Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin van Buuren @ Spirit, Fri 12/10

The reason they picked spirit is because they are getting a new sound system and he will be the first dj to play on their new sound system. All marketing hype...Armin is pretty good but so predictable and *a lot* of hands in the air, I'm your new god type songs. I'll probably still go assuming I have nothing else better going on.

i quoted the wrong shit my bad, this is what i meant to quote

haha

dude... chill out... when people say worshipping that means coming to see him spin when he's in town, going on road trips to see him spin in a different city, downloading his new mixes online.. not actually going home and worshipping the picture of AVB above your bed, or trying to collect a lock of his hair...

and for the record when people throw their hands in the air it's not to applaud the dj... it's to applaud the track... and when a dj throws his own hand in the air it's doesnt mean "hey everybody worship me" it means he's feeling the track, he's feeling the vibe in the room, the energy, it means he's anticipating how the track is just gonna explode and people are gonna shit their pants bc the track is so hot...

if anybody does worship him or any other dj like that... then they definitely have issues.. it is only music..

dude .. dont worry .. i am chill .. i am only addressing people who think of DJs or celeberities in a very above-human way ... i was not referring to AVB specifically ...

for those people i said relax ppl .. those celeberities are no GOD ..

if people love music and into it .. and throw their hands in the air or watever .. thats cool ...

but believe me .. some younger kids .. think too much of their celeberities as if they are GODs .. and it is the celeberity's responsibility to be humble and always try to improve his/her skills .. and to remember that fans are the ones that make him/her famous ..

just to give u an example .. Mariah Carey used to call her fans .. "goats that follow me" !!!!! .. that is the kina celeberity i am talking about

peace

the MASK

Dj vibe Deff blew a speaker a couple weeks ago late night, they controlled it early, but that was an issue, i've been goin out alot lately, and it seems like crobar holds some nice events int he last year for good dj's, spirit does not hold the best crowd, but it is a nice set up for a club

Crobar has been doing great ... i think spirit brings good DJs too .. i am not just a fan of spirit's owner (too greedy about money) and some of its fans .. but that is only me ...

IMO, avb is the best dj in the world right now. Missed him at crobar cuz I had to work, missed him in ibiza cuz carl cox was the same night (and everyone said we had to see cox there, and I'd seen avb everytime he came to nyc before that). I won't miss this one. People may wave hands in the air and look at him like a god, but if you've ever seen one of his interviews he's one of the most down to earth djs there is.

Can't wait for this :bounce:

Armin is definately not the best dj in the world right now, not even the most popular his people just do a good job of marketing him. As for being nice and down to earth, its an interview what do you think he's going to do tell them he hates people???

He really is nice and down to earth though.. I was chatting with him in DC.. you people don't know what you are talking about if you think he's a snot or he thinks he's God because that's totally not the case.. Here's a photo of us.. you weren't allowed cameras in Fur, but I had my camera phone and grabbed him at the end.. Yay.. I don't think he's God, but I am a little crazy about him!

...I don't think anyone was saying he thinks he's God or he's snobby... the guy is so cute and goofy lookin... :laugh:

The point is that people were DJ worshipping like crazy when he was at Crobar. But then again, there is a fine line between DJ worshipping and cheering him & his tunes on! :rock: And don't get me wrong, I'll clap, scream, and :bounce: when I'm really feelin the music too (like at Sander last weekend...hehe...) It just looks insane when the entire club is doin it... :laugh: Whatever, enjoy...

(Jennifer...you gotta tell me about Fur sometime...I miss the GLOW parties!! ackhhhh...)

...I don't think anyone was saying he thinks he's God or he's snobby... the guy is so cute and goofy lookin... :laugh:

The point is that people were DJ worshipping like crazy when he was at Crobar. But then again, there is a fine line between DJ worshipping and cheering him & his tunes on! :rock: And don't get me wrong, I'll clap, scream, and :bounce: when I'm really feelin the music too (like at Sander last weekend...hehe...) It just looks insane when the entire club is doin it... :laugh: Whatever, enjoy...

