Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Picked up a copy of Ultra Dance 6

Hey everybody-

Check out this new CD in stores today! Got my copy and it's really good!

ULTRA DANCE 6

Mixed by The Riddler and Vic Latino

DISC 1 - MIXED BY VIC LATINO

1. Jonathan Peters feat. Sylver – All This Time (Club Mix)

2. Kevin Lyttle – Turn Me On (E Smoove Remix)

3. Shape:UK - Lola’s Theme (Extended Vocal Mix)

4. Aubrey - If You Don’t Know Me By Now (J Budz Extended)

5. Eric Prydz - Call On Me (Eric Prydz vs Retarded Funk Mix)

6. StoneBridge - Put’Em High (Stockholm Sound Machine Mix)

7. Uniting Nations – Out of Touch

8. Dannii Minogue vs. Flower Power – You Won’t Forget About Me (Original

Extended Vocal Mix )

9. Flexy - Mamasita (12†Cotto Mamasita House Mix Version)

10. Tina Ann – Rise Again

11. Ultra All-Stars – Just Move

12. Wynonna – I Want To Know What Love Is (Piper Mix)

DISC 2 - MIXED BY DJ RIDDLER

1. David Morales with Lea-Lorién – How Would U Feel (Peter Rauhofer

Re-Construction Remix)

2. David Guetta – Stay (Fuzz Hair Remix)

3. Narcotic Thrust – When the Dawn Breaks

4. The Lovefreekz – Shine (The Lovefreekz Club Mix)

5. Soul Central feat. Kathy Brown– Strings of Life (Stronger On My Own)

(Full Length Vocal)

6. Mynt feat Kim Sozzi – Stay

7. Disco Kings – Born To Be Alive (Original Live Mix)

8. Benassi Bros. feat. Dhany – Hit My Heart

9. Tiësto – Just Be (Wally Lopez Remix)

10. Rachael Starr – Till There Was You (Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix)

11. Anna Vissi – Call Me (Al B. Rich Club Mix)

12. iio – Runaway (Ford Remix)

Hey everybody-

Check out this new CD in stores today! Got my copy and it's really good!

ULTRA DANCE 6

Mixed by The Riddler and Vic Latino

DISC 1 - MIXED BY VIC LATINO

1. Jonathan Peters feat. Sylver – All This Time (Club Mix)

2. Kevin Lyttle – Turn Me On (E Smoove Remix)

3. Shape:UK - Lola’s Theme (Extended Vocal Mix)

4. Aubrey - If You Don’t Know Me By Now (J Budz Extended)

5. Eric Prydz - Call On Me (Eric Prydz vs Retarded Funk Mix)

6. StoneBridge - Put’Em High (Stockholm Sound Machine Mix)

7. Uniting Nations – Out of Touch

8. Dannii Minogue vs. Flower Power – You Won’t Forget About Me (Original

Extended Vocal Mix )

9. Flexy - Mamasita (12†Cotto Mamasita House Mix Version)

10. Tina Ann – Rise Again

11. Ultra All-Stars – Just Move

12. Wynonna – I Want To Know What Love Is (Piper Mix)

DISC 2 - MIXED BY DJ RIDDLER

1. David Morales with Lea-Lorién – How Would U Feel (Peter Rauhofer

Re-Construction Remix)

2. David Guetta – Stay (Fuzz Hair Remix)

3. Narcotic Thrust – When the Dawn Breaks

4. The Lovefreekz – Shine (The Lovefreekz Club Mix)

5. Soul Central feat. Kathy Brown– Strings of Life (Stronger On My Own)

(Full Length Vocal)

6. Mynt feat Kim Sozzi – Stay

7. Disco Kings – Born To Be Alive (Original Live Mix)

8. Benassi Bros. feat. Dhany – Hit My Heart

9. Tiësto – Just Be (Wally Lopez Remix)

10. Rachael Starr – Till There Was You (Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix)

11. Anna Vissi – Call Me (Al B. Rich Club Mix)

12. iio – Runaway (Ford Remix)

ZzZzzZzzzZzzz

its a terrible compilation. Only one song i like but ive been hearing HOW WOULD U FEEL since dec of 2003 and am quite tired of it. Lolas theme has been over since the summer. And strings of life cmon now im sure some of ya the know the origanl one was from 1985 i believe DERRICK MAY and then it got bought back last yr. But now with the vocal YUCK. See these compilations are what give OUR music a bad name.

Everyone seems to hate on compilations like these. Granted they are not the UNDERGROUND Jams, and a majority of the tracks have recieved club play for quite a long time now.

Nobody is pulling anyones leg to buy this CD, but on the otherhand this compilation will expose some people with music they may not be familiar with.

The second any dance track or compilation gets any exposure people are quick to vote it off the island.

Everyone seems to hate on compilations like these. Granted they are not the UNDERGROUND Jams, and a majority of the tracks have recieved club play for quite a long time now.

Nobody is pulling anyones leg to buy this CD, but on the otherhand this compilation will expose some people with music they may not be familiar with.

The second any dance track or compilation gets any exposure people are quick to vote it off the island.

Agreed. I'm sure there are a lot of EDM fans who started out listening to mixes like this. When you're just starting out, you probably don't really know what's good and what isn't, so you might buy a mix like this, b/c it's something that you're familiar with. But as time goes on, you dig a little deeper and you discover what true EDM is. But without the mainstream stuff, there are probably lots of fans out there who would have never discovered some of the really talented DJs and producers out there.

mattm2o, you make some good points about these type of CD's exposing EDM to the masses - people that would otherwise just ignorantly hear one bass beat & snare and label it "techno". HOWEVER - thats the problem, the sole purpose of these CDs' existence is to make a quick buck for the label and sorry-ass dj who mixed it. these commercial compilation CDs litter the dance aisle of music stores. i'm lucky if i find a DT or Morillo album, but there's plenty of Ultra Dance 28 or NYC Underground 43 to go around. there is no musical integrity involved, no flow or progression to the album, just a bunch of hits that are 3 seasons too late...

If anyone wants to buy a quality mix album, get Morillo's new Subliminal Winter Sessions 2 album (only just out over here in a compilation called the 2 sides of my world). Quality tracks from what I can see including Gadjo - So Many Times and a decent mix of Strings of Life.

And yes Silverbull we all know the original is very, very old but I don't anyone on this board with an ounce of talent for spotting a decent track would deny that the Danny Krivit re-edit and this mix are also quality.

Also agree with you about Shapeshifters - superb track earlier in the year, but as soon as it got the vocal treatment it all went downhill - that's the British charts for you I'm afraid.

One newer tune on here that I do like is The Lovefreeks which I only heard for the first time on NYE when I was back in the UK, on the other hand I'm not a fan of the David Morales track.

There's always going to be a place for these sorts of albums, it's just a bit disappointing that the record labels promote them as the newest releases, when all the tunes have been out for months and months.

Agreed - it was out in the UK a few months ago (only just released here, and I wasn't going to spend double the amount to get the import), but the tracks are at least decent ones and not watered down versions of the ones originally played in the clubs. That was really the point I was trying to make.

Very rarely are compilations available with loads of unheard tracks on (if you go clubbing regularly), however if you wanted a decent mix of tunes of the latter part of last year, then I would go with Morillo's.