Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saab sales Plummet

Associated Press

GM: Saab Sales Tumble in November

12.01.2004, 03:40 PM

General Motors Corp. said Wednesday that sales of its Saab brand fell 29.1 percent in November as sales of its 9-3 model dropped sharply.

Saab sold 2,452 vehicles in November, down from 3,600 a year ago, as 9-3 sales declined 37.6 percent to 1,549 cars. Sales of the 9-5 also dropped sharply, falling 37 percent to 613 vehicles sold. The recently introduced 9-2X all-wheel drive sold 290 vehicles.

GM shares were up 12 cents, or less than 1 percent, at $38.71 in afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/ap/2004/12/01/ap1685747.html

I thought that 10,000 annual sales for the 9-2X was realistic. I guess not.

It's a dying brand......is that a shocker? What is the 9-2x, I've never even heard of the thing let alone see one?

Its a Saab based on the Impreza.

It looks cool, but i was not impressed by it (i test drove one). It isnt quite a Subaru, isnt quite a Saab. Its not very luxurious (which it should be, considering the competition) and the ignition is NOT in the center console.

blasphemy!!!! :cuss:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36001&stc=1

Its because of that damned ignition key placement. You know what a pain in the ass it is to park 147 cars with the key in the steering column then get into a saab and find it...missing?!

Die Saab.

there is a point to that. Saab found that lots of knee injuries in car crashes are caused by the knees slamming into the keys.

here is an example from the IIHS

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/html/00016.htm

Associated Press

GM: Saab Sales Tumble in November

12.01.2004, 03:40 PM

General Motors Corp. said Wednesday that sales of its Saab brand fell 29.1 percent in November as sales of its 9-3 model dropped sharply.

Saab sold 2,452 vehicles in November, down from 3,600 a year ago, as 9-3 sales declined 37.6 percent to 1,549 cars. Sales of the 9-5 also dropped sharply, falling 37 percent to 613 vehicles sold. The recently introduced 9-2X all-wheel drive sold 290 vehicles.

GM shares were up 12 cents, or less than 1 percent, at $38.71 in afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/ap/2004/12/01/ap1685747.html

I thought that 10,000 annual sales for the 9-2X was realistic. I guess not.

it was inevitable since u bought one..

no one wants to be like you

i used to have a saab and it was completely unreliable. it was old and stuff but still, the head gasket blew and i got stuck, spent SO much money to fix it and it broke OVER and OVER again. i will NEVER consider buying another saab. i know it is more the fault of the mechanic than the car but it definitely turned me off to saabs :laugh:

...got into a new saab 9-3 last month...i got out of my lease from gmac 6 months early...got great incentives on my car and absolutely love it.....the car looks and performs great....i wouldve liked a better sound system but cant complain....i'll boost that on my own......theyre going to implement xm, bluetooth, and gps eventually but those items should already be in place at this point imo.....either way, for me its an upgrade and i can not say enough good things about this car, the dealer and the service department....i will say a little prayer and check back in a few months to let you know if i maintain this level of elation......lol

...got into a new saab 9-3 last month...i got out of my lease from gmac 6 months early...got great incentives on my car and absolutely love it.....the car looks and performs great....i wouldve liked a better sound system but cant complain....i'll boost that on my own......theyre going to implement xm, bluetooth, and gps eventually but those items should already be in place at this point imo.....either way, for me its an upgrade and i can not say enough good things about this car, the dealer and the service department....i will say a little prayer and check back in a few months to let you know if i maintain this level of elation......lol

the first month of mine was trouble free....then the transmission started leaking :laugh:

good luck!

...i could only afford the linear at this point, lol.....my dad's a retired gm employee so i got into a lease at $325/month with just $1000 down....lease is 15k/year as well.....my best friend has the same car but in a different color for almost a year now and her shit is glitch free as well.....did you have the 210 v6?....this is the 2.0 turbo.....i have an automatic with the sentronic and the 16" rims w/ pirelli tires.....i do a lot of driving so this car suites me fine......nice smooth ride and decent gas mileage for the long rides......and enough balls when i need it for passing, hills, etc......

...i could only afford the linear at this point, lol.....my dad's a retired gm employee so i got into a lease at $325/month with just $1000 down....lease is 15k/year as well.....my best friend has the same car but in a different color for almost a year now and her shit is glitch free as well.....did you have the 210 v6?....this is the 2.0 turbo.....i have an automatic with the sentronic and the 16" rims w/ pirelli tires.....i do a lot of driving so this car suites me fine......nice smooth ride and decent gas mileage for the long rides......and enough balls when i need it for passing, hills, etc......

thats high

i was paying $369 a month with $2500 down for mine. i had the 16 inch wheels, but more importantly i had the harmann kardon sound system :drool: :drool: :drool:. it had more stuff in it than the E-class my parents just got.

i had the 185hp turbo 4 (ugh). I looked into the V6, but the insurance was too high (although it had only 210 hp, it was a turbocharged v6)

it seems that with saabs either you have tons of problems or nothing at all. its hit or miss really.

...well hopefully i've got a hit, lol......the payment isnt that bad...i was paying $291 for my last car that was a new monte carlo....and i put $3500 down on the car between $1750 out of my pocket and $1750 on incentives....for me, paying only $34 more a month for this car and having the service included is a solid move for me.....325 includes tax and 15k.....i compared on other cars and i would have had to put a lot more down to keep my lease in the low 300s.....something i rather not do right now......the sound system is the only thing i'm going to tweak on this car....there are these little cutouts for the secondary pair of rear speakers that simply pop out......gonna throw in something to make the sound beefier and perhaps an mp3 player or satellite.....we'll see.....

...well hopefully i've got a hit, lol......the payment isnt that bad...i was paying $291 for my last car that was a new monte carlo....and i put $3500 down on the car between $1750 out of my pocket and $1750 on incentives....for me, paying only $34 more a month for this car and having the service included is a solid move for me.....325 includes tax and 15k.....i compared on other cars and i would have had to put a lot more down to keep my lease in the low 300s.....something i rather not do right now......the sound system is the only thing i'm going to tweak on this car....there are these little cutouts for the secondary pair of rear speakers that simply pop out......gonna throw in something to make the sound beefier and perhaps an mp3 player or satellite.....we'll see.....

That lease sounds about right.....and being a GM employee you should've gotten a good deal, it's a standard plan that they have to do. I think it's called the "x" plan or something like that.

i paid nothing down on my car. the dealership picked up the down payment and i pay under 300 a month with taxes included.

....what kind of car?.......what's the sticker value?.......what were the incentives?....apples need to be compared to apples.....i dont think i'll ever post on this board again....no one on here could simply just say, good luck with the car....lmao.....it's either "wait till this breaks" or "you might have paid too much"....lol....

....what kind of car?.......what's the sticker value?.......what were the incentives?....apples need to be compared to apples.....i dont think i'll ever post on this board again....no one on here could simply just say, good luck with the car....lmao.....it's either "wait till this breaks" or "you might have paid too much"....lol....

no it sounds like you got a good deal on a nice car. i just had bad luck with my old piece of shit saab so i am anti-saabs. you would understand if you knew what that thing put me through. if i had a honda with as many miles as that thing had on it, it would be pretty close to dead too i am sure.

anywy, i got the car i got because i didnt have money to put down. i have an acura rsx-s. no incentives really, service isnt included but they only need service every 5k miles.