Clubplanet Nightlife Community

liquid todd giving props to the undergound

xxboxx

solid state definitly made me happy the other night.

I caught a few minutes of the show, and i thought it was amazing how L-T gave props to alot of the underground talent. They were talking about alot of underground djs that dont get props simply because of the fact they are underground. Its like all the commercial djs..even guys from ktu like "johnny budz"(u know, the type of guys that premix shit on the computer...very obviously)get so much credit with minimal skills ..just because of corporate idiots pushing thier names. On solid state..they gave props to DJ reset...skoof..and alot of other djs that have been in the game but keep it "real"(so to speak) it was kool hearing a known name in the industry give props to the ones on the DL..Usually when producers/djs get a name..they end up looking down on everyone and not giving anyone props but themselves....it was a nice change. Solid state always has some great tunes and they seem pretty true to the industry. I heard the show was coming to its end..but hopefully thats not true..sat night radio on krock..def rips apart the ktu and z100 "mixes". did anyone else catch that show?...btw best songgg =

"WE CAN MAKE SANDWICHESSSSSSSS"

PS- also- they played a remix of the manson song "personal jesus", anyone know who that was by? i had my head out the window singing along on the grand central ..hehe

i heard a little of it. Whenever im heading out and i'm in the car on a saturday night, i usually put it on. Kick ass show.

N-yeah, giving props to others even after you "made it" is defintily a humble and awesome thing.

I never heard Likwid todd spin though- does he play the same style of music you hear on solid state?

Guest kcktu

funny,

LT has a great mix show he a is a mad cool guy but take a listen to my mixshow on ktu fri night dance factory (KC s' Velvet Lounge) from 4am to 6am ( not programed on pc live 100% w wax pushes and pops and all ) true underground house in the vibe of body & soul / shelter / no underground djs' on ktu do some home work

K-

edit: taking back my post. Not worth arguing-i got fired up too quickly. If you have a great show..and you play great music..awesome and i wish u the best. :) the whole scene in nyc is getting to me lately..everyone is a "dj", everyone thinks they are the shit and they know everything. I dont feel the love that i feel everywhere else in the world..--where its all about music..and unity. I feel like in NY its all about "im better than you". and i keep getting that vibe wherever i go. Its something that annoys me, but i shouldnt care. I guess i take the music and the industry a little too seriously.

Guest kcktu

all good, just wanted to add my 2 centz... i have no attitude at all......

I found a post about djs' on ktu and wanted to say something about it...

But (PATHETIC) thanks' a lot for hating... my show is not about hate it all.. lits' for the love of / music / people / vibe / soul / life .........

all the best...

K-

listen girlwnoregrets, the only parties that you will find LOVE MUSIC UNITY are at the 718 sessions, SHELTER, ROOTS, UNDERGROUND NETWORK and once in a while at other parties and club on given nights. Listen i go out 4 o 5 nights of the week and see and feel ONLY LOVE at those parties. Thnk about it. pm when your ready.

liquid todd commenting on underground. this is news. who cares. did anybody see him open for paul o? i did, dont get it. place was falling asleep. hes on krock. oh boy! that matters? remember the underground is just that. it belongs to itself and the folks who enjoy it. it hasnt been poisioned yet. lets keep it that way. also i have heard some of the djs that post here and most of them are much better then todd will ever be. keep the underground new, fresh and alive. :hat: