spirits downmarket crowd.

anyway LES was great & i thought they played a headline set so that was almost enuf musically. as i say vibe played tougher and less melodic than i expected to i split at 3:45. im sure he played some sweeter & more euro tracks later?

anyway hes one of the best djs & I will go for him everytime. spirit- that place is a dump.

great night people.. Much respect to all the dancers that were there with me fucking shit up... You know your name , i really don't feel like writing them.

Nobody should care about the crowd.. Usually when we all go some where together we get the crowd moving.. That's because were BAD ASS!!!!

Lets go Robbie Rivera.. whoooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo

night

the quality of the attendees obvs affects the vibe & experience of a club night. spirit attracts sm real undesireables as does avalon and they make a night out unpleasant.

despite vibe's music being sm of the best anywhere. it was almost hard to enjoy last night at spirit and thankfully LES was rocking hard so it was ok while they were on but i became more & more grossed out as a2 turned to 3.

can you describe any diff types of sounds vibe brought out after 3:30?

or it was the same type of progressive tribal he played from 2-3-??

i dont think ive ever been dissapointed with any set from vibe ive ever heard...what got me hooked on him was during the wmc at maze in '02...he closed a party that opend with les,creamer,peacedivision...one of the best nights ive ever been a part of:party:

ok so its me jessica i finally got my damn name to work on this boards. I was having some problems. anyways ..The crowd did suck but when i found the little crew corner i was like yes!!! :) The music was great!! :clap: I saw vibe once before at centro fly and he ripped but the place was pretty empty. So this time although it was just the few of us we still made the best out of it and i enjoyed everyones great dancing chillin spirits! Had a blast , danced my ass off and totally loved the music!! It was very nice meeting everyone ....to name the few i remeber ... Kim Brandon Arg Chasity Jen alberto and the kid with the hat that was breakdancin and shit don't know his name though.

well everyone was great, wonderful time!

muahz!

jess =)

1) I am trying to figure out what happened with the list...it was a "one-off" for GK and some of the staff might have not been clued in to the lists GK were running so apologies are due.

i have to ask though; what makes a crowd suck? i mean i can understand if the sound system is subpar that can take away from enjoyment of the night, or if there are issues at the door..i can appreciate that setting a bad tone too, but what makes a crowd suck?

dj

just a question- what is this shaking dance that the asians seem to like so much? it looks like an assault/sex crime. since you mention culture what is it with huge groups of asians [or phillippini or koreans] taking over sizable portions of a club and acting rudely or worse to any non-asian who happens to be near 'their' area? it happened last night at the right side of the stage near the bar. it was a an asian convention. youre telling me youve never seen the behaviour Im describing here at any club?

ie been clubbing forever and there is a certain 'look' that we call 'nj-mook-guido-sleeveless tee-gotti boys hair' and face it that element is a drag at clubs- and spirit seems to attract a ton of them incl last night. crobar is more selecetive in crowd control & its a far better club than spirit. [i hvnt gone to ikon yet cos i hv heard the mooks are all over that place.][i stopped going to avalon cos as good as dave seaman & coxy were, i cldnt stand the B&T crowd the gross club & the asian shaking rape dance]

i love dj vibe but last nights crowd was 66% gross and theres no other way to say it. i hope vibe plays smwhere else next time.

just a question- what is this shaking dance that the asians seem to like so much? it looks like an assault/sex crime. since you mention culture what is it with huge groups of asians [or phillippini or koreans] taking over sizable portions of a club and acting rudely or worse to any non-asian who happens to be near 'their' area? it happened last night at the right side of the stage near the bar. it was a an asian convention. youre telling me youve never seen the behaviour Im describing here at any club?

Correction...

those Asians are predominantly Chinese... maybe Koreans?...

and there's no such thing as (Phillippini)its Filipinos cause im Flip and were not Asians were Pacific Islanders... and Filipinos are not too much into this scene..since i know the few thats in it...and we're far from the stereotype that you speak of...most of the Filipinos i know will kick anyones ass in the dancefloor and it aint your typical cornball dance moves either. :vomit3:

Correction...

and there's no such thing as (Phillippini)its Filipinos cause im Flip and were not Asians were Pacific Islanders... and Filipinos are not too much into this scene..since i know the few thats in it...and we're far from the stereotype that you speak of...most of the Filipinos i know will kick anyones ass in the dancefloor and it aint your typical cornball dance moves either. :vomit3:

Just make sure when you do the SF shuffle you keep your head straight. Allota wankstas be purpetrating madd wackness on the dancefloor. SF4Eva...

:half:

Just make sure when you do the SF shuffle you keep your head straight. Allota wankstas be purpetrating madd wackness on the dancefloor. SF4Eva...

:half:

yes we must leave our heads straight as we do the SF shuffle brings out the moves (lol) even more Viva jp... :vomit2:

Correction...

Correction...

you are a dirty cambodian!

YAHTZEE!!

I met a lot of people in Spirit friday who were all very nice. When I would give an Asian, Chinese or any race along those lines a nod I would get a nasty look. Also I'm sorry but they can't dance. They either grab the subwoofers on the floor and shake their head back and forth or they shake their body side to side. What is that?!?! I didn't see one not one of them pull off a good dance move. I'm not saying I'm the best dancer but I know my moves would be respected by another dancer. Their attitude is mean. When I got pushed or shoved in Spirit Friday or did it to someone else I made sure I said excuse and most people said it back when they did the same but when the Asian invasion pushes through with their whole crew they act like the club is their's and that is very rude. Sorry but I need to vent because I feel like the minority in clubs as of late.

sf shuffle :hung: and thats all i have to say about that. blah!

what makes a club suck other then the usual fighting with ppl about lists and paying or not paying when you know you really don't have too and dealing with stupid bullshit like that ....ppl pushing...rude....obnixous and all that goods stuff ...but for me is when no one around you feels the vibe. I mean when i go out--i go out to hear the music and dance. when theres ppl around me that are just worried about making out or grabbing asses(unless i want the person to grab my ass lol) or any stupid shit like that its like fuck off. me i want ppl around that are feeling the music dancin chillin yellin when it gets good etc. i don't know just me...

I am definitely not a racist & I think m polite 98% of the time at clubs but the asian invasion was out of control at spirit on friday. that shaking dance obvs shows how f*cked out of their heads the asians are and they definitely try to pull sm 'this is our club area' ostracism and overt rudeness & meanness to non-asians. its sickening & it was a big reason that dj vibes beautiful music was ruined at spirit on friday.

also that spirit lets any old trash in a bunch of sf mooks is just as bad as an army of asian shaking dancers.

crobar is 1000X better club than spirit cos they exert better crowd control & selection. and its much nicer designwise- spirit & avalon might be the most uncomfortable clubs in nyc right now.

i swore off avalon after seeing pools of puke at dave seaman and i think ive sworn off spirit except for certain one-off events taht wont be drawing the asian shakers or nj mook crowds.

thank god for crobar- their bookings, crowd control, sel;ectivity & class.

class- what spirit & the friday night crowd majorly lacked.

The "asian's" are the worst at show on sundays, but then again you find the worst of EVERYTHING at show on sunday.. ha!

I hate saying "asian" cuz theres PLENTY who are not 45 and cracked out and enjoy the music, they do look chinese (DEF NOT Korean) though and all seem to know eachother (ever notice?)

Class thing is bullshit, granted they are cracked out and you cant tell how anyone dances online outside, they are all dressed nice/neat.. some may seem like walmart clothes but its still neat. Id smack the shit out of someone if they said to me "no blacks allowed tonight, and you are wearing armani and have diesel shoes, you must be guido and do the sf shuffle"