Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 9 Hott Or Nott?

Lastly, I am not a typical crack head or hater. I have stated the facts in this post and my last. I am over 26 years old and if you are trying to create a base clintel near my age group, I don't see it happening. I wish you luck but me and my friends will not return as I refuse to pay $13 to get in a NJ club.....and that was the reduced rate! What was the cover without reduced admission?

Funny how like 18 of your 20 posts are hating on deko, abyss, or studio 9!!! :)

Quote:Those comments were completely false, I looked into it!!!! Parking was free and you park yourself, and there was absolutely not mandatory coat check, which by the way is FREE!!!! Your mixup with being charged diff. prices was taken care of and once again I apologize for any incovenience

Parking was not free. My friends and I arrived in two seperate cars. Both cars were charged $5. The guy that took our money used to be in charge of the valet parking at Club Sleep. Perhaps, he had his own "side business" running this past weekend. You can now question the appropriate party.

I was told by another person that met my friends and I at the club that he was stopped at the door and was told that all coats had to be checked that it was "mandatory." I will find out who told him this if I can.

As far as drinks, there is not another club in NJ, other than Deko, that charges that much. I have tried out just about every club in NJ (places such as Joey's, Soundgarden and 118) in the last few weeks and have been charged $5 or $6 for a Martini. I didn't even pay $8 at Qou in NYC.

As far as the bartending staff goes, I have never seen any of them working at any club in the last year with the exception of Joey(?) who used to work at Abyss.

Lastly, I am not a typical crack head or hater. I have stated the facts in this post and my last. I am over 26 years old and if you are trying to create a base clintel near my age group, I don't see it happening. I wish you luck but me and my friends will not return as I refuse to pay $13 to get in a NJ club.....and that was the reduced rate! What was the cover without reduced admission?

I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT THE COVER IN A JERSEY CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHo do these club owners think they are??? Ian Schrager???

I know i am a girl, and luckily SOMETIMES i get in without paying a cover. i really hate when bartenders think they are "CELEBRITIES"" no offense ricky, you actually do not bother me...but some bartenders think they are too ELITE or too COOL for any else. get real. its a job, not a career, and 90% are theives anyway. i just think new clubs should NOT charge cover so they can pack everyone in so everyone can see what the place is all about! then.........start charging...why piss people off in the beginning? i heard deko and abyss are not charging cover this weekend.....i guess they want to knock off any competition!

so i said my point...........any else agree?????????

(agin, ricky this does not apply to you!) :smile2:

I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT THE COVER IN A JERSEY CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really hate when bartenders think they are "CELEBRITIES"" no offense ricky, you actually do not bother me...but some bartenders think they are too ELITE or too COOL for any else. get real. its a job, not a career, and 90% are theives anyway.

I just have a few things to say, I know you said this doesnt apply to me, but I dont agree with some of what you said. Most of my friends are bartenders, and trust me they dont think they are celebrities, we promote ourselves in order to make more money, thats it, Although I am not one of them, there are a lot of carreer bartenders out there, who by the way make more money than you think. I am not saying that some bartenders dont steal, but 90% that is a little rediculous, there are a lot of really good bartenders with great reputations, who are honest, and who understand the more money you put in the register is the more money you make, its a percentage thing.

As for the cover as bartenders we have no control over that, so what we think really doesnt matter, but 1500 people didnt seem to mind.

your comments, opinions, and feedback are appreciated, and trust me all of the issues, gripes, and suggestions, that all of you have made have been brought to management and ownership, we all want studio 9 to be a place where everyone has a great experience!!!

I just have a few things to say, I know you said this doesnt apply to me, but I dont agree with some of what you said. Most of my friends are bartenders, and trust me they dont think they are celebrities, we promote ourselves in order to make more money, thats it, Although I am not one of them, there are a lot of carreer bartenders out there, who by the way make more money than you think. I am not saying that some bartenders dont steal, but 90% that is a little rediculous, there are a lot of really good bartenders with great reputations, who are honest, and who understand the more money you put in the register is the more money you make, its a percentage thing.

As for the cover as bartenders we have no control over that, so what we think really doesnt matter, but 1500 people didnt seem to mind.

your comments, opinions, and feedback are appreciated, and trust me all of the issues, gripes, and suggestions, that all of you have made have been brought to management and ownership, we all want studio 9 to be a place where everyone has a great experience!!!

What night will cater to an older crowd? Also Do you know what they are planning for Thursday nights? As for the cover issue, granted their are some high covers in NJ and if you don't like it, don't go. You can find places that charge a decent fee, or even free before a certain time. I think Free before 10:30 11, is a good thing. Give people a chance to not have to pay cover if they wish to get to the club early.

Look forward to checking out Studio 9 in the new year.

Cheerio! :beer:

What night will cater to an older crowd? Also Do you know what they are planning for Thursday nights? As for the cover issue, granted their are some high covers in NJ and if you don't like it, don't go. You can find places that charge a decent fee, or even free before a certain time. I think Free before 10:30 11, is a good thing. Give people a chance to not have to pay cover if they wish to get to the club early.

PS I know Joey from Abyss, does he still have long hair and did he ever get married? I recall him saying he had a son??? I don't know him that well, but from being a regular at Abyss back in the day, he knew who I was.

