Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thank you Bush

mdamon7278

it all depends on which side of the fence you are on in respect to budget cuts. in 1999, under democrat Clinton, Medicare was cut by nearly 50 percent. It was a massive cut that affected the elderly and health care professionals that serviced the elderly. of course, those that werent directly affected by it, really werent aware or gave a shit. i had my salary cut and had to hold on for dear life to my job and eventually had to move away.....

better to cut go no where pet projects and freebies given to lazy americans than cut(actually obliterate) the military budget like clinton did, thus crippling this countries defenses..........even after several succesful overseas terrorist attacks on american targets.

it all depends on which side of the fence you are on in respect to budget cuts. in 1999, under democrat Clinton, Medicare was cut by nearly 50 percent. It was a massive cut that affected the elderly and health care professionals that serviced the elderly. of course, those that werent directly affected by it, really werent aware or gave a shit. i had my salary cut and had to hold on for dear life to my job and eventually had to move away.....
a gross distortion of the facts. medicare was going to be bankrupt, if changes where not enacted. medicare was also riddled with fraud; which Clinton tried to minimize... naturally the doctors, etc who make a majority of there living from medicaid opposed him at every point. also the surplus we had in our budget at the time, went to strength the program which clearly would have gone bankrupt if changes where not made.

make cuts or watch the program go bankrupt?? seems rather obvious the actions taken where necessary.

if the medical community is so concerned about the elderly, then let them help out by reducing their outrageous fees.. :spin2::spin2:

tony..you are talking about apples I am talking about oranges..however, I am glad you responded because it proves the point that I am trying to make. MY REALITY IN 1999 was that my salary was cut by 25 percent due to medicare cuts. MY REALITY WAS that my profession, as a whole was decimated. MY REALITY WAS that in order to make a living to support myself with my enormous student loan was pack up and move away. THE REALITY FOR THOSE IN MY PROFESSION was that many found themselves without jobs and if they still had one, it was for a salary that few could survive on. UNFORTUNATELY, THE REALITY FOR THOSE OVER 65 WAS THAT THE REHABILITATIVE SERVICES AVAILABLE TO THEM WERE CUT BY OVER 50 PERCENT.

You see, the cuts were in attempt to minimize fraud and excess, however, my profession was "casualty of war".

Your post offers a justification and a view from your side. The view from my side is completely different. As i said, it all depends what side you are on. :)

tony..you are talking about apples I am talking about oranges..however, I am glad you responded because it proves the point that I am trying to make. MY REALITY IN 1999 was that my salary was cut by 25 percent due to medicare cuts. MY REALITY WAS that my profession, as a whole was decimated. MY REALITY WAS that in order to make a living to support myself with my enormous student loan was pack up and move away. THE REALITY FOR THOSE IN MY PROFESSION was that many found themselves without jobs and if they still had one, it was for a salary that few could survive on. UNFORTUNATELY, THE REALITY FOR THOSE OVER 65 WAS THAT THE REHABILITATIVE SERVICES AVAILABLE TO THEM WERE CUT BY OVER 50 PERCENT.

You see, the cuts were in attempt to minimize fraud and excess, however, my profession was "casualty of war".

Your post offers a justification and a view from your side. The view from my side is completely different. As i said, it all depends what side you are on. :)

i agree .. everyone looks at it from the way it affect them .. thats why noone is really correct in these situations.. i just start all kinds of shit like this to piss OBBY off.. but in reality no matter who is elected president, someone will always get fucked .. the issues i have with bush actually have nothing to do with the economy really or anything like that .. its with other overseas issues which im not in the mood to get into at the moment :)