Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comparing London To NY

Don't forget Manchester (Morrisey, the Happy Mondays, the Chemical Bros anyone?), Bristol (birthplay of DnB) etc.

Yeah we do have a good scene but beleive me you have to wade through a lot of shit to get to it.

Problem is that in most places you have your pubs and your clubs and never the twain shall meet. Pubs close at 11 so you get a load of lairy beer monsters piling into clubs looking for chart dance and a fight. Consequently about 90% of the clubs here are dangerous, scary places selling underage girls loopy juice and watching as carnage ensues. We have a lot of issues with binge drinking cos clubs make all their money pushing cheap sweet booze down punters necks.

But the rest?

Wouldn't miss it for the world!

This week alone, we had Carl Cox and Pete Tong at Pacha, Danny Tenaglia at Heaven. Danny Howells at The End, and Tyrant at Fabric. Weeks like that aren't totally out of the ordinary here. I love the New York scene, but I'll have to say I generally enjoy the scene out in London and Europe much better, especially since techno and breaks are a bigger deal here.

• 2 weeks later...

I am from the US (Miami), but would take London any day. I went to school out there is 1994 and never wanted to come back (the best I can do is try to get out there every year).

I think I am coming from a slightly different music perspective, but drum and bass are great out there (even though I think many of the UK dj's tend to have better sets in the US - could just be that its a different atmosphere)... :pint:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...