Clubplanet Nightlife Community

warming up your car...

fkornre

my car doesnt need warming up... 1 minute and its haul ass time.i just turn the heated seats on. had a neighbor a few years back who bought one of those remote starters and installed it himself. one day he was at a laundromat. after loading the washers, he sauntered to the parking lot flipping the switch several times and nothing happened. a few minutes later, there was thick smoke billowing from under the hood.... by the time the FD got there, his car looked like a bbq grill. he prolly didnt install it right.

my car doesnt need warming up... 1 minute and its haul ass time.i just turn the heated seats on. had a neighbor a few years back who bought one of those remote starters and installed it himself. one day he was at a laundromat. after loading the washers, he sauntered to the parking lot flipping the switch several times and nothing happened. a few minutes later, there was thick smoke billowing from under the hood.... by the time the FD got there, his car looked like a bbq grill. he prolly didnt install it right.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the question is...how may times have you gone out to start your car, go back inside, get sidetracked, and walk out to find your car has been running for half an hour?

i lost count

I actually forgot to shut my car off once cause I was to busy grabbing shit out of it. I went in and about half the day went by when my landlord finally came down to my apartment to ask me if I knew it was running.

how long do you let ur car warm up in the morning during the cold winter months???

i usually let it go for 10-15 mins...

when i had a garage it was schweet man, just start it up and go... but now about thirty seconds to a minute then go... or until the car comes down form the high idle, modern cars dont need to idle, and idling isnt good for the car nor the environment... and it warms up faster that way...

the question is...how may times have you gone out to start your car, go back inside, get sidetracked, and walk out to find your car has been running for half an hour?

i lost count

I used to do that atleast twice a week. So I am not allowed to warm up my car anymore. But its not like I drive far to work anyway.

when i had a garage it was schweet man, just start it up and go... but now about thirty seconds to a minute then go... or until the car comes down form the high idle, modern cars dont need to idle, and idling isnt good for the car nor the environment... and it warms up faster that way...

yea i know..but i hate how it runs when its ice cold...and if the windshield is iced over i want it to run till its all gone and i dont have to scrape it...

i had this piece of shit jalopy for a hot minute a while back, and it was a '92 dodge spirit "the skany man" we used to call it, and you could pull the key out of the ignition while it was running so in the winter id wake up and turn that bad boy on, lock the door shower, and get in to a warm ass car with no frost or snow on the windshield...

i lost count

I can honestly say I've never done that...

I don't usually warm it up too much, just 2 or 3 minutes unless I have some extra time...