Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT is starting a new resedency at Spirit.

mscrew

no alochol is the way to go, and I WILL CONTINUE what i did at 6 HUBERT STREET meaning that if i see you doin drugs im telling the bouncers to get you outta there. Danny doesnt like his crowd being on drugs unlike a certain sat night dj who happily does them himself adn gets tyhem from his crowd. And if you knew your history all greatest parties NEVER SERVED ALCOHOL.

You go boy, I also tell on people. :finger2: If people were discreet why tell but to blanlty stand on the dance floor and do bumps like no one is there is just :nono: Shit I even seen people light up :bong: There was a time when that was OK, before Twilo closed I remember smoking blunts and doing cap full of bumps at Vinyl. But since then DT as taking a zero drug tolerance. TO blantley break the rules was just stupid. It is very easy to be discreet . I am NO angel, but I know how to be discreet. :aright:

There are many who go overboard with their drug use, and those people should be tossed out, because they are their own worst enemy in the end. The bottom line is that it's up to each individual to be responsible for themselves and whomever there with and to make sure that if they do anything to be in control of there actions no matter the night or club you check out.

Exactly people should watch out for each other. There were plenty times I stopped to help someone who looked like they were out of it, by giving them gum or water or just to sit with them. Where are their friends? Even at my worst I always had people watch out for me and vice versa

People will do there share of drugs no matter where you go. They will always try to get away with it no matter what.....Telling on every single person that does something is absurd, because you won't be able to enjoy your night that evening......What it all boils down to is that its shouldn't be about drugs or alcohol, it should be about the music and the people who share in the passion for the music.

i COMPLETELY agree. its the club scene...drugs are there no matter WAT. n not ONE person can stop it alone n by themselves....never have, never will. as positive or negative ur view on it, drugs are automatically associated with the club scene, no doubt about it. doesn't mean u urself necessarily do them, but they're there. thats an automatic. i wouldn't go telling on neone, but just make sure ur friends are taken care of no matter wat. as long as everyone is ok, i'm happy.

AMEN!!!! im glad im not the only that thinks siverbull has a holier than thou complex.. whoever said he was a house music missionary is right on point... gabe i think you're a cool guy but you definitely have this whole "my shit is better than yours bc ive been in the scene for longer than most people" well guess what... if my brother at a young age got me into house music i would've been the same... i would've been going to clubs since i was 15 too...

but... i had a mind of my own and i stumbled into edm on my own and i liked it... i started buying more mixtapes and eventually i started going to raves, which progressed into clubs... i got into the shit on my own... it wasnt engrained in me... am i better than you?? nah..

and also if i found out that some kid told on me back in the day bc i was doing a bump of yayos to keep the night going and keep my energy leve up and i got introuble... no joke, i would've knocked the kid out... or atleast tried.. if you have a problem with someone's drug use.. confront them... dont run to a bouncer.. thats fucking high school... actually thats even worse than high school... it's like pre-kindegarten.. also if you confront them then maybe they will stop.. if you run to the bouncer and they get kicked out, then the cops are gonna be called and the kid is gonna get arrested... thus negatively impacting the club..

also you always dress in black... fine that's your thing... i have no problem with it... why make fun of kids that spike their hair and wear ax shirts... they're doing their thing nothing more, nothign less..?? i really dont get it...

ok you party sober and dont do drugs or drink.. good for you... do you want a medal for it or something?? thats your thing not everyone else's..

no alochol is the way to go, and I WILL CONTINUE what i did at 6 HUBERT STREET meaning that if i see you doin drugs im telling the bouncers to get you outta there. Danny doesnt like his crowd being on drugs unlike a certain sat night dj who happily does them himself adn gets tyhem from his crowd. And if you knew your history all greatest parties NEVER SERVED ALCOHOL.

Silverbull, I've never met you but I've had mad respect for you and your love of house music. I don't know how long you've been in the scene, but the whole "Danny doesn't like his crowd being on drugs" is a new thing, back in the day Danny at the very least had absolutely no problem with it (I've heard stories going way beyond "having no problem with drugs" at twilo, tunnel), but won't go into it here. I for one do not do any drugs, but I still like to have some drinks, and as much as I loved vinyl, my one pet peeve was that I couldn't even get a drink there. As for the comment "Danny doesn't like his crowd being on drugs unlike a certain sat night dj" - clearly shows that you weren't around in DT's twilo/tunnel days.

