Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the dj played "walk like an egyptian" at studio9 on saturday

As you've heard, place is huge. Maybe too big. We're having drinks at the main bar in the center of the room and next thing I know, I hear "Walk Like An Eqyptian" pumping through the speakers. I am not trying to hate on Studio9, but what the fuck? Crowd was weak! I was waiting to see my dad walk in. Some cute drunken Staten Island girls.

And $4.00 for self parking? What is this, a football game? You have to pay to park at Giants stadium, but you shouldnt have to pay for parking in a place where you are spending your money.

overall Studio9 = :zzz:

I believe Studio 9 will keep improving as time goes on, people have to give it a chance. It's going to be really interesting next weekend with Masi & Mello along with Lea Lorien's performance on Friday, then Jason Ojeda on Saturday. I think Jason will rock the crowd and play that room the way it is supposed to be played. The club itself is beautiful, from what I'm told the sound and lights will be added to, which will definitely increase the vibe in the main room. I have to check out the restaurant, the chef is supposed to be incredible. And I love the 3am closing, especially, when it's already 1230 and I decide I want to step out instead of staying in, I know I can get a good 2 hours of clubbing in with the 3am closing.

As you've heard, place is huge. Maybe too big. We're having drinks at the main bar in the center of the room and next thing I know, I hear "Walk Like An Eqyptian" pumping through the speakers. I am not trying to hate on Studio9, but what the fuck? Crowd was weak! I was waiting to see my dad walk in. Some cute drunken Staten Island girls.

And $4.00 for self parking? What is this, a football game? You have to pay to park at Giants stadium, but you shouldnt have to pay for parking in a place where you are spending your money.

Not for nothing, but as I recall, you had to pay to park your own car at Hunka Bunka as well as Deko. Allot of places have done that. So dont make is sound like Studio 9 is the only place that charged you to park your own car.

You should have payed the extra dollar to have it valet...

I went on Saturday night also. I had a great time. We got there earlier and had dinner first

(which very delicious by the way) and then hung out.

Place was crowded and people were having fun. And yes, they did play that song

"Walk Like An Eqyptian" as a club mix. Everyone was dancing to it. So i dont see the big deal about it. There have been so many older songs from the 80's that have been remixed. This is just another one of those.

Dont know who the DJ was though. I liked the place. Its big and its a different crowd. The best thing we liked about the place is that it closes at 3am... One more hour to party. :hoparound:hoparound

Im sure Jason Ojeda will be packed. :)

Peace :)

Oh, by the way there were a couple of older people at the club, but what club doesnt? lol Big shit. Dont look at them. lol

Anyway, thats my peace...

S9 was packed last nite - over 1100 peeps til close...it was sickkkkkkkkkkkkk!

u sure you talkin about studio 9. cause my friend was there and called me at like 1 and said the place was beat and wanted to meet up in the city. maybe studio 4 had 1100 peeps. i think studio has a great set up but they really need to make some changes. esp music wise cause the sound just echos off the steal ceiling they have in there. they need to put some more money in the sound system if they want to be bringing in big name djs for guest spots.

Z

its a bangin remix by lalo and bushwacka just came out...lots of top djs are killin it

A banging remix of "walk like an eqyptian?" there is no such thing... i dont care who remixed it, song sucks! no wonder why house music is dying and f'n hiphop keeps on rising up. if house music has turned to remixing this crap, i can see why clubs are turning to playing hiphop. i'm not sure what is worse, this or the sweet caroline mix.

I think that is tooooo funny about "walk like an egyptian" one night when we were there the dj mixed "we got the beat" (the go go's) i really thought someone put something in my drink or i was super bombed! me and my girlfrineds just laughed ...what else can you do? it didnt bother us, but i know some people in here get so CRAZY if they don't hear the exact same shit that is played in every other club! :swallow::swallow:

who is performing at 9 this weekend? :lickit::lickit:

I think that is tooooo funny about "walk like an egyptian" one night when we were there the dj mixed "we got the beat" (the go go's) i really thought someone put something in my drink or i was super bombed! me and my girlfrineds just laughed ...what else can you do? it didnt bother us, but i know some people in here get so CRAZY if they don't hear the exact same shit that is played in every other club! :swallow: :swallow:

who is performing at 9 this weekend? :lickit: :lickit:

Lea Lorien is performing "How would you feel"....should be really good!:aright: