Clubplanet Nightlife Community

after going to crobar weds and last night i ask you WHY BOTHER WITH SPIRT?

im not gonna disagree about the crowd at spirit, it's not the best. i always go there for the music and i've never had a drugged out kid ruin my time despite the fact that there's a lot of drugs being done there. but hey, there's a lot of drugs being done in other clubs too, and if you think tina and k are only done at spirit that's a pretty foolish assumption.

anyway, i go there cause i like the music, and there's no denying that jp is a talented dj. im not gonna go proclaiming that he's the best dj in the world, but he has his own unique style and every once in a while i always get a craving to go back there and hear him spin.

Jp is a good dj ,but you know who's better dj? Dj Scot Project. Overdose records rules. :rock:

it's so funny though how opinions quickly change. i always thought boris was pretty good, but before he started playing crobar it was like a bash boris hour on clubplanet...boris = boring, blah blah blah. now that the crobar party is taking off apparently (i've still yet to see him there) everyone changing their tune and boris is the man.

I heard a couple of boris sets on the radio and his shit doesn't sound all of that,I think jp is better then boris

I heard a couple of boris sets on the radio and his shit doesn't sound all of that,I think jp is better then boris

well you should really check boris out at crobar though, i just saw him for TGE and he was real good! he starts out a little slow but turns it up playing those hard dark beats. so he made a fan out of me. but jp has a different stlye then boris. been a jp fan for years and i cant wait to see him for NYE!!!!!!!!!!

Ill be honest.. Everyone on here knows i was the biggest sf jp fan.. Im facing the facts.. Look i love good beats and jp as the next person. But spirits crowd is BUSTED UGLY MOTHER FUCKERS. Crobar got the hot crowd and the hot girls. the nicer venue the better sound system and boris plays the shit that i pray for jp to play all night.. I was going to spirit and black for the past year and they dont even touch crobar. Being honest. I wish i dident have to eat my words,. and i wish that spirit is a sick fierce club

BUT IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP LYING TO YOURSELF

I

IS

OVER!

obviously ur not as big of an "sf jp" fan as u claim to be....sure ur opinion can change and its great to go check out other dj's but to not go see him when ur such a "huge fun" just because u think the girls r ugly is a terrible excuse....as for saying it's over thats just an ignorant statement in my opinion..... ..its only a matter of change...people are too quick to knock things when they change...just because its not what your used to doesnt mean it sucks

Ok well I just typed this whole thing and it got erased :rolleyes: So heres a breif. I have been to spirit many times. I go for the music. Crobar def has a totally different feel to it. Its a club. A nyc club at the moment. All good things come to an end, so enjoy it now. I have met girls at spirit that were there because there friends were there ther wise they'd be at Crobar and they were nice and pretty. Spirit has a little bit of somthing going on in there though. I love to dance and Jp can be really good at times and I become happy that I decided to go there, but the people at spirit are a little bit... I dunno what the word is.... edgy? no... drama more like it. But i still go to dance...lol Tonight i will goto Crobar because its my friends bday and they all wanna go there, but im still thinking about spirit. :)

dont get me wrong spirit doesnt have one of the greatest crowds but it could be worse......they are pretty strict with id...and face it theres gonna be underage kids @ everyclub...i think people tend to 4get that they were young once too...im sure when i was 16 @ SF there was a bunch of 23 year olds complaining about me being there....as long as they can handle themselves i personally dont care cuz face it theres plenty of older people @ clubs who cant handle their drugs/alcohol and make complete jackasses out of themselves

dont get me wrong spirit doesnt have one of the greatest crowds but it could be worse......they are pretty strict with id...and face it theres gonna be underage kids @ everyclub...i think people tend to 4get that they were young once too...im sure when i was 16 @ SF there was a bunch of 23 year olds complaining about me being there....as long as they can handle themselves i personally dont care cuz face it theres plenty of older people @ clubs who cant handle their drugs/alcohol and make complete jackasses out of themselves

Yeah thats true I cant say anything about age. when I was 14 my friends were going to tunnel. Just wish people would be more mature about things. thast all :love::pint::bounce::bowdown::hat:

it's funny how one day people can be on one dj's nuts and then put that dj down and jump onto another dj's nuts bc the party is "better"... so lame... i can totally see the same people going to some club where some fat guy playing the accordian is the main show and continuously going bc that's the new hot spot...

i personally am not a big fan of either dj.. but boris was terrible on tge... atleast when i go to see jp he has his moments.. i dont like to get dressed up to go out to clubs... i hate wearing shoes and i hate doing my hair... so spirit is nice bc im allowed to "be myself" and wear whatever the fuck i want and be allowed in... so unless a special dj is spinning at crobar chances are im going to spirit..

Ok well I just typed this whole thing and it got erased :rolleyes: So heres a breif. I have been to spirit many times. I go for the music. Crobar def has a totally different feel to it. Its a club. A nyc club at the moment. All good things come to an end, so enjoy it now. I have met girls at spirit that were there because there friends were there ther wise they'd be at Crobar and they were nice and pretty. Spirit has a little bit of somthing going on in there though. I love to dance and Jp can be really good at times and I become happy that I decided to go there, but the people at spirit are a little bit... I dunno what the word is.... edgy? no... drama more like it. But i still go to dance...lol Tonight i will goto Crobar because its my friends bday and they all wanna go there, but im still thinking about spirit. :)

Each club has it's moments. Some people prefer the quality of djs that Crobar brings in week after week over JP at Spirit and vice versa. Some prefer Crobar's crowd over Spirit's crowd and vice versa. I guess it all comes down to where you have the best times or most pleasureable experiences at? If you enjoy your surroundings why bother going elsewhere right? There's drama everywhere you go in the city, why would it be any different in clubs there? You just got to leave those drama queens alone or move away from them that's all. If no one gives them attention how will they start drama? I agree w/ Oldtimer in that Spirit does allow you to be yourself more and it's good to not always have to dress up everytime you go out. I too like JP, but I will check out Crobar soon to see if it could change my views on it. In the end this is like a popularity contest w/ no real winners here... just people w/ a lot of passion for these parties.

Monichinadoll nice sig ;) ... Octopussy brings back a lot of memories!

some peeps on this board get on me for what i wear and yet im never dressed up nor get rejected at any door. HMMMMMMM.

If I ever get to work @door for either (cielo, crobar, avalon or even spirit)

your fucking bastard piece of .99 cents shit black outfit from 1986 will not not even you 3 miles radiums from my Club.

Get some fucking real clothes your 3'8" salvadorean MIDGET.

If I ever get to work @door for either (cielo, crobar, avalon or even spirit)

Its good to have goals in life

your fucking bastard piece of .99 cents shit black outfit from 1986 will not not even you 3 miles radiums from my Club.

Get some fucking real clothes your 3'8" salvadorean MIDGET.

So rude, why can't people wear what they want? If that's what he's comfortable in and the door people don't give him a hard time then who are you to say what he should or shouldn't wear out? You're probably only 4'2" anyway

spirit is nice bc im allowed to "be myself" and wear whatever the fuck i want and be allowed in... so unless a special dj is spinning at crobar chances are im going to spirit..

exactly..... when i wanna get cracked out and i dont look so good i would go to spirit....

this is why everyone says that crackheads chill in spirit and dont say this about ohter clubs.... even though in other clubs like Crobar ppl are also fuked up... but at least they look decent