Let me just say DT and Drugs at Arc/Vinyl is simple subject. Danny did not want his party shut down. Look at Twilo, The Tunnel, Limelight, SF and even Arc/Vinyl at a time. DT, Silverbull, myself and many others LOVE that party and did not want to see it closed down. You (no one particular) don't walk around the city smoking week out in the open because you don't want to get arrested or drink deer at your job because you don't want to get fired, or do a bump in front of your mom because you have respect for her. And if you do then you are care full and discreet and that is what was asked of you at Arc/Vinyl. Clubs don't sell liquor after 4am because it is illegal and they don't want to be busted so why would anyone do drugs out in the open like if it was legal? I don't know about anyone else but I love the music and I love the scene and the city is looking for any reason to stop the night life all together or make it end at 1am. So if you feel the way I feel about the scene I ask you to just have some respect for it :nopity:

Peace

Manny Freytes

:)

PS If you would like to read about how Limelight fell apart get this book by Frank Owen called Clubland

:biggrin:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah :nopity:

Peace

Manny Freytes

PS If you would like to read about how Limelight fell apart get this book by Frank Owen called Clubland

So anyway... when are you spinning in ny again???????

I cant wait dude!

Let me just say DT and Drugs at Arc/Vinyl is simple subject. Danny did not want his party shut down. Look at Twilo, The Tunnel, Limelight, SF and even Arc/Vinyl at a time. DT, Silverbull, myself and many others LOVE that party and did not want to see it closed down. You (no one particular) don't walk around the city smoking week out in the open because you don't want to get arrested or drink deer at your job because you don't want to get fired, or do a bump in front of your mom because you have respect for her. And if you do then you are care full and discreet and that is what was asked of you at Arc/Vinyl. Clubs don't sell liquor after 4am because it is illegal and they don't want to be busted so why would anyone do drugs out in the open like if it was legal? I don't know about anyone else but I love the music and I love the scene and the city is looking for any reason to stop the night life all together or make it end at 1am. So if you feel the way I feel about the scene I ask you to just have some respect for it :nopity:

Peace

Manny Freytes

Or, you could've just been around when Limellight closed.

I have no problem with DT wanting to save vinyl - I would've done the same thing. What I do have a problem with is all these people new to the scene saying DT stands against the drugs when there is clear evidence that this wasn't the case in the past. I'm glad DT has taken the stance he has now, but you newcomers don't know the way it used to be, that's all I'm trying to say. I would love to see a drug-free club scene (as would a lot of us), but that just simply isn't the case. I would never go telling on someone, but if silverbull wants to, that's his prerogative. Personally I don't agree with it.

All I would like to do is be able to drink a beer while listening to DT, I don't think that's too much to ask. Apparently some of you do.

perfect words manny. And im not the one saying im "HOLIER"or whatever some of ya say or think. IN this life no matter what I or YOU do doesnt make a difference cause we all the same, its something that if you knew me you would know thats hw i live my life. All im trying to do is show that if I can party sober and enjoy the music why cant others? DRUGS are a huge reason clubs have closed down so why not protect it as little as i could.If your so dumb to do your drugs in front of the world and then ask everyone around you for more than your ass deserves to be thrown out.

Remember all i wanna do is dance and feel the music, i dont wanna deal with a drunktard or druggie harrasing me or my friends stumbiling all over the place while we are trying to have a good time like at crobar last week. And im friends with alot of people who do drugs and im very vocal to them about my dissapointment in thier choices. And everyone on this board should know RIGHT from WRONG by know at this age in your life.

one more thing i dont get is people who go to parties TO SPECIFICALLY GET DRUNK AND F'ED UP ON DRUGS. Thats where im most pissed when it comes to the parties. While yes drugs have always been around in the scene since the begining, theirs a difference in the danger of some of the drugs now as oppose to then. And if theirs no drugs and no liqour thens there less of a chance of a person losing his/her senses at the party and really truly enjoying the MUSIC in a sober mind.

lol.....yeah I agree with Gab for the most part. However I really think it's just a matter of people learning to control their habits without ruining the party.......cause if that was the case he would have never said what he did. Hence why g*y parties are great..............b/c the people are MATURE!!!! By the way good seein ya at Sin Sin for a brief second :)

lol.....yeah I agree with Gab for the most part. However I really think it's just a matter of people learning to control their habits without ruining the party.......cause if that was the case he would have never said what he did. Hence why g*y parties are great..............b/c the people are MATURE!!!! By the way good seein ya at Sin Sin for a brief second :)

