Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Las Vegas Music Sucks

ayquebueno

Why is the music in vegas SOOOOO bad...ive been there 4x and I have been to several venues...the music is soooooo bad. The house music that is. They need some NYC/NJ residents...the clubs in vegas are gorgeous, but the horrific music kills it!!! Someone explai

-jersey boy

You either went to the wrong places or haven't been here in a few years b/c things have changed now. I am basically into that same style of house music (JP, Boris, Tenaglia, etc ) and even though those guys aren't out here all too ofter (JP was out here twice in the last year and Boris was out here 3x) - some of the better DJ's are starting to come around more often. Donald Glaude is spinning every Friday at Ice these days. The next 3 saturdays have Richard Humpty Vission, Roger Sanchez, and Erick Morillo. Godskitchen had Tiesto out here for NYE - Oakenfold and Skribbles were at another party New Years Day. Every major holiday weekend has NY Dj's from NYC on the move out here. You just need to choose the right venue's to go to if you want decent music.

If you went to places like Rain, Ghostbar, Light, and Drais - which are usually spots people reccomend - you are probably right. The music at those places (even Drais) is mostly hip hop and cheesy dance music. You just need to pick your spots.

Thank u so much for ur input. Thats what im talkin about! DT, JP, etc...Yes, I went to Rain, Light, Studio 54, Baby's...and a few others...Never been to Ice, but if Morillo was there, place must be pretty good. I have never heard Donald Glaude spin...does he spin NYC style house or is it like Electronica type ish? Anyhow you did rattle off some sick names, so maybe I will come check Ice out. My GF and I watch that reality tv show about Ice all the time...place looks pretty cool. Some of you vegas people need to come check out the jersey shore! Hopefully I'll check u guys out soon. :bounce::bounce:

The only spots you'll find good house or electronic is Ice and Tangerine on Wed. OBA use to lay some real goot shit on Fri but that place got shut down. Still waiting ot hear if it will ever open.

Also starting Feb 4th, Club 7 will become Club Rubber, permanantly. I expect them to pull some real talent through there.

maybe the dj's should come out here to get some vinyl of some good house nyc style house and it would please the people out there. maybe who knows..

actually Scott Stubbs is the res DJ i know of who is on top of the game as far DJs in Vegas...

its pretty sad cuz one time i was at RAIN and my friend as that fag ass DJ hollywood to play Final Chapter or Elements and he had no clue what we were talking about

when i was there in oct. i thought tangerine played the best music out there i heard that weekend...was a wednesday night (outside)

good house, some vocals some beats THANK GOD NO NY/NJ DANCE CIRCLES :)

ice on sat also had some good music....but, we left early cause it looked as though it would turn into a crackhead crowd

that fag ass DJ hollywood to play Final Chapter or Elements and he had no clue what we were talking about

C'mon man that's not cool. Just because Hollywood didn't know your request, I don't think it's cool to bash him here like that. He is a respected DJ here in town. You have to realize something about Vegas. It's NOT New York. I know, because I lived in Essex County NJ for nearly my whole life. The scene in NY is VERY differerent. People in NY are very educated clubbers in general. They know the djs. They know the music. If you break a new song, NYC loves it. Most other markets, people need to know the hook already or they look up at the DJ like he's on crack. Vegas DJs need to please people from every area around the country, so with the exception of a few niche parties, most of the music is mainstream. Anyway you have the right to your opinion, but realize this is not NYC and it's easy to hate on a dj because he doesn't know a track, but realize that NYC anthems often never reach west of Philly.

but realize this is not NYC and it's easy to hate on a dj because he doesn't know a track, but realize that NYC anthems often never reach west of Philly.

FYI, DJ Hollywood is from Jersey and has spun in AC before and if he had any knowledge about music he would have known those 2 songs. I could of cared less if he played em or not.

like i said, the only DJ on top the game in vegas is Scott Stubbs