Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hotels to avoid?

For some strange reason a lot of the places in South beach are really crappy, especially the cheaper ones (100-150/night)...

tripadvisor has a lot of reviews on most of the places in south beach, and most are negative but it depends on what you're looking for. A place to crash with minimal ammenities and a few problems is standard for the area.

I'm staying at the Shelborne, but its a rented condo/apt...

Last year we were at the Beachcomber which wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

I heard Tudor is really bad, and is still available right now.

I stayed at the Ramada once (not for the conference) and I shit you not the water came out yellow. From the faucets and shower... gross man...

i think i'm going to go witht he South Beach Plaza (14th and collins). the reviews on travelocity are pretty good

is that the place near eckerd which has been undergoing renovations for the past 50billion years? if so, looks like a decent spot

Avoid the Edison on 10th & Ocean Dr. You can't control the air and the bathroom is tiny... when I say tiny, I mean the door barely has space to close if you're on the toilet. And for some strange reason, it's incredibly humid! It feels as though the walls are sweating or something. Maybe bad plumbing? :D

I heard Tudor is really bad, and is still available right now.

I stayed at the Ramada once (not for the conference) and I shit you not the water came out yellow. From the faucets and shower... gross man...

I've stayed at the Tudor at the past two conferences at it was fine. It totally falls into the other statement of being a basic place to crash. It's certainly not fancy and you wouldn't want to just sit and hang out in your room, but anyone just sitting in their room at the WMC is really missing the point. I've never had any problems except that sometimes it can be loud outside the hotel (but I suspect it's like that anywhere on SoBe). For the price and location you can't really beat it, unless you really want to stay in a fancier place (and don't mind paying out the ass for it).

I certainly have never seen yellow water come out of the shower or the faucet at the Tudor as you say you did at the Ramada...yikes! Basically I'd put the Tudor in the same category as a Day's Inn.