Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon, Crobar, or Spirit???

this is why i miss centro fly......

carl cox was the bomb when he was there just over a year ago.

centro also brought in digweed and oakenfeld. the last big party at centro was fatboy slim.

those were the good 'old days. long live centro fly. they thought big and brought in some great talent.

Ken

Spirit, the old Twilo, on Sat's DJ jonathan Peters, sucks, look like a crack house. On Fri's depends on the DJ, for ex: 12/10 Armin van buuren is gonna be good.

Avalon, dance floor too small, last time I was there for Ferry corsten 2 months ago it was like a sauna downstairs, too many chinese, nothing wrong with them, the problem is the majority is ugly, not well dressed, and some look like 60 years old, i saw one holding the speakers and shaking the head i tought he was gonna break his neck on purpose, i was thinking "damn what did he take?" I'll try not go back to avalon.

Crobar, there is always a fear of not getting in no matter how well you dress, i guess the trick is to get there early with shoes and collar shirt, how can you dance like that?? Crobar is nice and big, it's worth it if a good dj come here.

undefinedundefinedI'ts ALL about 2 things when you go out---

THE MUSIC

and

THE VIBE

If you're missing those things you're night's gonna suck neway....

So in conclusion overall me and my crew from down under in Jersey say Crobar- but no one cares what we think neway.... we're jersey :pint::bowdown::bounce:

undefinedundefinedI'ts ALL about 2 things when you go out---

THE MUSIC

and

THE VIBE

If you're missing those things you're night's gonna suck neway....

So in conclusion overall me and my crew from down under in Jersey say Crobar- but no one cares what we think neway.... we're jersey :pint::bowdown::bounce:

jersey, i hear a hot new club is opening in hoboken.

Ken

nmn, i see youve seen the light .

it's always been all about the music with me....yo, my fucking leg finally feels 100% for the 1st time in about 5 years. I'm so fucking psyched to just go out and dance my ass off this entire weekend but I'm not sure where I should go this friday. I want to make sure it will be jumping with a great crowd who have nothing but love for the music and the dj. Where will you be at? You always know what's up....maybe we can get down on the dance floor finally. Let me know kid!

the system at crobar sucks and isn't that good? are you guys on drugs or have a hearing impediment? of course if you're sitting in the vip you're gonna be behind the speakers, but on the main floor that system is as good as any. it def blows away both the avalon (my car system is better than avalon) and spirit.

the system at crobar sucks and isn't that good? are you guys on drugs or have a hearing impediment? of course if you're sitting in the vip you're gonna be behind the speakers, but on the main floor that system is as good as any. it def blows away both the avalon (my car system is better than avalon) and spirit.

on drugs

yo NMN if your feeling good thats great to hear. I know how those injuries affect a person, i still wear and ankle brace on my right ankle and 2 knee braces on my knees to walk and verything else. This weekend i will be at sullivan room on friday for hector romero,and sat at cielo for tedd patterson. Im also goin to cielo tonite well maybe like 60 percent and tomorrow big party as well that i will defintely be at.

lol, this is exactly what I was thinking...I'm no speaker expert myself but the sound in Spirit is terrible...Crobar's is by far the best of any of the big clubs in NY...which makes sense b/c Crobar is the nicest venue by a long shot