Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Q about police searches

NOT IN USE

if you are pulled over in a designated drug zone

what additional privledges do the police have in regards to searches?

i think being in a known drug area would give them probable cause to search you and your car, but no extra privileges. if there isn't sufficient suspicion, they'll think of some way to phrase it so it seems there was probable cause. make sure you always decline the search request though... unless you're brown, then be careful. but, it's your 4th amendment right.

i think being in a known drug area would give them probable cause to search you and your car, but no extra privileges. if there isn't sufficient suspicion, they'll think of some way to phrase it so it seems there was probable cause. make sure you always decline the search request though... unless you're brown, then be careful. but, it's your 4th amendment right.

like if i get pulled over..

can they immediatly do a trunk, etc. search..even if they see nothing (cause im white in a black area)..

or if a person comes up to my car...

no they cannot immediately search your trunk (actual trunk not hatchback or the like) w/o cause or suspicion. which would be something like, hearing someone pounding on the trunk from inside it or if they physically see you possibly commit a crime involving your trunk, then they can search it.

basically, if you keep your trunk locked and keep the key to the lock away from the vehicle (at home) and they don't find anything in the search of the interior of your vehicle, they have no cause to search the trunk.

keep in mind if they want to, they can find any reson to search the interior of your vehicle without a warrant. you have a stronger right (expectation) of privacy in your home, so perhaps it would be best to do whatever at home and not in the car. :)

p.s. i'm not an attorney. so, do some research. know your rights.