Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got my new NEXTEL I860

elementx

is the sim card from the old i90 compatible with the newer phones?

i want a new phone but i dont want to lock in for another 2 years with nextel.

You dont have to lock in for another 2 years... The phone will be more expensive. But you dont have to lock in. All you have to do is when you buy the phone. Call Nextel and have them transfer your account onto the new sim card and you are good to go.

The i90 will work in the higher models but certain features on the newer phones wont work. Like the phone book etc... etc... What ever features the higher model has that the lower model does have the old card will work. What ever the newer features are... They will not work...

The i530, i730, i 830, and i 860 are all mostly compatible.

is the sim card from the old i90 compatible with the newer phones?

i want a new phone but i dont want to lock in for another 2 years with nextel.

I have the i90 too and my cousin told me that you have to upgrade your sim card for the newer phones. He's kinda dumb so I dont know if thats true or not. :)

I have the i90 too and my cousin told me that you have to upgrade your sim card for the newer phones. He's kinda dumb so I dont know if thats true or not. :)

thats what i tihnk too.. which sucks bc i what i wanted to do was buy a new phone off ebay and just switch my sim card from old to new. that is what i did when i bought my i90, i paid comprable to what the promotional retail was and i didnt have to renew a contract nor pay for transfer fee! i dont think i will be able to get around that if i switch up to i730 or newer.