Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets sign Beltran

LAUGHHHHHHHH

Overpay for pitching, you say? lamaaaoooooo Hello Kris Benson. Ring a bell? Only team willing to give FOUR FUCKING YEARS to Pedro. Remember?

btw, that pitching that we 'overpaid' for just happens to include the best pitcher in the game today. When committing that much money to pitchers, we usually prefer that their ERA's be closer to 3, not 4. And that they not have sub .500 records. What was Benson' ERA last year? His record?

Pavano and Wright are UNPROVEN...just like Vasquez and look where he ended up?

If you don't think that Pedro won't be a Top 5 pitcher in the NL next year, you should lay off the crack...

Congrats on paying a player 17 mil a year who's not even among the top 15 players in the game.

Also, how does it feel to know that he was willing to sign with the Yankees for 19 million less?

:laugh: yeah ok....I just want to make sure of something. You're a Yankee fan and you're going to sit there and talk about over paying for a player :laugh:

and I can give two fucks if his first choice was the yankees...point is he is going to be a Met and if he helps win us a championship than that will be the only thing that matters

Pavano and Wright are UNPROVEN...just like Vasquez and look where he ended up?

If you don't think that Pedro won't be a Top 5 pitcher in the NL next year, you should lay off the crack...

Show me where I said anything about Pedro not being good next year. He'll be in the top THREE in Cy Young voting this season. And guess what, homey? It's STILL overpaying. Even the Mets themselves say it. In fact, everyone is saying it.

Wright and Pavano are unproven? Show me what Benson has proven in his oh so illustrious career. Wright was the ace of the Atlanta staff last year. He won 15 games and had a 3.15 ERA. Quick, show me Benson's #'s last year. Pavano won 18 games and had an ERA of 3.00 Were Pedro's numbers better than that? RJ won sixteen games(for the worst team in MLB), had an ERA of 2.60

Bottom line, Pavano and Wright would've gotten paid the same elsewhere if we didn''t sign them. You can't say other teams would've given Pedro and Benson the same money the Mets gave them.

speaking of randy johnson did he like flip out on someone taking his picture on the way to his phisical?

He should adjust to new york real well. Come to think of it he has only pitched in small markets right (montreal seattle houston arizona) so him adjusting to new york is not a slam dunk. I hope he gets booed and loses it :laugh::laugh:

When Wells became a FA he called and practically begged Cashman to take him on. We said nah.

Before signing with the Mets, Beltran called the Yanks offering to sign for 99 million. 20 million less than the Mets gave him.

We are God.

We don't play by the rules. We make them.

When Wells became a FA he called and practically begged Cashman to take him on. We said nah.

Before signing with the Mets, Beltran called the Yanks offering to sign for 99 million. 20 million less than the Mets gave him.

We are God.

We don't play by the rules. We make them.

i like how u say we when you talk about the yankees....like you are a part of the team.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Show me where I said anything about Pedro not being good next year. He'll be in the top THREE in Cy Young voting this season. And guess what, homey? It's STILL overpaying. Even the Mets themselves say it. In fact, everyone is saying it.

Wright and Pavano are unproven? Show me what Benson has proven in his oh so illustrious career. Wright was the ace of the Atlanta staff last year. He won 15 games and had a 3.15 ERA. Quick, show me Benson's #'s last year. Pavano won 18 games and had an ERA of 3.00 Were Pedro's numbers better than that? RJ won sixteen games(for the worst team in MLB), had an ERA of 2.60

Bottom line, Pavano and Wright would've gotten paid the same elsewhere if we didn''t sign them. You can't say other teams would've given Pedro and Benson the same money the Mets gave them.

Wow - the Met's overpayed for a Cy Young caliber player that's 10 YEARS younger than Johnson...yeah that was a shit job...total shit!

Pavano = Career Year

Wright = Career Year

Doesn't mean a damn thing cause neither have proven SHIT! Just like Vasquez, yet you overpaid for him and he's one and DONE.

And because you got NEITHER Beltran or Pedro, you say their both garbage...typical Yankmee fan! You fuckers had him penciled in your outfield for 2005 and now he's OURS! Sucks huh? And I know if you did get Beltran, you'd have your kneepads on right now going balls deep on him :laugh:

AMAZING!....these new set of "rules" have really been working out for you guys the past 4 years....oh I get it, you make these rules so that other teams can win championships....real nice of the Yankees :laugh:

You're right. We haven't won anything these last 4 years. Because, that is enough to say that things haven't been 'working out'

Oh, but we have won the division in all those 4 years. Oh, and we've been to the WS twice.

You?

Remember the time Boston didn't win shit for 86 years?

I do.

thats good but what i remember is that the yanks choked and the red sox are the 2004 world champions, you know why i remember this because it happened this year.

Wow - the Met's overpayed for a Cy Young caliber player that's 10 YEARS younger than Johnson...yeah that was a shit job...total shit!

Pavano = Career Year

Wright = Career Year

Doesn't mean a damn thing cause neither have proven SHIT! Just like Vasquez, yet you overpaid for him and he's one and DONE.

And because you got NEITHER Beltran or Pedro, you say their both garbage...typical Yankmee fan! You fuckers had him penciled in your outfield for 2005 and now he's OURS! Sucks huh? And I know if you did get Beltran, you'd have your kneepads on right now going balls deep on him :laugh:

We didn't make one offer to either Pedro or Beltran. So I don't know what the fuck you are talking about 'penciled in'

Sorry about Contreras. Also, sorry about every other fucking import that ALWAYS chooses the Yanks over the Sox. It's not our fault nobody likes playing on losing teams.

Sorry about raping you for the better part of a century too.

sorry about having your team be involed in the biggest choke in pro sports with the highest payroll ever.

I wonder why they choose the yanks could it be MONEY. LOL

thats good but what i remember is that the yanks choked and the red sox are the 2004 world champions, you know why i remember this because it happened this year.

That's great. You know who has won more WS rings in the last 8 years than Boston won in 86? The Marlins. You know how I know this? Because the Red Sox are the losingest team in all of sports.