Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP no longer @ Spirit!!!!

im sure this is great news for peters following. And to crixsi let me explain personally to you. First time hearing jp was probably 98 and while i wasnt hooked on him i still occasionally went to factory on n off until about 2001. Maybe in total i have heard him about 8 or 9 times maybe 7 maybe 10. But i heard the direction is his music and how it was changing more to the harder techier stuff. Yes i havent heard him in 4 yrs which was why i was curious to go afew weeks ago to see how much different he is. But then someone from this board who has amazing muscial taste said how horrible it was musically. Still playing the same similar style, which gives me no reason to want to go hear him again unless its for free. And some of the same people who partied in the 70s,80s,90s, luckily love it so much and are still partying now and talking to them is an amazing experience as well.

HERE YOU GO KIDDIES, luckily ive been into hosue music since 1989, thanks in part to my cousin and bro who were djs. Being in an apt with people spinnin music tha you like naturally gives you a curiousity to it. So lil by lil i was taught what djs wee makign ro palyign what. As well as parties them and their friends were goin to i would hear reviews abouta s well. I was also the only kid in junior h.s. hearing house music and carrying mix tapes of it while most people heard hip hop rap. The record collection in my house is about 5000 deep, 2000cds and a shitload of tapes from the 80s n 90s. First club i ever stepped foot into was EXPO in 1995. Jp productions were good stuff even my bro played them as well. As for morales and other dj/producer who i know about comes thru my education in my house. So this is why i tell ya ive been a fan of house music for 15yrs not that ive gone to clubs for 15yrs dont be mistaken.

ok, u gotta watch out who you call 'kiddies' bro, cause imma gonna hit the big 3-0 soon. Anyhow, I totally understand what you mean cause I had cuzins who were into what is now known as 'classic rock' and people dont get how I know so much about the genre without ever seeing most of those bands live. Also, growin up, while everyone was listening to Bon Jovi in junior high, some of the local college radio stations would play the 80's version of 'alternative' and other genres such as punk/industrial/heavy metal/hardcore so I too would have tapes of songs from local bands, etc. My point is - I know where you are coming from.

My only concern is that I hope your entire collection isn't soley made up of house music; although that may be impressive, it's kinda sad cause there's alot of other good stuff out there.

On the part about 'attitude'. Well, I have an attitude about everything, but if there is something I dont know about I always 'humble down' : ask if someone has a cd or if I could go to a show with them - always learning and having a positive open mind to anything and everything.

BUT GOD FORBID, I see one of these punk ass 22 year olds wearing Led Zeppelin t-shirt...make sure you know your shit or else I'm gonna make you look like the biggest idiot ...supposedly this a hot new trend and the retailers are charging $80 for a tshirt that sits in my attic and the kids cant even name the drummer :doh:

I admit, I don't make it out to Spirit much ... only for the Made Events. I would def love to go more if there was a good resident though...

The thing about Spirit though.. I went to Armin a few months ago, and the system was INSANE. Then I went for Nu-Nrg and Markus and it really wasn't that impressive...

So, on normal nights, is the system usually bumpin? I'd prefer not to be able to hear when I leave.

I was the 1st to have jp in spirit. When Spirit 1st open it was good the only vip was On the catwalk. That what his crowed love about sf you could sit and talk with out being told to get out this is vip and spirit started puting up VIP everywere it could. They got gready and Sf used to pay home 50,000+ a theam party to spirts 20,000 thats with paying the dancers promoting and how the club looks. Spirit wants the Crobar envierment not the Sf

I was the 1st to have jp in spirit. When Spirit 1st open it was good the only vip was On the catwalk. That what his crowed love about sf you could sit and talk with out being told to get out this is vip and spirit started puting up VIP everywere it could. They got gready and Sf used to pay home 50,000+ a theam party to spirts 20,000 thats with paying the dancers promoting and how the club looks. Spirit wants the Crobar envierment not the Sf

can you try that one more time in english

ok,

BUT GOD FORBID, I see one of these punk ass 22 year olds wearing Led Zeppelin t-shirt...make sure you know your shit or else I'm gonna make you look like the biggest idiot ...supposedly this a hot new trend and the retailers are charging $80 for a tshirt that sits in my attic and the kids cant even name the drummer :doh:

keith moon