Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Scumfrog @ Quo, Thu 2/17

come join ******************* in conjunction with District Ent. and Reach Prod. as we begin our new party at one of NYC's finest venues, Quo (www.******.com).

Quo is the perfect venue to host a house music event and is now ready to set it off this thursday february 17th, with world reknowned dj The Scumfrog.

The Scumfrog has produced remixes for artists like david bowie, britney spears, missy elliott and annie lennox. In the summer of 2004 he release his first artist alblum entitled "Simmer"- released on his own label, Effin Records.

After having recently spent some time with the Scumfrog in his studio, I can say that he has to be one of the hardest working dj/producers in the business. He has been working steadfastly on signing local notable djs such Cevin Fisher and Carl Kennedy and producing some serious tracks with them. We were lucky enough to hear some of the tracks that are ready to be released at this year's Winter Music Conference.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that at least one of them is going to be one of the top 3 tracks to be released @ the wmc. The only other djs that have a copy of the track besides the Scumfrog are Sander Kleinenberg and Steve Lawler- who have been rocking dancefloors with this bomb since they got their hands on it.

Quo is up for "Best New Sound System" award by Club Systems magazine - so you know the sound has to be proper. The decor is sexy and sleek and the crowd in known to be as well.

So definitely make an effort to come and check this party out.

We have our own door person working the door, so dont worry about it being overly pretentious. So leave your inhibitions at home and be ready party.

Feel free to PM me or check out www.*******************.net for details

- :pint:

I have pretty high expectations after his sullivan room & cellar bar sets

Oh he will live up to them...talked to him for a while last night. Hes really excited for this!

and this sound system is just phenominal...hes perfect for the room.

He will also have some added 'surprises' in his set ;)

the party is being thrown by us...

East Side Productions(myself and Greg) as well as Thorin and Sevan

we have the door

we hire the doorstaff etc...

noone will be a dick to you at the door

same as all our events...

its about coming down and hearing quality music in a nice room and having a good time

it wasn't a guestlist problem. we had 5 girls, 6 guys, we got there at 11.30. there was no one on line. The guestlist girls said it was 'fashion week' and they didn't want so many guys in there. ::whatever!:: so we just moved our party elsewhere.

But anyway, its good to hear that your party is chill. i'll look into it! :)

I don't care if you think his name is cool. I asked why he named himself that?

First - let's start with the most obvious question - where did the name Scumfrog come from?

ScumFrog: It was a silly name I took on back in Amsterdam just for fun. It didn't really mean anything (especially not in Dutch), until I decided to use that alias for "The Watersong". After that I was stuck with the name. I never tried to change it because it has a funny ring to it. When Roger signed me he was all about preserving that name. I guess that would have been my moment to change my name to DJ Bob...and I didn't.