Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ANY NY KIDS GO TO BOSTON OR BEEN THERE TO PARTY ?

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU IN HERE KNOW ANY BOSTON KIDS...OR IF YOU'VE CHECKED OUT ANY OF THE CLUBS OUT HERE ?

CURRENTLY MY PROMO TEAM PROMOTES AT:

ARIA

VENU

ROXY

OLD M-8O'S / NOW PARADISE

ANYBODY KNOW FRANKIE S. FROM QUEENS IN HERE? cwm40.gif

------------------

ANOTHER BANGIN

6ONE7 PRODUCTION......

3 out of those 4 clubs are for STUCK UP, PRETENTIOUS, EURO TRASH, LOSERS, who go to BU or Harvard and use their rich Daddy's Gold Card to buy overpriced booze, while listening to the worst CRAP MUSIC around.

At least try and entice people from NYC with a decent night, like CHrome Thursdays at Axis (with Dave Seaman, Carl Cox and other great DJs) or Lava Bar, with Lil Louie Vega, DJ Rasoul and Danny Krivit.

Going all the way to Boston to deal with stuck up PLASTIC PEOPLE...while listening to Kernkraft 400 and other cheesy euro trance crap is NOT gonna get you customers.

They might as well go to Exit (another favorite among the tired Boston crew) and hear Boris play the same commericial crap week after week.

hey there,

unfortunately, i go to school in (western) mass and have dealt with goin clubbin in boston. it's not a pretty sight there. i think just the law alone of clubs closing at 2 am kills any possibility of there being a decent club. i've never seen so many people with 2 left feet!

i know "shawn mass" posts here sometimes, he heads up promoting in beantown (www.clubbersworld.com, i believe is his site).

are new yorkers ever goin to like beantown peeps? i highly doubt it.. cwm2.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Boston rocks.....ONLY with the correct friends. I went to school up there and can totally agree the scene BLOWS up there... Axis and Avalon try but just to many people FOLLOWING the trend. Boston is good at following... NOT LEADING!

~R~

------------------

"If you have it really banging and then, suddenly, these amazing chord changes are coming up, it’s sort of like this deep chord breath, sort of like [exhales] ahhh! It’s just like a great feeling, you know? There’s no formula for it, though. You just have to feel it, and then like it." -PVD

I used to party up there when I was younger. I agree with the others about Boston not having a real club scene. If you go up there expecting anything like NYC or even Miami, you'll be sorely disappointed. You might as well as stop half way there and go to Hartford. Nevertheless, Boston does have a decent bar scene. If you like beer and enjoy the college crowd, Boston can be allot of fun.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

I have a ton of buddies from college that live in Boston and I've always had a good time partying with them there...not because of Boston though, mainly because there is a cool crew there...

I'm sorry, but the party scene in Boston is WACK!! I have partied many a times there and can never get used to the 2am rule...and that's not even the worst part about it...the worst part is that the T's(Boston Subway) stops at 12am or some shit and everyone has to cab it home, thus by the time you finally get home it's like 3 or 4am...what a joke!! How can the T's stop at 12am when the bars close a 2am...I just don't understand.

I went to "Club" Avalon for Oakie there too...I had a great time, but it was so un-organized outside...Boston just can't handle a big name DJ like they...it's also not worthy...it was a great show, but once again at 2am sharp, right after Zombie Nation, the music stopped and the lights went on.

Thanks again Boston for ruining a great night...and get some real sports teams will you...every team in Boston sucks my nut sack...

"I LOVE NY"...Hellz Yea...

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

www.playj.com

AIM - E123NYC

Kitty ~ what school do you go to? I'm a student in MA too, 2 hours from Boston and 4 hours from NYC... road trip it to the City with girlfriends about 2 or 3 times a month. I've never checked out the Boston club scene, but I'd like to sometime just for the heck of it...

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

i went to school in boston two years ago, and clubbing there does suck, for the most part. the clubs you named, mostly stuck up junk. however, venu has a latin night that actually is pretty cool, despite the 2am thing, you can have a reasonably good time. but after nyc, everything back there looks like crap. the best clubs were outside of boston anyway...

boston people love to act stuck up. note, most "boston people" are from places like newton, concord, brighton, or east bumfuck, NH and not really from boston at all!

