Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BasketBrawl (Crazy Shit)

HAZE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahahahhahhhah no i didnt...oh man that musta been great. the beeeeeeeest angle is the side view of when Jermaine O'neal slips on the water while punchin the guy with the Pistons jersey in the face...all u can say watching it is "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH"

y is it that is the only punch u see in slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww motion...its like a Rocky movie slowmo punch scene...

My defense for coming onto the floor, "your honor, the big basketball players were going into the satnds and beating people up. I came onto the floor because I was in the third row and thought it might have been safer. The stadium security never advised me on where to go if a fight broke out."

Easy win. Sorry, multimillion dollar basketball players should not be throwing punches at anyone. Just because the fan was in on the floor doesn't give the players right to beat the shit out of them.

As for the players that went into the stands - I think they should be suspended - Indefinitely. It's complete nonsense and total lack of discipline, fighting a player on another team is one thing, but hitting a fan. BB players know that fans are going to talk shit and they should know better than going into the stands.

Trust me - I am usually against million dollar lawsuits for shit like this, but fucking basketball players get paid too much as it is and feel that they have the power to do anything they wish. Ithink now a huge lawsuit should show them differently

i dont blame ron or the pacers @ all. they stuck up for each other...and ron kept his cool for as long as he could. the dude who got punched in the face on camera ...who came onto the court...has noooooooooooooo type of lawsuit...he cant sue anyone...thats like trying to sue a circus cause ur dumb ass went into a tigers cage and got mauled...

if the NBA weren't such a pussy ass organization...it would press charges against as many fans as possible..and stick up for their players.

This is true

I worked for Proskauer Rose, the law firm that represents the nba, and i can tell you that there will be lawsuits left and right. The big sticker is the fans. They were unrelenting in their attacks (throwing drinks, chairs, etc..) so you can't really blame the players (although the moment a player goes in the stands, they will dole out suspensions).

They were looking out for themselves and each other. Those fans were disgraceful, and in my opinion, more at fault than the players :no:

although Artest jumped in the stands first, he threw the least punches (i thought)...he more or less just pinned the fan to the ground...

Did you see that guy in the white hat and throwback detroit uniform wailing at Artests' head? They're DEFINITELY gonna get that guy

Oh, and security at basketball games from now on will be tighter than ever

yoo they interviewed the guy who got rocked by artest and jermaine oneal...ahahahaha he doesnt even speak about gettin duffed out by jermaine ahahahahahha...he got his so hard he forgot

yes he did...he didnt know what hit him...also why would he admit on live tv he got rocked in the face and doesnt even remember his own name...lol...

I was actually watching last night when this happened... saw the whole thing go down. Shit was insane! I sat there with my mouth opened for like ten minutes watching it... and then the the espn recap right after was classic... they blamed the entire thing on the Pistons fans... "Punks!"

haha

From www.nba.com:

NEW YORK, Nov. 21 -- The following suspensions were announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern, resulting from the events during the Indiana Pacers at Detroit Pistons game on Nov. 19.

Pacers forward Ron Artest has been suspended for the remainder of the season.

Indiana guard Stephen Jackson has been suspended for 30 games.

Pacers forward Jermaine O’Neal has been suspended for 25 games.

Indiana guard Anthony Johnson has been suspended for five games.

Detroit forward/center Ben Wallace has been suspended for six games.

Pistons forwards Elden Campbell and Derrick Coleman and guard Chauncey Billups have each been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

Indiana guard Reggie Miller has been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

In announcing today’s actions Commissioner David Stern issued the following statement:

“The penalties issued today deal only with one aspect of this incident – that of player misconduct. The actions of the players involved wildly exceeded the professionalism and self-control that should fairly be expected from NBA players. We must affirm that the NBA will strive to exemplify the best that can be offered by professional sports, and not allow our sport to be debased by what seem to be declining expectations for behavior of fans and athletes alike.

“There are other issues that the NBA must urgently focus on at this time. First, we must redefine the bounds of acceptable conduct for fans attending our games and resolve to permanently exclude those who overstep those bounds. Participants in and around the court must be assured complete protection from unacceptable fan behavior. Second, we must re-examine the adequacy of our current security procedures in Detroit and our other 28 arenas. The actions at Friday’s game, though unprecedented, must now be factored into all efforts to guarantee the well-being of our fans. Third, we must develop and implement new NBA rules to assure that the unavoidable confrontations likely to occur in the heat of competition are not allowed to escalate to the level we witnessed on Friday even prior to the egregious behavior by individuals in the stands.â€

i dont blame ron or the pacers @ all. they stuck up for each other...and ron kept his cool for as long as he could. the dude who got punched in the face on camera ...who came onto the court...has noooooooooooooo type of lawsuit...he cant sue anyone...thats like trying to sue a circus cause ur dumb ass went into a tigers cage and got mauled...

if the NBA weren't such a pussy ass organization...it would press charges against as many fans as possible..and stick up for their players.

..soo true

They caught the guy who threw the beer at Artest.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/3938054/detail.html

3937972.jpg

he was also the one punching ron in the back of the head from behind..when initially it looked like he was tryin to break up the fight. i hope they press charges against his dumb ass. ruin his life like they did to that guy who threw snowballs @ the Jets game

...the biggest thing that sticks out in my mind about all this is that if the nba does not pursue criminal charges against the players involved this type of problem is only going to magnify...you can not just take money and games away from these guys while the fans will go to jail.....it only perpetuates the rockstar status these athletes maintain.....they are seemingly above the law and will come back next year to make millions.....if i threw a cup of soda at serge and we went at it until he beat me to a pulp and the cops showed up - we'd both get hauled downtown.......how is this all going to appear to kids playing ball in the streets - that hey, even if i do react to some stupid shit, the worse that can happen is i get suspended and fined.....come on now......jail time, therapy, social work, etc......all elements that should be applied to the offenders.....and that's not even scratching the surface on the issues this mele helped expose......blah.....