Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Randy Johnson to Yankees deal almost done....

kaysersoze

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what giving up your only prospects and vasquez (who had a bad half a year.) to get a 41 year old lefty that wants an extension. This helps in the short term but hurts in the long term. If one guy gets hurt you will have no way of getting help at the trading deadline.

what giving up your only prospects and vasquez (who had a bad half a year.) to get a 41 year old lefty that wants an extension. This helps in the short term but hurts in the long term. If one guy gets hurt you will have no way of getting help at the trading deadline.

Exactly. :blown:

If they win the WS then it's worth it. Otherwise they're fucked. I don't think I would do this deal. Hell, it took Clemens 1.5 seasons to pitch well here and I think Javi deserves the benefit of the doubt... They made some nice strides in getting the rotation a little younger this year. Getting RJ would negate that...

When are you people going to learn that as long as Georgie is the owner the Yanks will always be about 'this year.' 'Long term' isn't in their vocab. RJ is coming off a season in which he finished second in the CY Young voting for a very, very bad Arizona team. He's the best pitcher in baseball right now. There's no reason to believe he can't pitch another two great years.

btw, 'prospects?' Who? Navarro and Duncan? haha take 'em. Navarro regressed last year from triple A to double A. And Duncan is an oerrated 'top prospect'

Did we even give up any cash in this deal? The Dodgers got the worst of this deal. Vasquez and Duncan for RJ? Tell me of one GM who wouldn't make that deal.

any gm that has to worry about money. When georgie did not interfere bernie, jeter, rivera, and a shit load of others came up through what was one of the best systems in the game, now its like babe ruth. Now if one of your guys gets hurt or sucks you have no one to trade at the deadline to get anyone. Not to mention with a payroll of about 220 million + the luxery tax the final payroll bill will be like 400 million.

oh and moose is getting 19 million this year. :pint:

400 mil? Man, that sucks. Good thing we live in the biggest market in the world and we can afford it, right? Moose is getting 19 mil? I think we should give him an extra million just for the hell of it. So we can have two guys earning 20 mil a season. In fact, I think Georgie should fly a plane over the city and spray a mil or two over us just for fun.

also firstbase is a hole, matsui has to suck one of these years, posada still has no chin, and the bullpen could use another arm.

haha you act like we need an All Star at every fucking position. I know were the King Of All Teams but even we can't have an All Star at every position. Although, we are pretty close to it.

First base will be plugged probably by someone like Tino or Olerud. CF is a question mark. Probably Bernie, because I don't think Beltran is going to happen.

johnson

moose

pavano

wright

brown

:yuck:

sweet 17 mill for a number fifth starter.

Schilling

Wells

Clement

Arroyo

Wakefield

Sweet, a 41 year old Fatty McFatshit with back problems as a number 2.

Sweet, a pitcher nobody wanted to begin with as a number 3.

Sweet, Arroyo and Wakefield, hahahhahaha

Sweet, we lost Paydro and now he's talking shit about us.

Sweet, Varitek declined arb and we may not ign him. Sweeeeeeeeet, no 'team glue'

No playoffs for you.

not for nothing..but at least reserve takin shit until the season begins..

face it..yankees choked last season..i know you are still hurt over it

I've already faced it, homey. I know they lost.

As far as talking shit....I have an idea. How about I continue to talk shit even before the season begins, and you sit back, shut the fuck up, and take notes. Deal?