(Jennifer...you gotta tell me about Fur sometime...I miss the GLOW parties!! ackhhhh...)

when the whole club does it it means the track is bangin.... usually a sign of good track selection... if the track isnt good and the crowd does it... i dunno... lol.. i dont even have a comment.. i guess if that happens people are just morons

mask.. i know what you are saying.. i just didnt think that those types of people existed in edm... if they do.. it's kinda scary..

and avb seems like a cool guy... pvd def doesn't.. pvd seems like a rockstar.. i saw him at virgin records 2 years back and i just wasnt gettign a good vibe from him.. he also looks like a paranoid schizophrenic... but his music is good so i will go see him..

when the whole club does it it means the track is bangin.... usually a sign of good track selection... if the track isnt good and the crowd does it... i dunno... lol.. i dont even have a comment.. i guess if that happens people are just morons

mask.. i know what you are saying.. i just didnt think that those types of people existed in edm... if they do.. it's kinda scary..

and avb seems like a cool guy... pvd def doesn't.. pvd seems like a rockstar.. i saw him at virgin records 2 years back and i just wasnt gettign a good vibe from him.. he also looks like a paranoid schizophrenic... but his music is good so i will go see him..

Exactly....although PvD isn't a rockstar, just been doing it a lot longer than Armin so its more job than a fun past time for him. But overall I like PvD's music better...plus he's just a way better dj technically than Armin

(I foresee a PvD vs Armin thread jack coming)

Why argue who is a better DJ or what type of EDM is better???

If you like AvB and the music he spins – buy the tix and go enjoy the night.

If you don’t like him – go see somebody else, there are plenty of parties around NYC.

Another option; you can always stay home and watch TV.

He really is nice and down to earth though.. I was chatting with him in DC.. you people don't know what you are talking about if you think he's a snot or he thinks he's God because that's totally not the case.. Here's a photo of us.. you weren't allowed cameras in Fur, but I had my camera phone and grabbed him at the end.. Yay.. I don't think he's God, but I am a little crazy about him!

This is to back up Jennifera's point. AVB is really down to earth. When he played Roxy and chilled out at Virgin Mega Store in times square during the day, he was supposed to sign autographs in the store. For some dumb reason, they didnt let him, and instead of leaving, he went outside the store, stood in front of what used to be CODEBAR, and signed autographs for about 20 mins. He didnt leave until he took all the pictures and signed all the autographs people wanted. He was THE COOLEST DJ I've ever met and grant it, he's the most famous DJ Ive ever met as well, but for his popularity, he was humble as a mother fker. I asked him a couple questions and he was more than happy to chit chat with me.

AVB IS THE MAN!

Yo Jen, you have room in your car for one more head to go down to DC to see him at FUR, I got you on the gas! All my friends are bumbs and dont want to go.

I agree that if someone considers a DJ to be a God...than something is definitely wrong with him/her....However, what's wrong with getting super excited about a DJ that knows how to take you the that "next level".

If you think a DJ is just someone who spins music, then you probably don't understand the whole concept of going to a party in order to release some stream, and disconnect. A really good DJ will know what to spin, when to spin it, and will eventually be able to put the crowd in a "State of Trance"...that's my definition of Armin...I have seen him countless times in different places around the world..and he never disappointed me...

I saw plenty of DJs who are supposed to be good, but were never able to do what Armin does....That's what separates the average DJ from a talented DJ who can read the crowd and select his music based on feedback from the crowd....

Armin Is The Man!

If I'm not too tired from the night before I am deff. driving down.. the more the merrier!

This is to back up Jennifera's point. AVB is really down to earth. When he played Roxy and chilled out at Virgin Mega Store in times square during the day, he was supposed to sign autographs in the store. For some dumb reason, they didnt let him, and instead of leaving, he went outside the store, stood in front of what used to be CODEBAR, and signed autographs for about 20 mins. He didnt leave until he took all the pictures and signed all the autographs people wanted. He was THE COOLEST DJ I've ever met and grant it, he's the most famous DJ Ive ever met as well, but for his popularity, he was humble as a mother fker. I asked him a couple questions and he was more than happy to chit chat with me.

AVB IS THE MAN!

Yo Jen, you have room in your car for one more head to go down to DC to see him at FUR, I got you on the gas! All my friends are bumbs and dont want to go.

If I'm not too tired from the night before I am deff. driving down.. the more the merrier!

Shit, I'll drive. I've done the ride to DC plenty of times, it's kinda become like a drive around the block for me. The only thing is I got a civic, so you know there's only so many people than can be thrown up in there. I'm dead serious tho, let me know. An Armin weekend would be fkn insane!!!!!

:pint:

GOT MY TICKETS>>>>>CANT FKN WAIT!

By the way, go to Satellite Records to buy them. They're only $32 over there. If you buy online, they are $30, but they're going to charge you an insane fee which will make the ticket almost $40 bucks.

just lookin out for all my trance / van buuren fans ...CHEERS :beer: