Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish @ Crobar, Fri 1/14

Main Room: Deep Dish

Grammy award winning DJ duo Deep Dish are two of the most well-known and respected artists/producers in electronic dance music today. Recently honored as Rolling Stone's #2 pick for the year's "Best Dance/DJ Artist", Deep Dish has been called upon to employ their innovative remix style to hits by top artists such as The Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson, Dido and Madonna. Madonna was so pleased with their remix, she invited Deep Dish to warm up the crowd for her live show at New York's Roseland Ballroom. Deep Dish continues to be a favorite of both the underground and the mainstream music scenes.

$30 Advance / $40 Door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=10805&ref=cp

groovy progressive/tribal house music is how i describe them these days.

I'm thinking about it. My clubbing days are sadly coming to an end but I may make it out for this one. I saw them at Crobar last summer and I thought they were good. I typically don't like their sets from 1-3am but usually after 3am it gets really good. They mix it up a lot. Playing some funky stuff, with some hard driving progressive, followed by a track with heavy guitars, then vocals, etc. Good stuff but because they are so mixed, you'll have spots in the night where you won't like what they are playing...afterall, you can't like it all.

If you go, have a great time! =)

I'm thinking about it. My clubbing days are sadly coming to an end but I may make it out for this one. I saw them at Crobar last summer and I thought they were good. I typically don't like their sets from 1-3am but usually after 3am it gets really good. They mix it up a lot. Playing some funky stuff, with some hard driving progressive, followed by a track with heavy guitars, then vocals, etc. Good stuff but because they are so mixed, you'll have spots in the night where you won't like what they are playing...afterall, you can't like it all.

If you go, have a great time! =)

ah ha ah ha . i see .. oh well .. hope u end up doing something good for your weekend ..

thanks dude for your nice wish .. i will try to have good time .. minus the pain .. hehe ..

peace

the MASK

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG NIGHT .. never heard Deep Dish before .. and they really delivered ..

the night started a bit slow .. but then kicked in around 1 or so .. with hard house .. oh shit .. they had me going like nuts ..

nice meeting you elevatedflow and your cousin (cant remember his name) ..

also .. shout out to my boi mscrew who kicked ass dancing as usual .. and my boi david .. who was too happy to hear deep dish ... hehe

it was a good surprise to see you nybeauthy, emjay and your friend (shoot cant remember your name either .. shoot me please :gang: ) and enjoyed dancing with all three girls in the same time .. woo hoo .. just like old times .. hehe

nice meeting lots of new people .. kurby (rhythmism), ling (that chinese hottie in the vip) .. lora and her crew .. (always pleasure to meet you girl even tho this brings some physical damage memories .. hehe) .. the two girls in the other ground vip area (wats up w dancing wearing my mask .. hehe) ... and many other guys who i dont recall their names .. who joined in circles and the love of music ..

of course always pleasure to see all of Crobar crew .. you guys are the best

peace

the MASK

was a great night. mask you can dance i will say that. my bud and i were watchin, got some great moves. first dj was much better then the second. brought the level way down for me to soon. we left around 4 from 1-3 place was great. as always crobar is the best. next friday murk, great deep vocal tribal similar to superchumbo. hope to see you there.

lets just hope this is the year we see the end of this excessive vip. maybe us regular folks might be able to walk around the club on all the levels and just kick back a little and talk without having to pay 200 for a bottle that costs 25. just a thought.

peace :type:

was a great night. mask you can dance i will say that. my bud and i were watchin, got some great moves. first dj was much better then the second. brought the level way down for me to soon. we left around 4 from 1-3 place was great. as always crobar is the best. next friday murk, great deep vocal tribal similar to superchumbo. hope to see you there.

lets just hope this is the year we see the end of this excessive vip. maybe us regular folks might be able to walk around the club on all the levels and just kick back a little and talk without having to pay 200 for a bottle that costs 25. just a thought.

peace :type:

tayama .. oh .. did we talk ?? if we did ... remind me of yourself ..

and thank you so much for your nice compliments man .. i really love it when ppl comment on my dancing (even in a positive criticism manner)

and ya .. i like your idea about the vip thing .. hope it happens one day .. but the truth is .. vip is bigggg business for clubs man ..and it is hard for clubs to give that one up or reduce the prices .. oh well

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG NIGHT .. never heard Deep Dish before .. and they really delivered ..

the night started a bit slow .. but then kicked in around 1 or so .. with hard house .. oh shit .. they had me going like nuts ..

nice meeting you elevatedflow and your cousin (cant remember his name) ..

also .. shout out to my boi mscrew who kicked ass dancing as usual .. and my boi david .. who was too happy to hear deep dish ... hehe

it was a good surprise to see you nybeauthy, emjay and your friend (shoot cant remember your name either .. shoot me please :gang: ) and enjoyed dancing with all three girls in the same time .. woo hoo .. just like old times .. hehe

nice meeting lots of new people .. kurby (rhythmism), ling (that chinese hottie in the vip) .. lora and her crew .. (always pleasure to meet you girl even tho this brings some physical damage memories .. hehe) .. the two girls in the other ground vip area (wats up w dancing wearing my mask .. hehe) ... and many other guys who i dont recall their names .. who joined in circles and the love of music ..

of course always pleasure to see all of Crobar crew .. you guys are the best

peace

the MASK

Maskkkkkkkkkkkk, I missed it. After our dinner, I took a nap, but did not wake up till few minutes ago. LOL.

Sorry for not stopping by, I really wanted to see you rip it as usual. It sound like you had fun sweetie. :makeout:

no we didint we will have to hook up sometime i was standing a few feet away by the stage with my bud. tall guy with blond hair. im average height with long brown hair. that corner of the club always has the best sound for some reason. also we are going to sullivan on the 28th to hear dfuse, great prog house/trance. see ya mask.

Last night was definately a great night; However, $40 cover was a bit too steep IMO. Yes, I know that tix were $30 in advance, but I made a last minute decision to go.

Anyways, the night was great from a musical perspective. First time I ever saw Deep Dish, and they definately delivered. First DJ definately played a better set; second one had some ups and downs. Energy from the crowd was intense, although it was a little too crowded until about 3am or so. I loved when they dropped "Nightmare." Crowd was going ballistic w/ that one.

BTW, Mask....I saw you by the stage early on in the night (around 1am maybe). I was going to introduce myself since we've never met, but it was too crowded up there. Didn't see you again for the rest of the night. Thought maybe you had left early.

Good time overall; legs feel like Jell-O today.