All im trying to do is show that if I can party sober and enjoy the music why cant others? DRUGS are a huge reason clubs have closed down so why not protect it as little as i could.If your so dumb to do your drugs in front of the world and then ask everyone around you for more than your ass deserves to be thrown out.

i know where you are coming from.. i know you love the music and i know you love going out and living life... nothing wrong with that.. but just because you dont do drugs or dont drink doesnt mean everyone else shouldn't.. it's kind of similar to girls and confidence.. you know how you have these girls with big ass titties.. putting down girls who get implants... well it's easy to put down girls getting implants when you have giant titties... and it'and it's also easy to say "just enjoy what god gave you" yeah it's easy to say then when you lucked out.. just like it's easy for you to criticize people who do drugs or drink to keep their energy level bc you have a ton of energy.. i work 40-60 hours a week... i go to school part time at a college 40 minutes away and i like to go to the gym 3-4 times a week... i average 6 hours of sleep a night.. i have ZERO energy come the weekend.. so if i wanna drink a beer what's wrong with that??

why g*y parties are great..............b/c the people are MATURE!!!!

r u kidding me? Crystal Meth addiction is at epedemic proportions right now in the gay community and there is a lot of rampant drug use at parties like Roxy and Alegria events. Also GHB fallouts...

I'm not saying gay parties are bad, but you are fooling yourself if you think the clientele is behaved at all.

r u kidding me? Crystal Meth addiction is at epedemic proportions right now in the gay community and there is a lot of rampant drug use at parties like Roxy and Alegria events. Also GHB fallouts...

I'm not saying gay parties are bad, but you are fooling yourself if you think the clientele is behaved at all.

lol... i was thinking the same thing... for the record i think gays party a lot harder than other people..

perfect words manny. And im not the one saying im "HOLIER"or whatever some of ya say or think. IN this life no matter what I or YOU do doesnt make a difference cause we all the same, its something that if you knew me you would know thats hw i live my life. All im trying to do is show that if I can party sober and enjoy the music why cant others? DRUGS are a huge reason clubs have closed down so why not protect it as little as i could. If your so dumb to do your drugs in front of the world and then ask everyone around you for more than your ass deserves to be thrown out.

Remember all i wanna do is dance and feel the music, i dont wanna deal with a drunktard or druggie harrasing me or my friends stumbiling all over the place while we are trying to have a good time like at crobar last week. And im friends with alot of people who do drugs and im very vocal to them about my dissapointment in thier choices. And everyone on this board should know RIGHT from WRONG by know at this age in your life.

Gabe, only in a perfect world would the entire club scene be drug free. Asking for clubs to be alcohol and drug free is asking a little too much. The Roman Empire wasn't built overnight either. What I'm trying to say here is that it's going to take time before we see dramatic changes in the club scene. I too would like to go out and be part of a sober free club environment, but I live in something called reality and it's just not going to happen right away.

The problem is that for some people the music is not good enough. They need to consume a ton of alcohol and drugs to have a good time. It's there right to use drugs and alcohol, but they should know how to limit and control themselves. Drugs are rampant everywhere, but alcohol is part of club revenue. So there is nothing you can do if people act incoherent from time to time because of it. I too get frustrated when I go out and see people either too drunk or messed up to move get in my way of dancing. Am I going to tell on them though? No, because I'm not going to solve anything by doing that because there will be others who get away w/ it anyways. My question is why are there so many irresponsible people who go out solo, get too messed up to even walk and then don't have anyone to take care of them the rest of the night? Making the rest of the people who are enjoying themeselves responsible for them. Is it that hard to call someone to go out w/ beforehand? It seems like I always see people like this whenever I go out.

The bottom line is whenever you go out you should be responsible for how you act and how the people you bring with act. You can't always help every other person out, because if you do people will never learn from their mistakes or irresponsible ways. Some people have to learn the hard way unfortunately. At this point in time knowing how to party responsibly is knowing your limits as well being in control of yourself. Unfortunately many still don't know how to do either.