Changes are being made, so I am not sure of the exact lineup, but here is what I do know.

fridays

dj's masi and mello

18 for ladies

21 for guys

saturdays

guest dj's

21 for ladies

23 for guys

thursdays

oldies night

not sure of the details

as soon as I get more info, I will post it.

Changes are being made, so I am not sure of the exact lineup, but here is what I do know.

fridays

dj's masi and mello

18 for ladies

21 for guys

saturdays

guest dj's

21 for ladies

23 for guys

thursdays

oldies night

not sure of the details

as soon as I get more info, I will post it.

:love:

hi ricky! can you tell me if studio will be open on other nights too? or just thurs-sat? :love:

i wish you guys had sushi in the place!!! with a HOTT sushi maker..lol just kidding!!

It will be open other nights eventually, but I dont know the formats and what nights, we are open Christmas eve and Christmas night, and the lighting system is being put in as we speak!!!!! :bounce:

by the way, do I know you?

i heard deko and abyss are not charging cover this weekend.....i guess they want to knock off any competition!

so i said my point...........any else agree?????????

ITS FUCKING CHRISTMAS THIS WEEKEND YOU MORON

DEKO ISN'T CHARGING ANYONE ON SATURDAY...THATS THEIR PROMO FOR THE NITE

ABYSS IS ONLY CHARGING MALES ON CHRISTMAS. ONCE AGAIN YOU STILL DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT. ABYSS COULD CHARGE $20 FOR ALL I KNOW ON A SATURDAY NITE AND THEY WILL STILL DRAW A CROWD. ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU OTHERWISE KNOWS JACK SHIT

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COMPETETION

YOU FUCKING KNOW NOTHING

masi and mello sound sooooooooooooooooooo familiar?? where do they usually work? its making me crazy i cant figure it out!

WOW...where do i even start?? Masi & Mello have collectively spun at EXIT (NYC), Abyss, Djais, Groovelounge, Envy(Philly), Limelight (NYC), Elements (West Virginia), Hunka Bunka, Tunnel(NYC) and Cheetah(NYC), Z lounge(NYC) and Krome. Some of which they have had residencies and others guest spots. You also might know their name from the many remixes, white labels and original prodcutions they have done!! Woooh, ok, hope that helps!!! ENVY

masi and mello sound sooooooooooooooooooo familiar?? where do they usually work? its making me crazy i cant figure it out!

WOW...where do i even start?? Masi & Mello have collectively spun at EXIT (NYC), Abyss, Djais, Groovelounge, Envy(Philly), Limelight (NYC), Elements (West Virginia), Hunka Bunka, Tunnel(NYC) and Cheetah(NYC), Z lounge(NYC) and Krome. Some of which they have had residencies and others guest spots. You also might know their name from the many remixes, white labels and original prodcutions they have done!! Woooh, ok, hope that helps!!! ENVY

ITS FUCKING CHRISTMAS THIS WEEKEND YOU MORON

DEKO ISN'T CHARGING ANYONE ON SATURDAY...THATS THEIR PROMO FOR THE NITE

ABYSS IS ONLY CHARGING MALES ON CHRISTMAS. ONCE AGAIN YOU STILL DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT. ABYSS COULD CHARGE $20 FOR ALL I KNOW ON A SATURDAY NITE AND THEY WILL STILL DRAW A CROWD. ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU OTHERWISE KNOWS JACK SHIT

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COMPETETION

YOU FUCKING KNOW NOTHING

Obviously, you THE HYPE, are giving ZEBUKIS to Kostas & Demtrious!!!

I really wish you would not curse, and take your grill, broiler, and your stainless steel diner and your feta cheese and shove it in your besino!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :)

Thanks ricky and tifferina for answering my questions! You guys are the best!

NOT LIKE THE MALAKA/ASTORIA BOY/GOAT BOY AS LISTED ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, you THE HYPE, are giving ZEBUKIS to Kostas & Demtrious!!!

I really wish you would not curse, and take your grill, broiler, and your stainless steel diner and your feta cheese and shove it in your besino!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :)

Thanks ricky and tifferina for answering my questions! You guys are the best!

NOT LIKE THE MALAKA/ASTORIA BOY/GOAT BOY AS LISTED ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was flat out pathetic....please translate......cause out of all that crap was "I have no clue....I just started going out....i dont know anyone....please be my friend".......oh yeah....."ricky remember me next time so I can get a dollar off my cosmo"

....just kidding ricky...u da man.....I will swing by soon!!!!

I was there on the 18th. I got there at 10:30 and we did have to pay for parking and at that time there WAS a mandatory coat check. Maybe that changed as the night went on, but at 10:30 there was a mandatory coat check and we did have to pay for parking. I'm not making this up so don't say I'm full of shit. The place is beautiful inside. The drinks were great and the bartenders were great as well. I've known some of the bartenders there from Hunkas and D'Jais and they are top notch! My only real complaint is the music. I thought the music sucked! I wish the music was more like Hunkas/D'Jais on their sat nights. I will definitely be back but I pray to god that the music gets better!!!

Can someone tell me for NYE about the restaurant at studio? i HAVE to eat before i drink!! can someone tell me if it is a regular menu or is there anything differnet? thanks for the info!

NEW YEARS EVE DINNER PACKAGE $69.95

CHOICE OF ONE OF FOUR ENTREE SELECTION,

FOUR COURSE DINNER, INCLUDING A GLASS

OF WINE OR CHAMPAGNE. INCLUDES FREE ADDMISSION

TO THE CLUB.