Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dave Wannstedt to resign as Head Coach of the Dolphins

tigerclaw

I watching the Monday Night Football game, and noticed some text on top of the screen thats reporting that Dave Wannsteadt will be resigning as head coach, They will talk about it after the game, Lets see what this is all about, However, The Miami Herald website just posted about it, Heres what it says.

Dave Wannstedt is expected to resign today, ending a five-season tenure as the Dolphins head coach, according to club sources.

Defensive coordinator Jim Bates will be named the interim head coach during an afternoon news conference at the team's Davie training facility.

Wannstedt ends his coaching tenure in Miami with a 42-31 record. His overall NFL coaching record stands at 82-89.

Bates is a former head coach for the USFL San Antonio Gunslingers. He coached that team in 1985 and has been an NFL assistant since 1991.

It is unclear whether Wannstedt was forced to resign. He indicated no such intention during a Monday afternoon news conference and Sunday evening, scoffed at the suggestion that he would such a thing.

At the same news conference Monday afternoon, Wannstedt deflected questions about his future with the Dolphins but suggested his tenure would be secure through the end of the season.

An NFL source said Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga spoke with Wannstedt late Monday afternoon. After that meeting, Wannstedt agreed to resign. It is unclear weather Wannstedt will collect the remaining two years of his contract.

The Dolphins will play their first game under Bates on Nov. 21 at the Seattle Seahawks.

jim bates will coach for the rest of the year....then they will clean house....i say from GM to the guy who trains these players...the conditioning coach should be fired...look at all the early seasson injuries....these guys' conditioning suck. and not just this year, look at recent years' injuries.

i dont know the guys name but the GM from the patriots is leaving this year and i hope the fins grab this guy cuz he'll bring charlie weis (SP) as your coach or your offesnsive coordinator. you can use mark tressman as either or.

get a first round pic and a player for ricky. that gives us 2 first round picks.

ive also heard they wanna trade our first round pick for drew brees, but i dont think thats a good move...

we'll see what happens

oh yea fassel sucks

they are also mentioning LSU's Nick Saban as a possible replacement which I think is a terrible idea. we dont need a college coach. we need a pro coach.

Stoops is great as is Saban, but several factors come into play. college ball and NFL ball are two separate animals (as proven by former Florida coach Steve Spurrier). college's recruit talent and about who can give the best deal and who has the better programs. that the reason why certain programs are ALWAYS in the top every year. people like Saban and Stoops are making loads of cash, have all the power, fan support, and worshipped like god's... it's a gravy train few ever get to see. are they going to leave that gravy train for a train wreck? i dont think so. would they be leaving a successful program they built, for a serious trainwreck that will take a few years to fix, at a place like Miami where fans are fickle, for about the same amount of money? heh think about it

we need a pro coach and I repeat.. WE NEED A PRO COACH! it'll be the only way we'll get out of this trainwreck

Scott Poli has been mentioned to replace Rick Speilman. Marc Trestman has been mentioned to be a possible replacement as next year's Offensive Coordinator.