Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny t/Stephan/Cue REVIEW at Amika

colione98

Well first off, let me introduce my self. I go by the name of the original kid colione. I have been flundering around cp for a few but never indulged in post whoring due to my location overseas. Now, I am back in the US. Originally from NYC, I made the move to South Florida for personal and business reasons.

So, without furdue a due... Shall the review begin

0105 (am)-i walked in the place to be (Amika) acompanied by the world famous JR. Aka Johnny Ramirez aka wonder man. He had complimentary passes so I could not refuse. As we entered the room, we encountered a one leveled squared room filled to the T with south beach clubbers. The vibe was outstanding and the wave of patrons moving to the track called "La Noche" the remix was remarkable. The ladies were rather impressively dressed and the gents were fashionably acceptable. I think this may be the new house party for SoBe Sundays.

Anyways, we made our way through the crowd which for some reason refused to budge in their so fine attire. We finally made it to the back area and stage ourselves between the dj booth and the male/female lavatory. You would think it was a bad idea but in actually, that was the only place in the entire club to allow full body movement.

0116-At this time, the dj spinning was none other than Cue. Tweaking the eq's as can be, dropping the base then flaring it to allow a sudden impact of bass through the speakers which created a few heart attacks:)

I bought a few drinks from a rather friendly bartender to start off. I had a shot of barcadi chased by a bacardi coke. In all cost me $18. I don't know about that, son. As I sipped my beverage, I could not help but notice the amount of good looking women that grazed my back with their hands while passing by. It was as though they were in search of an armored vest. Maybe its the hair cut that gave it away.....

After Cue's set which ended shortly after our arrival, stephan took over. Well, to be honest, he put down an electric housy vibe which I was not feeling at all. Reason being is that it sounded as if he was playing the same bass line over and over and over again. Not to mention, there was not much motivation in him either.

As Stephan continued to ignite the floor, danny T stood in the rear with his mates as though he was waiting anxiously. He chatted with his mates and mingled through the back corners. To be honest, he seemed as though he was in search of recognition. He stepped into the booth skimming through his cd bags then stepped off. I suppose he was looking for some type of introduction. But, believe me, I think only maybe 35% new of his existence.

Anyway, he followed stephan with a techy, tribal sound. His mixing was on point but short. He was mixing in 8 beat sections. Roughly about 30-45 seconds. You could actually hear the next track coming in heavy rather than a smooth eq fade or a slamm blend to create an equal effect.

He kept the vibe for the most part with the same bass lines for 2-3 tracks than would give a hint of sexy tribal at the 4th. All much of big room sounds and layers. No soul what so ever. Overall, the tracks played were mostly fillers to my ears. I do not recall hearing any out cries or heavy fist pumping.

It's funny cause I saw cue as a nervous wreck whilst in the booth as danny played. He seemed as though he wanted to get back behind the controlling devices and due his part. He stomped his feet, scratched his kneck. It came to the point where I aske him "Cue, I bet you can't wait to get back on them things and kill it" He replied only with a wink then carried on.

Over all, good party. Definately a place to be if you are into house music on Sunday nights. I am not sure of the cover price but it's def worth a late monday wake up......

By the way, as I exited that fine establishment, I was complimented with a promo cd mixed my cue and stephan to promote Amika Sundays.

Until the next review, it's the colione signing off

I wasn't there but I want to say the following...

First off, DT needs his 9 hours (or more) to build a set that inspires. Amika sounds way too trendy and posh for a DT set. Hopefully, if he gets a residency in Miami, it will be on a friday or saturday and hopefully he'll insist on "no dress code, no nonsense." That's if he's trying to maintain that 'Be Yourself' vibe (which I hope he will bring to Miami).

That said, I'm still mad that I didn't stay an extra night to see him. It's been too long! :D

DT played one great track while I was there, an unreleased bootleg of "keep on pushin" (not sure of the exact name of the original) but it is the bomb! unfortunately it was too good for the crowd and they mostly stopped dancing while it was on, while I who was not dancing before went nuts for that track until he went back into more filler, at which point I realized I was in the wrong place... but there was definitely a wild party going on up in there no doubt about that, I could see that the boyz haven't lost any momentum from Nerve, though the sound system isn't nearly as good, that EAW installation is not appropriate for dance music in the first place, I think the main room at Crobar would be good for this party

DT played one great track while I was there, an unreleased bootleg of "keep on pushin" (not sure of the exact name of the original) but it is the bomb!

would that be Keep on Pushin by Musique an old disco classic its goes Keep on Pushin, let your body fly, keep on pushin, tll you see the sun in the sky......

WOW....this blew bling's review out of the water!!!! :pint:

Just for the record and giving respect where respect is due. I am in no shape of form trying to out due or out shine Bling (play on words:)) He is in deed imo the forefront operator of reviews.

I am but merely contributing to the boards and offering a bit of good readings as well as entertainment. Cheers :party:

Colione gave a nice picture of what the night was like.... I unfortunately got there at 2:00 AM because we missed our flight coming back from Paris! We might as well seal the vaction with some danny T at Amika right?

Because we got there late, our admission was reduced, thanks to the gracious BIZ, so we l paid $10 cover... Can't complain at all!

Place was bumping from the minute we went inside to till we left... I actually liked stephan luke's set... The best ive ever heard from him... His sets at Crobar usually go nowhere =( His tracks were stocked with dirty basslines and various effects.

As Danny came on, he gave himself a decent intro... I would have to agree with colione that a small amount of the crowd knew that danny T was spinning! His set would go very tribal w/drums, and then slow down with some vocals and dreamy tunes... Overall the set was best ive seen from DT probably because of it's duration. It seems the past two times ive seen him it was during the braindead part of his marathon... He had no time to build up his whole set so it was just thumping the whole way through!!!

All in all, it was a great way to come back home to the reality of the United States, and get some good old miami house music back in the blood!!!!!!!! This was a great night to hit up sundance for the first time!!! :bounce: