Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Randy Johnson to Yankees deal almost done....

kaysersoze

The Yankees seem to have found a way to acquire Randy Johnson with just about nothing in their farm system. Its got to be good to have lots of cash. The slow death of baseball saga continues......

its kind of mindboggling that they "traded" Javier Vasquez and 2 minor leaguers.... WHAT MINOR LEAGUERS ????????? who doubts the Yanks threw a load of cash somebodys' way to make this happen ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spragga...did u hear...willie has agreed to come to the ballpark 10 hours early each home game and actually make the new hot dog buns instead of getting the discarded wonder bread from behind the local shoprite....talk about saving money...next season u will be able to afford hojo...

jeter is on the downside, scheffs bat has to slow without the cream, williams was done 2 years ago, mattingly is still involved with the club, rivera has been way too healthy the past couple years he is due for a season ending injury, there are no dominicans or cubans on the team and by my calculations no team has won the series without atleast one dominican or cuban on it.

i can go on

jeter is on the downside, scheffs bat has to slow without the cream, williams was done 2 years ago, mattingly is still involved with the club, rivera has been way too healthy the past couple years he is due for a season ending injury, there are no dominicans or cubans on the team and by my calculations no team has won the series without atleast one dominican or cuban on it.

i can go on

for the sec time tonite u had me laughing out loud...

spragga...did u hear...willie has agreed to come to the ballpark 10 hours early each home game and actually make the new hot dog buns instead of getting the discarded wonder bread from behind the local shoprite....talk about saving money...next season u will be able to afford hojo...

gotta makeup for all that Pedro money ya know ;)

supposedly three way with dodgers sending shawn green to Az and javy going to LA

this is bound to be the biggest off-season trade bust ever...shawn green has a no-trade clause... we will see if he decides to leave the confines of L.A to move to the hostile desert environ...

for some reason, it looks like there's a lot of players who havent ordained this trade !!! it could backfire after its all said and done.!!

i really see no reason why this trade can't happen other than green not wanting to leave LA. that said if the trade goes through if the yankees can get someone decent for middle relief they will truly be impressive. i am still not convinced that paying 20mill a year for beltran is a good invesment. contract year, good season & playoffs, but we all know playing w/ the yankees is a whole other ballgame than playing for the astros and royals.

red sox would really need another top-notch quality starter to match up with the yankees.

JTK --El duque will be back for a nother yr im hoping he is a cubano

And Jeter is on the downside?!?!?!? please elaborate... take away april and first week of May he had his best season ever including defensively

THe dodgerrs are up to something big , losing beltre and willing to trade green , they have no bats now ..look for them to open up the bannk for Beltran or a delgado