Clubplanet Nightlife Community

minkeivichsdh to the mets

jtk4

I dont know why Doug Mientiewicz was traded, and by all thats holy, i hope it wasnt becoz of the lousy "last-out ball" who fucking cares !!! coz i dont !! we beat the friggin yamkees straight up and shamed their overpaid asses at that dump called "the stadium"

That said, who the fuck do we have at 1st base? that position has been a quagmire for a while. And fuck the mets prospects :mad: I have always believed.."If it aint broken,..dont fix it"

P.S and whats up with the Matt Clement pick up... dude wasnt good in the NL, is he gonna pick up the slack in the cut-throat AL ?

we will see on clement but there was not much out there.

Minky has lent the ball to the sox for display so that was not an issue, we had too many 1st baseman and minky wanted to start so him platooning was going to ba a problem. We did not have a 1st base prospect in our system. We can also resign mcCarty who can also mop up games if need be. Good move that needed to be done.

wow,what the hell is wrong with the Mets? It seems like every year they trade away a top prosp for some average middle of the road type player. The mets gave up their top first base prospect for a guy blahston didn't even want in the first place. what the fuck is going on here? this feels like the Huber trade last year when they gave up another top prospect for little in return. Mientkiewicz is coming off of his worst season since, I believe, his rookie year 5 years ago. What did he bat? like .240 combined with blahston and minnesota? congrats Met fans, your hero Minaya traded away your top first base prosp for a guy who was used as a late inning replacement in the playoffs.

wow,what the hell is wrong with the Mets? It seems like every year they trade away a top prosp for some average middle of the road type player. The mets gave up their top first base prospect for a guy blahston didn't even want in the first place. what the fuck is going on here? this feels like the Huber trade last year when they gave up another top prospect for little in return. Mientkiewicz is coming off of his worst season since, I believe, his rookie year 5 years ago. What did he bat? like .240 combined with blahston and minnesota? congrats Met fans, your hero Minaya traded away your top first base prosp for a guy who was used as a late inning replacement in the playoffs.
you shouldnt talk..yankess have a worse farm system now

I heard somewhere that blahston traded for Bladergroen to use as bait for Ben Sheets at the July deadline this year.

I heard that too...but its all hear-say. I hear something along those lines every year and nothing ever happens. Last year it was Hanley Ramirez and Kelly Shoppach for god knows who...

Mientkewicz wins Gold Gloves. I guess Minaya feels they have enough bats to make such a move. Face it, the Mets will need it with such a young infield. Despite his lack of offense last year, he's a .270 hitter. Good enough for me. And I don't think Bladergroen was that special. The Mets can't produce first basemen. Think Earl Snyder and Craig Brazell. I really don't think he's on the same level as Milledge, Concepcion, Jacobs, Humber, or Petit (who the Red Sox originally asked for). I'm happy with the trade.

Mientkewicz wins Gold Gloves. I guess Minaya feels they have enough bats to make such a move. Face it, the Mets will need it with such a young infield. Despite his lack of offense last year, he's a .270 hitter. Good enough for me. And I don't think Bladergroen was that special. The Mets can't produce first basemen. Think Earl Snyder and Craig Brazell. I really don't think he's on the same level as Milledge, Concepcion, Jacobs, Humber, or Petit (who the Red Sox originally asked for). I'm happy with the trade.