Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anybody STILL use glowsticks or lights?

If so PLEASE STOP. Thankfully non of the parties ive gone to in a long time have had those things. Last time was at cielo and thankfully the bouncers told him to put that crap away after a certain someone said something hehe. So if your still using them FESS up and defend why you still do? This topic may seem dumb but im bored at work.

No offense man but that was a bitch move to complain to the bouncer. Let the poor kid enjoy him or herself. Don't rat people out

seriously! bull you r very knowledgable but what are we 5. from all ppl that express to the world i just am myslef. let the kid enjoy himself!!

Glow sticks are very 90s, but whenever I'm out, I still see 2 or 3 people in the crowd w/ them (probably people who go to clubs like 2x a year and think that they're still cool). Doesn't really bother me or anything; unless they're the ones on strings, which have no place on a crowded dancefloor.

Guest distort909
If so PLEASE STOP. Thankfully non of the parties ive gone to in a long time have had those things. Last time was at cielo and thankfully the bouncers told him to put that crap away after a certain someone said something hehe. So if your still using them FESS up and defend why you still do? This topic may seem dumb but im bored at work.

not for nothing i like you gabe but you shoudl really check yourself..............

what right do you have to judge another person for dancing & expressing themselves the way they want to ?

not cool gabe.

if them being on strings was the only reason u complained then thts ok. but becaues he had glowsticks.................. :splat:

I like lights .. and i like strings .. and they take skill to do .. i dont claim that kina skill and i am a beginner when it comes to that stuff . but i still admire ppl who do it ..

as for ppl doing it in the middle of the floor and taking lots of space especially when the place is packed or small . that is not right and those ppl should not be that selfish

glowstix remind me of a time when nyc had a strong underground scene.

I deeply miss the old raves I used to go to at roseland & other spots.

theres hardly ever an event like that locally now & everything has changed.

I love glowstix & Im going to bring some stix & lights back soon just to change it all up again.

glowstix remind me of a time when nyc had a strong underground scene.

I deeply miss the old raves I used to go to at roseland & other spots.

theres hardly ever an event like that locally now & everything has changed.

I love glowstix & Im going to bring some stix & lights back soon just to change it all up again.

clinton dude . dont remind me of raves ... those were the times man ...

Gabe.

What's there to fess up to? I always liked it and always will. I'm not an acrobat but merely including my gloves that I have equipped with photons, into my style of dancing.I don't do unusual tricks , I don't do it in the middle of the dance floor, I'm very conciderate. I pick my corner the same way I do when I just dance. And everytime I come to notice that I'm not the only one having fun, apparently so do others that are watching me. So I must be doing something right.....

But I also must admit I understand your point. Long strings have no place on a small dancefloor. But you shouldn't let a pair of glowsticks bother you, it's selfexpression."Live and let live"

peace......

But who cares. Unless its strings that take up a lot of space, I don't see why its anyone else's business. People here harp about the music and the scene and how the vibe is dead..blah blah. Yet when ppl come to express themselves, and other people seem to enjoy watching them do it, they get nailed on some message board. It's retarded. And i'm not saying this cuz I like or dislike them. I simply don't care either way.

exactly. handstix are fine.

one of DT's biggest contradictios is to say 'be yourself' and then say 'no you cant have glowstix.' what fascism.

strings, no thats rude.

but personal stix make for a bigger night, think of the old 1990's hands in the air at roxy twilo & many other spots.

theres good music to hear now but the vibe is absent.

ive been wacked a few times during the yrs lol thats why when i see them i go nuts lol. But dont worry it didnt damge my chains hehe.

Hobbit, how lame of you to rat people out, LOSER. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you shouldn't let people enjoy what they're doing, who the fuck do you think you are anyway? Too bad one of the strings didn't grab that stupid looking silver chain from around your neck, oh well better luck next time.

:ghey:

string glowsticks at a small dancefloor at CIELO was the reason i said anything to the bouncer, CARMINE09 and DJ ONER.

agreed, unless your a fucking amazing glowsticker, get the fuck off the floor. I've always hated that for years. I want to dance and can't cuz some moron starts twirling them around or whatever.

I do give props to people who know how to skillfully use em and incorporate it into dancing, but those people are long gone and only shitty ones left, so please stop or take it to the raves where dancing really isnt a big deal to most.