Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Whores...

philippio

So what are your thoughts on all the girls and guys that show up at clubs and spend the entire night glued up against the dj booth? The ones that are obviously drawn in by "the power of the dj"??? Do you think their efforts are mostly in vein? Personally, when I go out, I like to see hot girls surrounding the dj but not if it's the same ones all night long.

There are some people that get really annoying though, making ridiculous requests for tracks that are just plain stupid. But in general, I like the idea of a club where the dj booth isn't elevated and totally inaccessible to the crowd (even though it does promote distraction). It's a nice gesture to walk up to the dj booth and let the dj know that you like his/her set but those that linger and occupy dead space have got to go. In the end, I think most dj's are going to appreciate it more if they see people dancing than if people are trying to talk to them across the booming monitor. :D

sometimes i hang out in the dj booth...but only of we're friends and want to catch up and party in the club. i won't stay there the entire time....what's the use? although we always have a great time chatting and sometimes dancing in the booth it could get crowded when other friends, fans, or dj 'whores' come up......when that happens i leave and mingle with the rest of my friends, enjoy the music and continue dancing :bootysha::party:

So what are your thoughts on all the girls and guys that show up at clubs and spend the entire night glued up against the dj booth? The ones that are obviously drawn in by "the power of the dj"??? Do you think their efforts are mostly in vein? Personally, when I go out, I like to see hot girls surrounding the dj but not if it's the same ones all night long.

There are some people that get really annoying though, making ridiculous requests for tracks that are just plain stupid. But in general, I like the idea of a club where the dj booth isn't elevated and totally inaccessible to the crowd (even though it does promote distraction). It's a nice gesture to walk up to the dj booth and let the dj know that you like his/her set but those that linger and occupy dead space have got to go. In the end, I think most dj's are going to appreciate it more if they see people dancing than if people are trying to talk to them across the booming monitor. :D

I hate DJ whores... specially guys. They cream in their pants JUST to talk

to a DJ and kiss his/her ass.

I witnessed such thing for Bad Boy Bill last WMC:

A small mob following him around the pool at the Shelbourne - he stopped to

talk to these 2 chicks and this guy jumps in front:

"Bill, Bill...so where are you hanging later? Can I bring some friends and hangout buddy? Gimme your number! Gimme your number!!"

:rolleyes: OMG. How fuckin' pathetic.

"Bill, Bill...so where are you hanging later? Can I bring some friends and hangout buddy? Gimme your number! Gimme your number!!"

:laugh:

LOL - I witnessed such thing on Sat.! :ghey:

The only reason I would go into the dj booth would be if my hubby was playing -other than that - I prefer to stay on the dance floor! :getdown:

Yeah but that's different! You're married to the guy...you have rights! ;)

A fan is a fan..no doubt. I pay respect to proper dj's, but when some

numbnutz jumps in front of me, calls me "buddy", ask for my number

AND I have no clue who you are....

you're sure to get the "gas face".

no-way.jpg

yeah that was kaydup... what a tool.

Well, I wouldn't call myself a DJ whore, but I'm a big fan of Armin's.... And it isnt in vain.... we got to talking, and now he and i and his girlfriend and i e-mail each other once in a while... When I go to gigs, I get on his guestlist, in Ibiza he even got me VIP for the armada night at amnesia... but I'm not interested in him... I just appreciate the music and the vibe he brings, plus I think he's a really cool guy ;)

Well, I wouldn't call myself a DJ whore, but I'm a big fan of Armin's.... And it isnt in vain.... we got to talking, and now he and i and his girlfriend and i e-mail each other once in a while... When I go to gigs, I get on his guestlist, in Ibiza he even got me VIP for the armada night at amnesia... but I'm not interested in him... I just appreciate the music and the vibe he brings, plus I think he's a really cool guy ;)

& the VIP pass doesn't hurt either

People always comment on fans who dam near stalk the DJ...

But

What about the DJ being a WHORE ???

:hat:

I see way too many DJ's trying to Pimp just because they feel important when playing records.... Any ASSHOLE can DJ which is why so many DJ's are ASSHOLES :mad:

As far as people goin' nuts over a DJ:

I actually don't mind it around the club, as long as its civil..

Although I do prefer female fans... I still sign autographs for guys (most are aspiring DJs / Producers)

However, just last month (in El Salvador) these to chicks starting fighting :box: over who was gonna hang out with me.... :laugh2: So, I chose neither of them.. and I began talking to thier friend who was actually cool but shy..

My 0.2 centz

People always comment on fans who dam near stalk the DJ...

But

What about the DJ being a WHORE ???

:hat:

I see way too many DJ's trying to Pimp just because they feel important when playing records.... Any ASSHOLE can DJ which is why so many DJ's are ASSHOLES :mad:

As far as people goin' nuts over a DJ:

I actually don't mind it around the club, as long as its civil..

Although I do prefer female fans... I still sign autographs for guys (most are aspiring DJs / Producers)

However, just last month (in El Salvador) these to chicks starting fighting :box: over who was gonna hang out with me.... :laugh2: So, I chose neither of them.. and I began talking to thier friend who was actually cool but shy..

My 0.2 centz

good one......

well i go to to dj booth wherever i go at least for a bit. though for my reviews. to get track ids and stuff.

im only a huge fan of certain djs (armin being my fav) but by no means would i consider myself insane over any dj or anything like that. its all about having a good time . say hi chill for a bit in booth then leave get a drink dance. whatver.

good one......

well i go to to dj booth wherever i go at least for a bit. though for my reviews. to get track ids and stuff.

im only a huge fan of certain djs (armin being my fav) but by no means would i consider myself insane over any dj or anything like that. its all about having a good time . say hi chill for a bit in booth then leave get a drink dance. whatver.

So...tell me again how many DJ sigs you have on your bedroom walls? ;)

So...tell me again how many DJ sigs you have on your bedroom walls? ;)

a lot most of them i got at the old space. the lights guy got it for me i didnt actually get it from them directly only the past year i havent gotten any in a long time though.......

prolly because not much room left.

trust me my wall has the best djs in the world i have every dj in the top 10 dj list practically on my wall except for diggers.

Don't mind. Just don't spill your drink on the equipment and stay away from my wax.

Ohhh yeah....and spark me up !!!!

:)

Someone verify this for me but I think it was Francis Grasso (the dj who basically pioneered beatmatched mixing) who, on more than one occasion, spun to a room full of people while a girl was giving him a blowjob. :dj:love-smiley-083.gif