Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Say it Ain't so...Peter Rauhofer quit Roxy and...

tony41

from Peters mssgboard.........

Author Topic: A MESSAGE FROM PETER RAUHOFER

PETER RAUHOFER Posted: 25-Feb-05 03:48

Mail Profile

Hi Everyone,

I please ask all of you to be a bit more patient as I am still trying to clear up several issues that caused the incident last Saturday.

I will come back with a full report as soon as decisions are final.

Peter Rauhofer

i wonder if VC will have a new resedentcy there>>>this was taken from his site....that would be awesome !!!!!!!

I'm also excited to report that a new residency here in NYC may not be far away. I've been in talks for a while now with a few local clubs about doing a monthly Saturday night party. Watch this space for details as soon as they are finalized.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL DRAMA

Peter is a better dj the Peters, in my opinion.

My problem with Junior playing Roxy is that he has a track record of getting places shut down, or his crowd does. Also rumored Victor will have one weekend a month. If they could work it out with Peter, Victor, Junior, then Manny Lehman/Chad Wack alternating, I could spend 2 weekends a month there catching Peter and Victor--would be awesome.

I find it quite ridiculous that after all this time people still attach all these conclusions to Junior and Junior's Crowd. I know what you are thinking, Junior screws over his crowd and they are disappearing from his base, they've done so many drugs that they are not in the scene any more..blah blah blah. Let's face some reality here folks:

Junior's parties including his base have been sculpted ebbs and flows over the years like everything else in life. Many people that go to Junior do also go to numerous other venues and support many DJ's. This whole notion that it is Junior's followers that get clubs shut down is just a scapegoat way of everyone not accepting the blame that is deserving to all. Sure, there are people who partake in certain activities to enhance their evening and most of us have to deal with some of the more toxic folks once in a while, but they are in every club, in every city/country in the world. That is the power of human nature.

In light of the recent developments regarding the whole Roxy debaucle, I think it is just par for the course for all the negative folks to project the blame onto Junior as it has always been easy to blame him and his revelers for everything that does not go right when he is even remotely involved in these situations. Funny, since I think that the crowd that Junior plays too has a little more experience in these ebbs and flows in clubland and take these changes more or less as an opportunity to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak. In this age of instant gratification, a DJ with any type of longeveity has to visit the idea of recreating or possibly evolving their sound. True also that not all crowds from one party will continue through to the next but that is life, it is everchanging.

Peter Rauhofer fans should be thankful that they had as many years at Roxy. Most residencies in this day do not last even a year, and their security in Peter playing every week is what makes the whole situation difficult to understand. Instead of bashing Junior and his crowd, take from our experiences of being uprooted and transplanted time and time again. Enjoy the experience of the unknown for it almost always results in something much more magical. Most of us following Junior felt much the same way when things fell apart at one venue or another. Speaking for myself and friends that I have discussed this with, appreciate the value of what was produced through a previous venue: friends, memories, tragedies all tied to a time and place. The future is an opportunity to rebirth and rebuild and even renew. Furthermore, it makes the time you all spent at Roxy now even more cherished since you all have graduated your education there and are moving towards a new experience.

Maybe if you look at the possibilities of change instead of blasting others who have been there before you, you would realize the positive nature of such changes. Or maybe you haven't realized the nature of "House" yet.

Michael

I find it quite ridiculous that after all this time people still attach all these conclusions to Junior and Junior's Crowd. I know what you are thinking, Junior screws over his crowd and they are disappearing from his base, they've done so many drugs that they are not in the scene any more..blah blah blah. Let's face some reality here folks:

Junior's parties including his base have been sculpted ebbs and flows over the years like everything else in life. Many people that go to Junior do also go to numerous other venues and support many DJ's. This whole notion that it is Junior's followers that get clubs shut down is just a scapegoat way of everyone not accepting the blame that is deserving to all. Sure, there are people who partake in certain activities to enhance their evening and most of us have to deal with some of the more toxic folks once in a while, but they are in every club, in every city/country in the world. That is the power of human nature.

In light of the recent developments regarding the whole Roxy debaucle, I think it is just par for the course for all the negative folks to project the blame onto Junior as it has always been easy to blame him and his revelers for everything that does not go right when he is even remotely involved in these situations. Funny, since I think that the crowd that Junior plays too has a little more experience in these ebbs and flows in clubland and take these changes more or less as an opportunity to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak. In this age of instant gratification, a DJ with any type of longeveity has to visit the idea of recreating or possibly evolving their sound. True also that not all crowds from one party will continue through to the next but that is life, it is everchanging.

Peter Rauhofer fans should be thankful that they had as many years at Roxy. Most residencies in this day do not last even a year, and their security in Peter playing every week is what makes the whole situation difficult to understand. Instead of bashing Junior and his crowd, take from our experiences of being uprooted and transplanted time and time again. Enjoy the experience of the unknown for it almost always results in something much more magical. Most of us following Junior felt much the same way when things fell apart at one venue or another. Speaking for myself and friends that I have discussed this with, appreciate the value of what was produced through a previous venue: friends, memories, tragedies all tied to a time and place. The future is an opportunity to rebirth and rebuild and even renew. Furthermore, it makes the time you all spent at Roxy now even more cherished since you all have graduated your education there and are moving towards a new experience.

Maybe if you look at the possibilities of change instead of blasting others who have been there before you, you would realize the positive nature of such changes. Or maybe you haven't realized the nature of "House" yet.

Michael

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

anyway all of juniors events have been taking down from juniors dj schduele soo it looks like he wont be there.....looks like you get to have Carl Cox wooohoooo lol