Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ikon Management/staff Needs To Go

i think luz has no clue. lol......................

ikon is huge & needs a bunch of different promoters that do different things to work in that space. the club itself gotta say is way nice................ i loved it. but there were alot of things that i could have done with out.

the door staff is one of them :( live n learn.................. you know where im going next weekend? the 4 year anniversary of stereo in montreal.

that shoudl be a hot party :)

& Gonzo rocks! & if you were going out in the 90's you would have known that.

4 years? The first time I went to Stereo was after they had been open for a few weeks and that was back in 98... so I think they've been around for 6 years. Or I could be mistaken!?

That being said, Stereo is a great club and much better than anything NY has to offer.

Check out Aria too if you get a chance... I think its better.

And if you like Stereo, a better bet is to check out Boa in Toronto. There's not a club in North America that can match that vibe at the moment, and the sound quality is Stereo-esque.

-Peter

I too was there fri night and i wore a hat but they did not seem to bother be about that,, but i must say the bartenders were fucking ass hole's no one was at the bar and it took me like 10 min to get a beer...>>>I dont know if any of you seen this guy but he was thin and tall 6,3 and had glasses and a black over coat.. he also had to work there because i saw him behind the bar at one pont...this guy was winking and trying to talk to me...really freaky .

Between you and mario 909 you created like 12 threads about this Gonzo freak and I think you got 1 per each thread to show up. Great job promoting.

you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink... the beats we're there and they were damn good... 12 peeps or 1,000 - just a shame so many missed out :(

They should just turn it into a tourist trap Hip Hop Comercial House Club... Bring in Funk Master Flex and the KTU djs... Its more fun downtown anyway... :pint:

the sad thing is, they've allready done that.

from pictures i've seen, it looked like it filled up.

but that was when it was black. or maybe Exit2

I gotta say I've never had a problem at the door of Exit/Earth/IKON. I just went for Danny Tenaglia, we walked right up thru the VIP line, gave our names, got our bracelets and were in the club in less than 5 minutes. When I used to go for Junior Vasquez parties, it was much of the same...walk right in, no door drama.

The only complaints I've ever had of the club was the search...it was a little much, but at the same time that is their job. They are rude though and make you feel very umcomfortable like you've already done something wrong.

Also, they have the worst, unfriendliest bartenders of any club I've ever been to. They've all got attitudes and are slow and shit. Theres always a long wait for a drink and then they do get toy uo, they're all pissy. Boo to that.

Those are my only complaints. I've never been left in the cold or rain, had shady door people complaining about what I'm wearing...etc...I'm sure it happens though, just never to me.

I gotta say I've never had a problem at the door of Exit/Earth/IKON. I just went for Danny Tenaglia, we walked right up thru the VIP line, gave our names, got our bracelets and were in the club in less than 5 minutes. When I used to go for Junior Vasquez parties, it was much of the same...walk right in, no door drama.

The only complaints I've ever had of the club was the search...it was a little much, but at the same time that is their job. They are rude though and make you feel very umcomfortable like you've already done something wrong.

Also, they have the worst, unfriendliest bartenders of any club I've ever been to. They've all got attitudes and are slow and shit. Theres always a long wait for a drink and then they do get toy uo, they're all pissy. Boo to that.

Those are my only complaints. I've never been left in the cold or rain, had shady door people complaining about what I'm wearing...etc...I'm sure it happens though, just never to me.

Yeah, I've never been left out in the cold for any reason. I really don't mind the search since I'd rather they search people and keep out the guns, knives, etc. I've been to places where there was no search and it kinda freaked me out to be honest. You never know who's packing what...that's how shit gets real messy, fast......

I really don't mind the search since I'd rather they search people and keep out the guns, knives, etc.

that's the problem... if these types of people are their audience isn't something wrong? if you bring a knife, and it get's takin', that person still is dangerous without the weapon anyway... it's the mentality of the people that's dangerous...

i prefer to go out where i know the crowd won't get searched by prision security because i know they did a great job at the door filtering out all the riff-raff and hoodlums who cause trouble before they get inside...

punish them by not letting them in, don't punish me for getting in...

jimmy--

PvD for NYE will have no issues whatsoever or as few as there can be (obviously it's near impossible to say with thousands of people not one of them is going to have something to complain about, but it's being worked on)...planning for this party has been going on nonstop for a long time now and things will run as smoothly as humanly possible.

My sentimentsd towards Ikon are this: the venue is massive and I have seen first hand that it CAN HAVE A VIBE to it..yes, repeat and rinse out. There were at least three events were I witnessed the true beauty of NYC nitelife..one, carter/farina; two, pullen and saunderson and three, greg vickers..

people from all sorts of life coming together and dancing to one groove..now that's beauty, and yes..a vibe was there, but with a space that big it aint easy..ill tell ya that much.

Ikon has been making many renovations to the space as well, and for many that say the sound in there sucks, i have to disagree...again i will state, danny tengalia played there and he, to his credit, only plays on good systems.

NYE with PvD is going to be a very special event and one which will hopefully provide some excellent long lasting memories...

dj

i think david is right on this one.. the best by far the best party i went to this year was Carter/Farina beautiful vibe man i was in heaven that night (and i dont mean because of the use of drugs lol) just the music and the people that came out that night i remember it like it was last night.