Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how much do you love that HOUSE music???

mcdigi

Just chillin at work, listening to DT's Back to the Basics CD. I wanted to start a positive thread---one without typical the bashing of any DJ's, venues, parties, people that we so often see on this board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinons, but sometimes we lose focus. We should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Despite all of our differences, we're all here because we LOVE this music. The music is the drug, it is art in every way shape and form. It is a means of understanding and interepreting life, and allows us for a moment to retreat from all the chaos and have a transcending experience. Just as life is a blessing, so is the music.

Sorry for the long post, and NO I'm not a philosophy major or anything like that. I just wanted to share this with you.

So, as an ode, if you will, to this music that means so much to us, feel free to write anything--- 1) how you're feeling 2) why you love this music 3) when you caught the house bug or anything else you want to share. There's no right or wrong. Thanks for your time. Respect. Peace & Love.

Let's try to keep this thread going!

Ron

i got sucked in when i was in 8th grade! hahahaha

old school tracks from chicago house music, acid house, classic nyc jazz influenced house rhythms... damn, if only remembered that song from 89 with the piano...lol

what about old ass bobby konders tracks? or "it's just a..." or cubik...

french kiss was a fav to spin back then as well...

french kiss was a fav to spin back then as well...

Ooooo! one of my fav's as well. i'd say i really got into house when i started college in 2000. my bf at the time was heavily into clubbing, so i just latched on for the ride. still missing those good ol' days, but ofcourse making new waves now. ;)