Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMG...Avalon what are you doing on Friday Nights? Drapper he is still a DJ? Why......

mdc78

Why would you ruin such a great Venue. I mean you have DJ's from accross the world come spin on your decks on Sat...then you put Drapper on every friday? WHy would you ruin the sceen like that? I mean keep booking every FRI and Sat...that is making sure that Avalon competes with Crobar musically. Drapper plays so hard even Exit kicked him out. Man NYC is becoing a wash. Ugh this sucks, now I wont go on fridays...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this is NYC, supposed to be the best clubsceen in the world and 1 of the top 3 venues in NYC, I mena Limelight is legendary!!! And the best you can do is Drapper? I was goign to go hear that too, then I saw along with Drapper and I was like ugh fuck that. Arent openers very diso housy and play alot of pecussionary sounds. Wait till they meet the opener for limelight they will never play there again.

Actually its Draper and Vicious on Friday nights.....and this Friday is Blank and Jones......There was nothing spoken about Draper opening for them. Avalon actually happens to be really good on Friday nights......Vicious is a great DJ and there is always a strong vibe in that place.

Why you would consider "wasting" your night and money just to see "how hysterical" its gonna sound......doesnt make much sense if you ask me.

people bash draper too much. Its become a trend. YES HE PLAYED HARD, BUT THE GUY ISNT BAD. I bet half the people that bash him never even heard him (not talking about you guys, but many others) He is a good guy who got big really fast and because of that i think people are backlashing. The guy has skills, ive seen him wayyyy back in the day at metropolis b4 he even had a name and let me tell you he was pretty impressive. He is also a really sick turntablist(for those who dont know). He was in the koldkutz crew with dj jazzy jeff and they used to do some really sick ass shit. If people just went with an open mind, im sure they would think differently. Vicious and draper are actually quite similar. If draper played but people thought it was vicious, i bet you the people wouldnt bitch. but if they knew it was draper..the bashing would begin before even giving it a chance. BORIS is VERY similar to draper as well. Anyone else agree?

it just comes down to opinion.....i personaly think that whole era of Hard house is long gone and its very cheesy....but my opinion matters just like the next guys....

but i would say ALOT of people who know their EDM agree with me that Blank & Jones DOES NOT mix with Draper at all.......

i just saw that blank and jones were spinning there a few days ago. very underpromoted if anything, those guys are pretty good. haven't really heard any new stuff from them since i don't really download trance stuff anymore. too bad they're at avalon, esp on a night that morillo is spinning...

i love the one video i have from them, i forget which track it is, but it shows them traveling all over, dicking around during the day, and then playing out at night, some good crowd shots in there.

I never heard Drapper and I hear he sucks from many people . but that does not mean he is bad .. since i never heard him myself ..

it all comes to a matter of taste and if u prefer this dj or not is a personal matter ... for example my gf loves sasha and i dont .. so what . no big deal .. move on people

and if Drapper is like Boris . well then . he might not be that bad after all .. i mean i heard Boris and he was pretty good ..

i duno . just my opinion ..

Actually its Draper and Vicious on Friday nights.....and this Friday is Blank and Jones......There was nothing spoken about Draper opening for them. Avalon actually happens to be really good on Friday nights......Vicious is a great DJ and there is always a strong vibe in that place.

Why you would consider "wasting" your night and money just to see "how hysterical" its gonna sound......doesnt make much sense if you ask me.

Well Listen, if you look all over the world, Miami, Europe, Brazil, Visious doesnt spin neither does Draper. Think about it...Look at the Winter Music Conference.... That week exploites the best DJ's in the world and the best music the nightlife has to offer.....IS Visious or Draper even spinning there...I dont even think they are invited...

Visious is a hasbeen...period

Now limelight is one of the most legendary clubs in the world......why would avaon discrase it by having residents there who cant get a gig at the WMC?

Its a waste of money i rather stay home and listen to KTU

Well Listen, if you look all over the world, Miami, Europe, Brazil, Visious doesnt spin neither does Draper. Think about it...Look at the Winter Music Conference.... That week exploites the best DJ's in the world and the best music the nightlife has to offer.....IS Visious or Draper even spinning there...I dont even think they are invited...

Now limelight is one of the most legendary clubs in the world......why would avaon discrase it by having residents there who cant get a gig at the WMC?

Its a waste of money i rather stay home and listen to KTU or watch paint dry

well unless clubplanet is doing false advertisement......there is a banner that says Blank and Jones (1st time in NYC) w/ tony draper and some other DJ......so i dunno what your sources are but its in plain english on a banner.....

My "sources" since I work there every Fri and Sat tell me that YES Draper is the Resident DJ....he is NOT opening for Blank and Jones..the other guy is.....

Its all a matter of opinion. Maybe hes a hasbeen to you.....I beg to differ but its all about what you like.