Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paris Hilton Nightclub in Orlando...

philippio

This format will do really well in a city that grew up on FL breaks and that still has that rave mentality of 1995. :D

Oh Please enough with your Orlando Bashing!!! Like Miami didn't grow up with a Freestyle mentailty and FL Breaks and Electro, yes come into your "Planet Soul"

Orlando has spawned a wide variety of Djs from Jimmy Van M, Kimball Collins, AK 1200, Q Burns Abstract Message etc.. The whole Fl Breaks argument applies to one city only which is Tampa FL.

WHat makes you think Orlando has a rave mentatlity of 1995? The scene in Orlando for Dance music is Very small and has been for several years with Quality tiny nights devoted to All generes of dance music.

So there!

From My close friend in the entertainment business in Orlando:

The Paris nightclub's musical format will be strictly Hip Hop and R & B with the odd 80's track and rock tune thrown in. Supposedly Nicole's ex-boyfriend or current boyfriend, DJ AM from L.A. will be the weekend resident.

no dance music.

wtf? :doh:

:vomit3: <------ your friend.

Let me pick up where Phillipo left off. For O-town, that lame ass format should work well. After seeing that, I predict big things for a terrible club in a bad music town.

Paris Hilton sucks on a lot of different things. The music format of Club Paris sucks. The fact that Nicole Richie's ex/currnet b/f is resident sucks.

Otown is the boy band capital of the world.

The fact that Nicole Richie's ex/currnet b/f is resident sucks.

i agree with you on everything but dj AM is the shit. if you have not heard him he is actually one of the coolest dj's out right now. he mixes hip hop with 80's and rock but done in a way that i have never heard anyone else do before. he fucking rocks and the celebs always request for him to dj.

1995 was a GREAT time to be in orlando, actually... too bad it doesn't have half the scene it did then... good call on some good names to come out of otown though, tiny... out of curiosity though, what is this "fl breaks argument" exactly?

Oh Please enough with your Orlando Bashing!!! Like Miami didn't grow up with a Freestyle mentailty and FL Breaks and Electro, yes come into your "Planet Soul"

Orlando has spawned a wide variety of Djs from Jimmy Van M, Kimball Collins, AK 1200, Q Burns Abstract Message etc.. The whole Fl Breaks argument applies to one city only which is Tampa FL.

WHat makes you think Orlando has a rave mentatlity of 1995? The scene in Orlando for Dance music is Very small and has been for several years with Quality tiny nights devoted to All generes of dance music.

So there!

Most people who like to go out are always chasing after the parties with flyers that list 30+ dj's in one night. I'm not saying there aren't some good parties. Soulpatch and Kismet have hosted some talent (ECB, Lisa Shaw, Marques Wyatt, Kaskade, Heather) which has brought lots of househeads from out of the woodworks. But nearly all the dj's you mentioned rarely play in Orlando anymore. To top it off, the local based talent gets very little recognition compared to the fanfare of Ferry Corsten or Kleinenberg or any of them when they spin at Icon on wednesdays. Even that is only once in a while.

As djkable mentioned, Orlando's scene isn't nearly what it used to be. And I don't think a club like Paris Hilton will make things better (I'm pretty skeptical about it's own success). :D