Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anybody STILL use glowsticks or lights?

I think its pure cheese, sorry...I saw them at Tempts this summer and was disgusted; saw them again at Flight in Dec. (Jersey for those who dont know)

it's one thing when you're at Ikon or Avalon and still living in the past...but puhlease refrain from using them in the small NJ circuit...it really makes the place look bad

yes, i am guilty of using gloswsticks myself, but I believe the last time was when I saw the Chemical Brothers at Hammerstein in '98

Where are the pros in twirling glowsticks? they used to be at Exit and Roxy all the time. It was one better than the other. amazing moves, remember those hi-intensity glowsticks? Now the club scene changed, too much BS at the door, dress code, guestlists, location of the club, finding parking space, etc..

Glowsticks and Crobar or spirit just doesn't match but I still like to see those pros in glowsticks again. Exit, SF, Roxy, Vinil and Centro-fly on thu's those were the good days in 2001/2002. The good thing that exit and SF closed is because all my friends stop dropping pills and do K. Crobar, spirit is a place to drink and avalon is like a hong kong night club. :vomit2:

yo zeek, ever been to cielo? Now imagine someone trying to use them in the middle of the dance floor on strings. And this was back in summer last yr. My reason for bringing up this topic was cause i was bored at work and really havent seen anybody use them for a long time. So the curiousity was there to ask if anybody still used them.

yo zeek, ever been to cielo? Now imagine someone trying to use them in the middle of the dance floor on strings. And this was back in summer last yr. My reason for bringing up this topic was cause i was bored at work and really havent seen anybody use them for a long time. So the curiousity was there to ask if anybody still used them.

wo wo wo! you are saying this was last summer! i understand you are bored at work! but why didn't you start a thread "who still uses glowsticks" or better "what do ppl think about glo sticks at venues today" not admitting to telling on someone that prob. was enjoying him or herself! any way just my 2 cents! and i cant believe another "great" thread to read!

yo carmine that is the name of my thread "does anybody still use glowsticks" . As for me telling everyone that i told the bouncer there was a topic bout that as well last yr. But people keep bringing it up on this topic when thatwas not the case for this post.

I use photon II's from time to time still. You'd be surprised how many people asked me if they can borrow them while im dancing & raving. Even with the photons i do not take any more space than a regular dancer does so its never a problem. I think they only look nice and feel nice (to the one who raves with them) if there's lots of pills involved, otherwise they tend to really piss and annoy people off that are dancing near.

My advice is, if you're a really sick raver with whatever you got that glows, definetely dont be scared to do your thing, but if you're a beginner and whatever you do looks cheesy then please do us all a favor throw em out or keep learning at home. If I was dancing at a small space and someone would be raving with shit on strings and I could get hit I'd probably ask the kid to put it away myself and if he was an asshole about it then of course I'd have to beat him down.

Any party toys are a nice treat at a club though the one using them better be good at whatever they're doing or using it for.

If so PLEASE STOP. Thankfully non of the parties ive gone to in a long time have had those things. Last time was at cielo and thankfully the bouncers told him to put that crap away after a certain someone said something hehe. So if your still using them FESS up and defend why you still do? This topic may seem dumb but im bored at work.

i am going to tell the CP bouncers that u made this thread...then i am going to tell ur mom u hurt my feelings...

gabe i think you are a cool kid and all but wow dude... why would you rat someone out?? this came up a few months ago when you mentioned you ratted some kid who was doing k to a bouncer... why not just go tell these people yourself??? why bring in a third party and potentially get the kid kciked out?? it's not like the kid was doing windmills with razor blades in his hands... he was swinging some glowsticks around... im only taking offense to this bc i used to do those glowstick string things, while they were potentially harmful to other peeps i never hit anybody in my day (i guess i havent done them since about 01).. i dunno, i think if there's a huge circle going, glowsticks on strings isnt really a problem... if you're doing it in a crowded spot than you are a moron... but coming from someone who lives for being in the middle of a circle, like you do, im really surprised you ratted some kid out for expressing himself... he was just doing his thing in the middle of a circle.. i actually still get a kick out of watching kids do this... it reminds me of when i first started going to raves and it brings back a lot of good memories.. i like when people use the photon's in front of someone's face, while they're rolling... if you think about it what is it really... it's someone going out of their way to intensify someone else's trip... to enhance someone else's night... isnt that what it's supposed to be about??? not jumping into a circle and mocking the person's dancing style (which happens A LOT)