Gabe, only in a perfect world would the entire club scene be drug free. Asking for clubs to be alcohol and drug free is asking a little too much. The Roman Empire wasn't built overnight either. What I'm trying to say here is that it's going to take time before we see dramatic changes in the club scene. I too would like to go out and be part of a sober free club environment, but I live in something called reality and it's just not going to happen right away.

The problem is that for some people the music is not good enough. They need to consume a ton of alcohol and drugs to have a good time. It's there right to use drugs and alcohol, but they should know how to limit and control themselves. Drugs are rampant everywhere, but alcohol is part of club revenue. So there is nothing you can do if people act incoherent from time to time because of it. I too get frustrated when I go out and see people either too drunk or messed up to move get in my way of dancing. Am I going to tell on them though? No, because I'm not going to solve anything by doing that because there will be others who get away w/ it anyways. My question is why are there so many irresponsible people who go out solo, get too messed up to even walk and then don't have anyone to take care of them the rest of the night? Making the rest of the people who are enjoying themeselves responsible for them. Is it that hard to call someone to go out w/ beforehand? It seems like I always see people like this whenever I go out.

The bottom line is whenever you go out you should be responsible for how you act and how the people you bring with act. You can't always help every other person out, because if you do people will never learn from their mistakes or irresponsible ways. Some people have to learn the hard way unfortunately. At this point in time knowing how to party responsibly is knowing your limits as well being in control of yourself. Unfortunately many still don't know how to do either.

true... but people new to the clubbing scene or just going out in general don't know their limits yet... they, like all of us, find out the hard way... it's like a rite of passage almost.. we did it and new people do it to... it's just the way things are... everyone is going to find out their limits the hard way and then learn from it..

true... but people new to the clubbing scene or just going out in general don't know their limits yet... they, like all of us, find out the hard way... it's like a rite of passage almost.. we did it and new people do it to... it's just the way things are... everyone is going to find out their limits the hard way and then learn from it..

Agreed. I don't think it's the best way to learn, but for some it's the only way to learn. Just part of the hard knocks of life I guess?

Or, you could've just been around when Limellight closed.

I have no problem with DT wanting to save vinyl - I would've done the same thing. What I do have a problem with is all these people new to the scene saying DT stands against the drugs when there is clear evidence that this wasn't the case in the past. I'm glad DT has taken the stance he has now, but you newcomers don't know the way it used to be, that's all I'm trying to say. I would love to see a drug-free club scene (as would a lot of us), but that just simply isn't the case. I would never go telling on someone, but if silverbull wants to, that's his prerogative. Personally I don't agree with it.

All I would like to do is be able to drink a beer while listening to DT, I don't think that's too much to ask. Apparently some of you do.

I never said any thing about drinking. AND I recommend the book because not every was around at that time.

And just for the record I have been going to clubs for over 10 years I am not a new jack

Peace :)

dan i hear where your coming from and by all means drink a beer or 2. Im not saying dont drink ever at all. Im saying that which you already stated about people knowing their limits. My problem is just drunken messes a drugged out people.So if there is no liquor presense to begin with then their won be anyhting to worry about. And the reason alcohol is a revenue is cause the owners of CLUBS want money, plain andsimple. Paradise Garage was open for 10 yrs and NEVER served alcohol, cause the owners were music driven first. Hopefully one day there will be a perfect club like that once again.

look i know this is my first post here, and i dont want to come across as a dick or hater, but i had to vent about this topic. my man silverbull needs to chill out just a lil bit. silverbull you seem to love the music, dancing and the scene above all. i respect the fact that you choose to be sober at every party, but WHO CARES if you choose to be sober. some people choose to do drugs and drink, that's their perrogative. who the hell do you think you are? you were saying you would run and tell a bouncer if you caught someone doing drugs, damn you're a herb. Y dont you stop being a hater and SHUT THE FUCK UP and DANCE. hope to see you on the dancefloor soon buddy! and i hope you can hold it down tough guy.

the hate is comin from your words dude. And what is this junior high school with the name calling? Im just trying to protect an enviroment where i like to have fun and have a love for. Which is why 6hubert street didnt close down cause of drugs unlike other clubs in the past. All i do is dance when im out there until somebody stops me and ask if i have anything. After a while it gets to me after yrs of goin out and hearing it time and time again i do get irritated. And why do you think i have my pic on my avatar, its so everyone could know what i look like cause i dont hide behind a screename like other people who use 1 or many names on here to talk trash about people.