"boston" people generally fall into one of five distinct categories:

1) posers (wannabee elitists) with no money who pretend to be blue blooded members of their pretentious crowd

2) posers with a few dollars but not much more who always represent with attitude for their pretentious crowd

3) genuine blue bloods (daughters of the revolution and/or decendants of the mayflower pilgrims or some other constantly mentioned heritage) who actually posess large sums of (inherited) money that they will use to obtain reverence as the true leaders of their pretentious crowd.

4) college kids and people who actually grew up in the city and therefore have little other choice but to go out in boston.

5) people who dont go out in boston or go out only when surrounded by enough of their own friends to make the place seem fun.

ok, so i seem a little bitter. i am just having flashbacks to my days in a new england prep school where rich white "progressives" acted as if they posessed divine purpose.

welcome to boston. i have heard that NYC is a "tough town," well-- boston is a cold town. a very cold place in every sense of the word.

you can have fun tho. just bring your own friends and take along a "what-ev-ah" attitude.

despite the nagging vibe that demands you act otherwise, try hard to be polite, charming, and caring. i have found that acting truely cool always confuses the snobs.

------------------

i love music!

All I can say is that the Boston "club" scene sucks. I go to UMass in AMherst which is a 2 hour drive to Boston and whenever I go up there to visit friends I almost die. I am so used to dancing until sunrise that I leve the bars/"clubs" at around 1:30 and go to Frat houses on campuses to finish partying. I just cannot be in a club at 2am and watch it close. Thats sick... i don't really agree that the kids are stuck up too much.. we have that in NY too. But the party scene up in Beantown is horrible... and I agree about the bad sports teams... NY PRIDE IN DA HOUSE!!

ive heard good things bout Avalon.

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Central Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

love.jpg

Whoa kids....I guess nobody likes Boston. I am from there but now live in NYC and to tell you the truth, I never really liked the city....I feel like it is a waste of niceness. And yes, there is no club scene...I mean 2AM come on.....we don't even start until 2 AM here. And yes, Boston should not even try to hold big name DJ's b/c they can't handle it. It is all eurotrash and college preppies.

IT'S GOOD TO HEAR WHAT ALL YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT GREAT BOSTON.....

IT'S OBVIOUS TO ME AOME OF YOU HAVN'T BEEN AROUND HERE IN A WHILE BECAUSE THE PLACES HAVE CHANGED.....THERE ARE NEW PROMOTERS WORKING AT DIFFERENT SPOTS AND ALL THE ONES YOU GUYS THINK ARE STUCK UP, REALLY ARE NOT ANY MORE.....

ARIA STILL HAS A EURO CROWD BUT NOT ON EVERY NIGHT LIKE THEY USED TO....THE NIGHT WE DO IS A TUESDAY AND WE FEATURE THE BEST BOSTON HAS TO OFFER IN A HIP-HOP LOUNGE...WITH LOCAL ARTIST AND DJ'S REPRESENTIN.....

AS FOR VENU.....WE FEATUR THE INFAMOUS

DJ NAILZ....THIS KID CAN SPIN...HE BANGS OUT HTE BEST IN HARD HOUSE AND THIS IS IN NO WAY A STUCK UP NIHGT....ITS MORE LIKE A BABY SF....ANYBODY WANT A FREE CD FROM THIS NIGHT LET ME KNOW....

YOU CAN'T PUT BOSOTN DOWN SO MUCH....HALF OF THE COLLEGE POPULATION IS NEW YORKERS OR NJ KIDS...THERE HAS TOO BE A REASON FOR LEAVING....

WHAT EVER....ANY OF YOU GUYS WANT TO COME OUT TO BEAN TOWN...HIT ME OFF ANY TIME.....I RUN THE SHIT OUT HERE.....

6ONE7 ...HAVE YOU SEEN US ! cwm30.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

ANOTHER BANGIN

6ONE7 PRODUCTION......

i was up there few months ago....and i would have to agree with all of you....it SUCKED!

Of course besides the fact that i was with all of my friends....

But no matter how nice the clubs are or who's spinning....that 2AM Rule...don't think i can EVER get used to that!!

I go to Boston often and must say that it definitely doesn't compare to NY but it doesn't suck. The 2 o'clock thing blows but whatever - you go out at 11 instead of 3 - then hit a late night or go to sleep. A lot of places are kinda cheesy (as are some spots in NY) but at the same time they don't let the places get too packed so you have some room to move. In addition, the lines are not too bad and it doesn't cost a fortune to get in. I agree that NY is far superior to Boston but some people are just too critical (IMO). cwm30.gifcwm30.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

AIM - rockervt

[This message has been edited by rocker (edited 11-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by rocker (edited 11-28-2000).]